Meucci Jimmy Rempe 2 Pool Cue

Lizardking

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meucci King Jim Rempe 2 Pool Cue

Trying to find out what year this cue was manufactured. It is not in the third edition of the Blue Book. Any info would greatly be appreciated.

Meucci King Jim Rempe 2 Pool Cue. Cue is in very good condition. It does have a couple minor blemishes that are very hard to find.

Shaft- Straight, 3 1/2 ounces, 13.4mm LePro tip
Butt- Straight, 15 3/8 ounces, 5/16-18 pin/thread

DSC03604.jpg

DSC03605.jpg

DSC03606.jpg

DSC03609.jpg

DSC03611.jpg

Cheers,
Tony

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Garczar,

Mark from Budget Billiards responded telling me it was early 80’s, possibly even the late 70’s. I’m extremely pleased with that info.

Cheers,
Tony
IIRC Rempe signed-on with Meucci around '82-'83 timeframe. Buddy was with them in '79 when i bought my BH-1(from Buddy, btw) and Rempe was still with Adam then.

strum4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Tony (The Wrap of Your Meucci JR-2 Cue)

Thanks $TAKE HOR$E,

I absolutely love the wrap. It really compliments this cue. I did a little research and have not found another wrap like it.

Cheers,
Tony

Hello Tony,

At first glance, I thought the wrap of your cue was pressed leather. As a few others have noted, it really does compliment the cue.

But having looked more closely at your photographs, it appears that the wrap is the standard linen, under the finish, and that the patina of the finish has developed an aged look to it.

I have this same Jimmy Rempe, model JR-2 cue, from the same era, and my wrap looks nothing like yours. While the finish over your wrap may have simply aged naturally, if the cue was left out of its case in a pool room with bright sunlight, there's also the possibility that a previous owner may also have applied nitrocellulose lacquer or some type of shellac over the wrap? As with guitar finishes that were oversprayed, the only way to tell is by using a blacklight.

Nonetheless, it looks cool, and these are fantastic hitting cues!

Happy Shooting!

Last edited:

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
I might be able to narrow down the era for you. Below is my Meucci from the Larry Hubbart series, bought new from Meucci in 1984. Much earlier than that, they had the smaller rounded bumper, and as you can see, mine is the same as yours, so I think it's safe to say early to mid 80s. Obviously your wrap is different.

Those were good years for Meucci. I still remember the 1984 US Open nine ball at the Quality Inn, Lake Wright, Norfolk, Virginia. Those using Meucci cues included Earl Strickland (the winner), Mike Sigel, David Howard, Larry Hubbart, Louie Roberts, and Wade Crane, to name a few.

Hope this helps,

All the best,
WW

Attachments

• Hubbart.jpg
    Hubbart.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 880

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I might be able to narrow down the era for you. Below is my Meucci from the Larry Hubbart series, bought new from Meucci in 1984. Much earlier than that, they had the smaller rounded bumper, and as you can see, mine is the same as yours, so I think it's safe to say early to mid 80s. Obviously your wrap is different.

Those were good years for Meucci. I still remember the 1984 US Open nine ball at the Quality Inn, Lake Wright, Norfolk, Virginia. Those using Meucci cues included Earl Strickland (the winner), Mike Sigel, David Howard, Larry Hubbart, Louie Roberts, and Wade Crane, to name a few.

Hope this helps,

All the best,
WW
WOW,
ALOT of GREAT PLAYERS were using Meucci ….
" I just got an LH 4-
PRETTY MINT CONDITION-
HAS THE ROUND, PILL BUMPER-
NICE AND STRAIGHT-
VERY LITTLE PLAY ON THE CUE,
WITH THE ORIGINAL TIP-
Excellent playing cue !

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Meucci King Jim Rempe 2 Pool Cue.

By the way, that Meucci series has more history than most will realize. Earl Strickland shot with the Rempe Model 5 cue in the mid 80s. Obviously, King James Rempe shot with a jewel-version of the Rempe Model 7 cue, the Crown. Yours is obviously the Model 2, pictured here.

And if you're into cue history, Louie Roberts also represented Meucci at that time. Here's a bit of a time capsule, and beginning about 13:30 or so, I believe he is shooting with a white wrap version of the JR Model 1 Meucci. Enjoy.

All the best,
WW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G13l_W_UI4

Attachments

• Meucci Rempe.jpg
    Meucci Rempe.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 1,544
Last edited: