If I can do it, anybody can.
Old
  (#31)
Low500
AzB Bronze Member
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

If I can do it, anybody can. - 05-18-2017, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denwhit View Post
Amazing! Can't wait to advance to that level.
I am a new student/user too....very new. I've been studying it from the YouTube videos Mr. Shuffett has made. I'm going to buy his book too when it comes out.
Seeing the perceptions seems very clear (to me). Having BELIEF is the tough part.
I don't know why the 'system' works either, and don't really care, but a giant leap of faith will convince you that it does.
The poster Neil is right....the hardest part is fighting the tendency to do what
we've always done instead of letting the system do the work
I can't tell you how many times recently that I've looked at a shot and would swear that the perception of a "B" on that shot would be too thick and drive the object ball into a rail almost like a bank and miss.....but I went ahead and did what is published on YouTube and the object ball split the pocket.
Mr. Shuffett is a very smart man, I think.
All the best to you.

Old
  (#32)
Renegade_56
R56 Custom Cues
Renegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond repute

05-19-2017, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low500 View Post
I am a new student/user too....very new. I've been studying it from the YouTube videos Mr. Shuffett has made. I'm going to buy his book too when it comes out.
Seeing the perceptions seems very clear (to me). Having BELIEF is the tough part.
I don't know why the 'system' works either, and don't really care, but a giant leap of faith will convince you that it does.
The poster Neil is right....the hardest part is fighting the tendency to do what
we've always done instead of letting the system do the work
I can't tell you how many times recently that I've looked at a shot and would swear that the perception of a "B" on that shot would be too thick and drive the object ball into a rail almost like a bank and miss.....but I went ahead and did what is published on YouTube and the object ball split the pocket.
Mr. Shuffett is a very smart man, I think.
All the best to you.
Great point. As Neil suggests, forget aiming at the object ball. The hard part of this system is not aiming an object ball at a pocket, The aim point is always the same, the cue ball. As you work with it there will be shots that you immediately know how to shoot, left sweep inside or outside, or vise versa, and by simply doing the fundamentals correctly you make the shot, without even looking for a contact point, and nothing more than a glance at the ball position on the table, That's the easy part. The hard part in my experience are those shots that are borderline, say 15 and inside sweep, or 30 and outside sweep, shots where both ways look close, and I think your ultimate success will be in making correct choices. Now for me, if I'm really unsure, sometimes, after I've addressed the ball and am ready to shoot, I may take a quick glance at the line to the contact point to verify it looks correct. Sometimes it does not and I'll try my other choice. Sometimes I get it wrong and miss the shot. What I would like is to know I'm right on every shot and so I'm hoping more experience with the system will eventually overcome my ability to use it incorrectly.

Renegade_56

If winning is so easy why aren't the losers doing it?

R56 Custom Cues on Facebook

Old
  (#33)
denwhit
AzB Silver Member
denwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond reputedenwhit has a reputation beyond repute

05-19-2017, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade_56 View Post
Great point. As Neil suggests, forget aiming at the object ball. The hard part of this system is not aiming an object ball at a pocket, The aim point is always the same, the cue ball. As you work with it there will be shots that you immediately know how to shoot, left sweep inside or outside, or vise versa, and by simply doing the fundamentals correctly you make the shot, without even looking for a contact point, and nothing more than a glance at the ball position on the table, That's the easy part. The hard part in my experience are those shots that are borderline, say 15 and inside sweep, or 30 and outside sweep, shots where both ways look close, and I think your ultimate success will be in making correct choices. Now for me, if I'm really unsure, sometimes, after I've addressed the ball and am ready to shoot, I may take a quick glance at the line to the contact point to verify it looks correct. Sometimes it does not and I'll try my other choice. Sometimes I get it wrong and miss the shot. What I would like is to know I'm right on every shot and so I'm hoping more experience with the system will eventually overcome my ability to use it incorrectly.
Thanks for your effort in trying. I'm watching the DVD again trying to pick it up. Is there one shot that we should start with that is easy to understand and demonstrates the system?

9' Brunswick Anniversary,
Predator Roadline LE-4
Vantage 314-2&3 and 12.9 REVO shafts

Old
  (#34)
fathomblue
Rusty Shackleford
fathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond repute

05-19-2017, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Do you mean a 15* outside and a 30* inside?

Justin Wray

Main Player: Gary Johnson custom 4-pointer w/Ki-tech "hard" tip
Back-up Player: Gary Johnson custom Sneaky Pete w/Ki-Tech "hard" tip
Breaker: Gary Johnson custom "Snowflake" 4-pointer
Jumper: Steve Lomax custom w/silver rings
Retired: Meucci 333-5

Old
  (#35)
Renegade_56
R56 Custom Cues
Renegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond repute

05-19-2017, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fathomblue View Post
Do you mean a 15* outside and a 30* inside?
no, an inside sweep thins the shot, just as going from 15 to 30, and the outside 30 thickens the shot, so inside 15 and outside 30 are close to each other, but not the same.

Renegade_56

Old
  (#36)
Renegade_56
R56 Custom Cues

05-19-2017, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Thanks for your effort in trying. I'm watching the DVD again trying to pick it up. Is there one shot that we should start with that is easy to understand and demonstrates the system?
Well no, not really, you just have to use it until it clicks. Follow the videos, hell even shoot along with the videos, when Stan describes what he sees over a shot, set that shot up and try to see it yourself. Pay attention, Stan says things in passing that are important. Not purposely of course, but like I said, pay attention. Maybe watch the youtube videos and then go back to the DVDs again.

And don't discount the manual pivots. I do the sweeps now on most shots because I'm trying to perfect them, but early on I did manual pivots only, as featured on Stans DVD 1. The link below is a video I shot, actually the only video I have ever done. I was missing some shots and wanted to check my stroke, so I put these balls out on a diamond grid and just shot, trying to get my stroke from various angles, so I taped my phone to a broom and shot this, lol. This was before I started doing sweeps, so it's quite obvious I was using manual pivots.

https://www.facebook.com/10000857511...type=2&theater

Renegade_56

Last edited by Renegade_56; 05-19-2017 at 09:00 AM.

Old
  (#37)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member
cookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond repute

05-19-2017, 01:20 PM

Quote:
A straight in shot. Just to get used to everything

Old
  (#38)
fathomblue
Rusty Shackleford
fathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond reputefathomblue has a reputation beyond repute

05-19-2017, 01:25 PM

Quote:
no, an inside sweep thins the shot, just as going from 15 to 30, and the outside 30 thickens the shot, so inside 15 and outside 30 are close to each other, but not the same.
Whoops. You're right. I'm confused when I'm not at the table.

Justin Wray

Main Player: Gary Johnson custom 4-pointer w/Ki-tech "hard" tip
Back-up Player: Gary Johnson custom Sneaky Pete w/Ki-Tech "hard" tip
Breaker: Gary Johnson custom "Snowflake" 4-pointer
Jumper: Steve Lomax custom w/silver rings
Retired: Meucci 333-5

Old
  (#39)
mohrt
Student of the Game
mohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond reputemohrt has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 400

05-19-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
The inside 15 and outside 30 result in the same shot, you can use either one. This is the only two visuals that overlap. I tend to use outside 30 when angle is wide (reaching outer limits of 15), as it's easier to see.

http://www.billiardsthegame.com/ Taking your game to the next level.

Old
  (#40)
Renegade_56
R56 Custom Cues

05-19-2017, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohrt View Post
The inside 15 and outside 30 result in the same shot, you can use either one. This is the only two visuals that overlap. I tend to use outside 30 when angle is wide (reaching outer limits of 15), as it's easier to see.
No, I disagree Mohrt, so I did a little experiment.

I placed the cue ball on the 2nd diamond from the end rail and one diamond from the side rail for every shot. I placed an object ball on the spot for every shot, represented in the picture by the 11 ball. So a straight on shot or full ball hit goes to the spot where the 9 ball is sitting. I then shot each perception/sweep very softly into the cushion, marking where each object ball meets the cushion and they are represented in order from the 1 ball thru the 5 ball. So shooting the cue ball from this position at a spotted ball for each perception, the target points on the rail are marked by where balls are setting in the picture.

1 ball= I shot with 15 degree outside sweep,
2 ball= I shot with 15 degree inside sweep.
3 ball= I shot with 30 degree outside sweep
4 ball= I shot with 30 degree inside sweep
5 ball= I shot with 45 degree outside sweep

If a 30 outside were equivalent to a 15 inside, that pretty much reduces the system to aiming at 1/4 ball increments, and so results in not being all that accurate. As you can see in the picture small differences in the perception and sweep make big differences in the cut angle, and these shots were all relatively short. Imagine if they were several diamonds farther.

Name:  20170519_174602.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  107.4 KB

DISCLAIMER,,,,,, I have discussed this with Stan since posting it and it seems that this is not 100 percent in touch with his teachings. I was going to take it down, but decided not to, not yet anyway, but to leave it for an example that you can learn things in a way that are useful to you, even if it's not the exact method taught, so don't get frustrated. Use it and figure out a way to make it work for you.

Renegade_56

Last edited by Renegade_56; 05-19-2017 at 06:23 PM.

Old
  (#41)
stan shuffett
AzB Silver Member
stan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-19-2017, 04:25 PM

A quick check:

Shot 1 15,O --Between 1and 9 ball
Shot. 2. 15, I--left QUARTER of the 1ball
Shot 3. 30, O-- same LQ of the 1ball
Shot 4. 30, I---2 ball
Shot 5 45, O----3 ball
Shot 6 45, I-----5 ball

Stan Shuffett

Last edited by stan shuffett; 05-19-2017 at 04:35 PM.

Old
  (#42)
Renegade_56
R56 Custom Cues

05-19-2017, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan shuffett View Post
A quick check:

Shot 1 15,O --Between 1and 9 ball
Shot. 2. 15, I--left QUARTER of the 1ball
Shot 3. 30, O-- same LQ of the 1ball
Shot 4. 30, I---2 ball
Shot 5 45, O----3 ball
Shot 6 45, I-----5 ball

Stan Shuffett
So if I get what you are saying then I should get a pattern very much like this Stan?

Name:  Stan pattern.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  100.6 KB

Renegade_56

Old
  (#43)
stan shuffett
AzB Silver Member
stan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond reputestan shuffett has a reputation beyond repute

05-19-2017, 05:49 PM

Quote:
So if I get what you are saying then I should get a pattern very much like this Stan?

Attachment 459087
Yes, seems very close!

To get started with correct CTE thinking, your first shot as originally set up was directly through
the middle diamond. CTE connects with right angles. So, your 15,O would not align to a right angle, not even 20 tables away. But, as it is set up now the right connection might occur at about 8 tables away in the bottom corner.
The 15 I and 30 0 connect with 90 degree angles two tables away at the bottom corner. The 30I connects to the bottom corner only one table away. The 45 O travels through 3 tables as it's a 3 in the side shot. ( it would take a network of connecting tables to show that one....And lastly, the 45I connects to the base table as no connectors are necessary.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited by stan shuffett; 05-19-2017 at 05:57 PM.

Old
  (#44)
Renegade_56
R56 Custom Cues

05-19-2017, 06:06 PM

well there you have it folks. This is a doable exercise and Stan has shown us what we are striving for, so if you are working on visual sweeps, this is a way to check your progress.

Renegade_56

Old
  (#45)
stan shuffett
AzB Silver Member

05-19-2017, 06:13 PM

Quote:
well there you have it folks. This is a doable exercise and Stan has shown us what we are striving for, so if you are working on visual sweeps, this is a way to check your progress.
For banking, CTE aligns the player to blind pockets table(s) away as if a curtain were up.
Direct pocketing such as the the 45 I is an easier proposition in that speed and spin are essentially nonvariables. Not so for the banks. CTE gives the aim and then speed and spin must be factored in.

CTE is very slow at first......slow slow slow and then it's sudden.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited by stan shuffett; 05-19-2017 at 06:21 PM.

Page 3 of 12 123 45 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: