Reload this Page Bob Byrne Estate Sale
Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Bob Byrne Estate Sale
Old
  (#1)
nkvilliecues
AzB Silver Member
nkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Bob Byrne Estate Sale - 05-06-2017, 04:53 PM

For better or for worse i am in charge of selling Bob Byrne's book collection, which he bequeathed to the United States Billiard Association, for the benefit of 3 cushion billiards. The USBA has put me in charge of this sale. I am in the process of cataloguing this material which includes the original typewritten manuscripts for McGoorty, his book on trick shots and his Standard Book Of Billiards and Pool.

[If you have any interest in this material please contact me by e mail or phone ONLY and i will send you a list of the materials I have catalogued so far. The list is too extensive to post on this forum. PMing me on AZ or Facebook will not get you a reply. Sorry but e mail or a phone call is the only way.

All money realized from the sale of these books, manuscripts, VHS tapes, DVDs will go to the USBA to promote 3 cushion billiards and none will accrue to myself.

Last edited by nkvilliecues; 05-11-2017 at 12:54 PM.

Old
  (#2)
12squared
AzB Gold Member
12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

05-06-2017, 08:05 PM

I wish you the best in this project. Bob was a special person in the billiard world and it was generous of his wife to donate it to the USBA and generous of you to catalog everything and do the work to sell it all. You are the best.

I hope it's a great success. Wow, the original manuscript for McGoorty...awesome!

Dave

Old
  (#3)
Black-Balled
Look Everythings Spinning
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
05-06-2017, 08:27 PM

Agreed, Dennis.

Thanks for taking the wheel on this one.

Two thirds from the top,
Another third for roads and cops.
Don't kid yourself that it's ever gonna stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast View Post
...he loves pool, but he lost his love for pool halfway through the one pocket...

Old
  (#4)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

05-07-2017, 12:26 AM

How $$$ for the original and what can we do to preserve it? Serious question and you can pm me a #$$$
Jason

Old
  (#5)
nkvilliecues
AzB Silver Member
nkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond reputenkvilliecues has a reputation beyond repute

05-07-2017, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlaus View Post
How $$$ for the original and what can we do to preserve it? Serious question and you can pm me a #$$$
Jason
Please call me to discuss this matter 517-745-8872

Old
  (#6)
K2Kraze
AzB Gold Member
K2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond reputeK2Kraze has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-07-2017, 02:31 PM

[QUOTE=nkvilliecues;5874470]For better or for worse i am in charge of selling Bob Byrne's book collection, which he bequeathed to the United States Billiard Association, for the benefit of 3 cushion billiards. The USBA has put me in charge of this sale. I am in the process of cataloguing this material.....

Do you have a time frame when the cataloging of Mr. Byrne's estate collection will be available to look over?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old
  (#7)
12squared
AzB Gold Member
12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute12squared has a reputation beyond repute

05-09-2017, 03:42 PM

This is so cool of Dennis to do this for Bob and the USBA, Thanks you my friend.

I suggest anyone interested in a piece of billiard history to contact Dennis to get on the list. I think everything will become clear in the coming month or so.

Dave

We should all do our part in keeping this thread on the first page.

Old
  (#8)
billiardcue
11th Commandment

billiardcue has a reputation beyond reputebilliardcue has a reputation beyond reputebilliardcue has a reputation beyond reputebilliardcue has a reputation beyond reputebilliardcue has a reputation beyond reputebilliardcue has a reputation beyond reputebilliardcue has a reputation beyond reputebilliardcue has a reputation beyond reputebilliardcue has a reputation beyond reputebilliardcue has a reputation beyond reputebilliardcue has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

05-11-2017, 09:55 AM

The collection is extensive.
I was at Dennis' home and saw the collection.
Dennis has his work cut out for him.
Good luck with the sale.

Dick Abbott

BilliardCue.com ~ custom & collectible billiard instruments
Cuepics.com ~ professional cue photography
Thisis'Ames'Mister.com ~ eye candy for the cue connoisseur
dick@billiardcue.com
540 772 7827
"We are all born ignorant, but we must work hard to remain stupid"

Old
  (#9)
chefjeff
No sides, only players
chefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond repute

05-12-2017, 07:13 AM

Is it going to be in Dubuque?...or online?

Jeff Livingston

Old
  (#10)
3kushn
AzB Silver Member
3kushn has a reputation beyond repute3kushn has a reputation beyond repute3kushn has a reputation beyond repute3kushn has a reputation beyond repute3kushn has a reputation beyond repute3kushn has a reputation beyond repute3kushn has a reputation beyond repute3kushn has a reputation beyond repute3kushn has a reputation beyond repute3kushn has a reputation beyond repute3kushn has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-12-2017, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefjeff View Post
Is it going to be in Dubuque?...or online?

Jeff Livingston
Jeff,
Everything has been sent to Dennis except for some books that Bob wrote. Mrs Byrne forgot to pull them off Bob's office shelf on my first trip to Dubuque to pick up everything.

The books will be shipped to buyers directly from my place, rather than send them to Dennis for him to deal with. He has enough to keep him busy.

Thank you Dennis to taking on 99.999% of this job!! And thanks to Jamison Transit Service for the safe delivery.

Old
  (#11)
chefjeff
No sides, only players
chefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond repute

05-12-2017, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kushn View Post
Jeff,
Everything has been sent to Dennis except for some books that Bob wrote. Mrs Byrne forgot to pull them off Bob's office shelf on my first trip to Dubuque to pick up everything.

The books will be shipped to buyers directly from my place, rather than send them to Dennis for him to deal with. He has enough to keep him busy.

Thank you Dennis to taking on 99.999% of this job!! And thanks to Jamison Transit Service for the safe delivery.
Thanks to you and definitely to Dennis, too. It's a very tough job doing such sales.

Good thing, too, as I asked the bus driver, "Does this bus go to Dubuque?" He said, "No, it goes toot da toot."

Good luck,

Jeff Livingston

Old
  (#12)
12squared
AzB Gold Member

05-19-2017, 10:36 AM

Hi boys and girls. Just bumping up this worthy cause and the chance to own a piece of billiard history.

Thanks again, Dennis!

Dave

Old
  (#13)
nkvilliecues
AzB Silver Member

05-20-2017, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12squared View Post
Hi boys and girls. Just bumping up this worthy cause and the chance to own a piece of billiard history.

Thanks again, Dennis!

Dave
FINALLY GOT EVERYTHING [more or lees] CATALOGUED except his letters and private correspondence which may take forever.

Have four tapes from SL 1996 where you are commentator with BB but unfortunately no longer have a VHS player to play them on......LOL

Just sent out an e mail blast to over 50 people expressed interest but most of them are older than me [if you can believe that !!], tell me the market if in the crapper and more interested in selling than buying.......so WTF

Cheerzzzzzzz

dddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Old
  (#14)
billiardshot
AzB Gold Member
billiardshot has a reputation beyond reputebilliardshot has a reputation beyond reputebilliardshot has a reputation beyond reputebilliardshot has a reputation beyond reputebilliardshot has a reputation beyond reputebilliardshot has a reputation beyond reputebilliardshot has a reputation beyond reputebilliardshot has a reputation beyond reputebilliardshot has a reputation beyond reputebilliardshot has a reputation beyond reputebilliardshot has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

05-20-2017, 03:26 PM

But are the items in a Katz Freezzz Zoneeeeeee!!!!

Just Let It Go!!

Old
  (#15)
nkvilliecues
AzB Silver Member

05-20-2017, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiardshot View Post

But are the items in a Katz Freezzz Zoneeeeeee!!!!
No such thing as a cat free zone where i am concerned.

Have a $350 bid on the BROTHE pamphlet and $225 on the TUZUL book.....not bad for the first day

Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: