Worth on my Zinzola

zpele

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok let me start by saying I'd rather this not deteriorate into drama. That being said, Zinzola recently retired from making cues and apparently I got the last one he ever made. What does this do to the value if anything?

HoldemRw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not getting on u to much but there is another zinzola thread just started recently. From what I hear he trying get back in business. He didn't retire he ripped off Alot of people here on AZ and elsewhere. It will probably be a very hard sale even at rock bottom value. There are few on here that are priced great and that is only reason they are not sold.

I have never bought cue from tony so I say this completely bias. But Goodluck on ur sale pics or description of cue would help a lot to determine value

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

zpele

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not getting on u to much but there is another zinzola thread just started recently. From what I hear he trying get back in business. He didn't retire he ripped off Alot of people here on AZ and elsewhere. It will probably be a very hard sale even at rock bottom value. There are few on here that are priced great and that is only reason they are not sold.

I have never bought cue from tony so I say this completely bias. But Goodluck on ur sale pics or description of cue would help a lot to determine value

No worries. I'm actually not looking to sell it as its my player and it's honestly one of if not the best hitting cue I've ever used. I'm really just curious if being the last cue made increases the value over the usual cost of the cue.

Also just for clarification- I've never dealt with Tony- I won the cue after it was finished.

Last edited:

HoldemRw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They do hit great it was sad what happened cause he was coming up strong and Alot of people although don't like him will tell u his cues play great. I would imagine it would increase the value a little though.

No worries. I'm actually not looking to sell it as its my player and it's honestly one of if not the best hitting cue I've ever used. I'm really just curious if being the last cue made increases the value over the usual cost of the cue.

Also just for clarification- I've never dealt with Tony- I won the cue after it was finished.

Maybe $200. I wonder if it's a cue he didn't deliver to a fully paid customer

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
I don't see how your cue could be worth any more considering his name is now total trash right? Your cue is worth as much as it plays in my opinion.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
He is not Szamboti, Searing, Tad, etc. It will do nothing, he is nobody in the cue world.
Jason

asiasdad

Banned
Ok let me start by saying I'd rather this not deteriorate into drama. That being said, Zinzola recently retired from making cues and apparently I got the last one he ever made. What does this do to the value if anything?

Sell it in your local pool room for whatever you can get
to a computer illiterate heathen who has no clue what an
AZB is..

NO ONE who follows AZB will buy the damn thing out of
respect for the people who Zinzola screwed over here.

I'm sorry you are stuck with it.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont think the mans rep or the fact it was the last one have any significant impact on the value.

One day, his cues were good. Then the next, his rep was bad.

Some people wouldnt touch it, others would have no prob owning it....and every point in between.

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont think the mans rep or the fact it was the last one have any significant impact on the value.

Some people wouldnt touch it, others would have no prob owning it....and every point in between.

Look at you, being all diplomatic and shit! :grin:

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

^^ This......and unfortunately for sellers, that alone lowers the value, because there will be less buyers in the market for his cues....

As to being the "last cue he made" no value bump for that, IMHO

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is zero benefit or value to having the last cue someone makes unless the cue-maker is a respected, highly regarded cue-maker by his peers and the public at large.
A cue-maker's reputation has a lot to do with it and owning a Zinzola doesn't help since his cues really never did get rave reviews at any time I can recall and I followed him on Az,
However, I will concede that I admired some of his designs and the workmanship but never played with one of his cues. Regardless, I wouldn't want a cue from a disrespected man.
All of my cues came from people that were trustworthy, respected and talented cue-makers & that's the only type cue I want. However, if I already owned one, then I'd still play with it.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you and Jesse accusing the op.of knowingly owning a cue that was paid for and never delivered to another customer ?

It was just a stray thought.
I have a lot of those since they put me in the home.
Is it time for my meds yet?
I like the white oval ones,i feel all warm and cozy from them.

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

His cues had a reputation of playing great. Unfortunately he has a bad rep....
But prices are based on supply/demand.
Right now there is no demand for his cues because of his rep.
In a couple years people will forget about the maker and just look at how the cue plays...and from what I hear is great.
I think the value will go up in time......my .02

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
In a couple years people will forget about the maker and just look at how the cue plays...and from what I hear is great.
I think the value will go up in time......my .02

Count me in the camp that thinks this has no chance at happening. This is the Information Age. There will be no future date that a Zinzola cue comes up and a person can't research. His cues were already commanding a higher than normal price compared to other cuemakers of his years of service. There is no room for up, but plenty of room to go down.

Everything points to a decrease not an increase It's not like the playablity of his cues were legendary or even something to tell anyone with any experience about. Not many (if any) are going to say that his cues were comparable in hit to a Searing or Lambros or any cue really well known for playability.

And like it or not, the AZ community and influential groups and their members like Premium Cues for Sale (Joe, Sean, etc.) aren't going to be pushing Zinzola cues anywhere but down.

Passing the cue off to an unwitting victim at a local pool hall is probably the most likely route for people wanting to unload. That doesn't count as "value going up" in my book.

Freddie <~~~ no interest here

Last edited: