jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
lol

Lou Figueroa
Dan made a
pretty good funny

Yes Lou that is really funny. I'm sure everyone had a big laugh at my expense. Are you happy now?

I will tell you something Lou that maybe you aren't aware of. In the course of this thread you've shown yourself to everyone reading it, as to who you are as a man and how you relate to others. You told on yourself Lou, time and time again, and it wasn't pretty.

Thanks to you, we all know who you are now. I'm not sure anybody's laughing though. :yeah:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes Lou that is really funny. I'm sure everyone had a big laugh at my expense. Are you happy now?

Hey Jay, no offense intended. I've always enjoyed your posts and maybe I should have thought twice before sending that. :eek:

My apologies.

Dan "Dandruff" White

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I will tell you something Lou that maybe you aren't aware of. In the course of this thread you've shown yourself to everyone reading it, as to who you are as a man and how you relate to others. You told on yourself Lou, time and time again, and it wasn't pretty.

Thanks to you, we all know who you are now. I'm not sure anybody's laughing though. :yeah:

wah, wah.

OK to intimate a couple of posts ago I'm a cancer on the group but God forbid Dan tosses a "Jaynital Warts" reference your way, lol.

Dish it out but can't take it, Monsieur Wart?

Lou Figueroa

Reactions: mvp

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
wah, wah.

OK to intimate a couple of posts ago I'm a cancer on the group but God forbid Dan tosses a "Jaynital Warts" reference your way, lol.

Dish it out but can't take it, Monsieur Wart?

Lou Figueroa

Someone else will be the judge of that. Your incessant and contradictory comments on this thread, where you keep trying to establish some semblance of credibility are the best evidence about who you are. I will let you have the last word because I don't intend to honor you with any more of my time.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey Jay, no offense intended. I've always enjoyed your posts and maybe I should have thought twice before sending that. :eek:

My apologies.

Dan "Dandruff" White

Don't worry about it Dan. It's like water off a duck's back. :smile:

Last edited:

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
But, you're jumping on Super Aramith?
So there are less skids on Centennials, more on Super Pro's but not on Cyclops?
See, how that works ?

Ah, sorry. Justin Bergman claimed Cyclop skid more. Not me.
Someone else claimed Diamond skid more. I didn't participate in that thread.

And i don't take back what insaid because that is the truth about the super aramith pro balls, made by the SAME company that makes the centennial balls you'reso proud of....so, you tell me what the difference is? Diamond had noting to do with the production flaws in the pro's, so why jump down Diamond's throat or even Cyclop for trying to make playing pool better? Cyclop didn't inv3nt the balls skidding, neither did the Aramith pro's, skidding balls has been around a long time....and ANY Pro player should KNOW how to avoid shooting a skidding ball as it's a known fact that they can avoid the skid if they don't take the shot for granted, i don't care what anyone says....it's avoidable!

I don't understand this. (God help me for commenting on this post.)

Saluc told me via email that the Centennials and the Super Aramith Pros were the same balls, aesthetics excepted. One was better than the other?

(BTW, to any Aramith reps reading this: If you make a Duramith ball with Centennial styling, I'd empty my kid's college account to buy them.)

Justin Bergman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some people really out to listen more than talk and they might learn something. Its a huge disadvantage especially cue ball wise if you're playing and practicing with a measle or red circle and then play a major tournament with a different cue ball. Difference between winning and losing. I don't think it's as big of a difference as cue, but that's like saying well it's just a cue. So someone just borrows a cue mid match, are going to play the same with that cue? No chance maybe a beginner might. I'll play with whatever is available. I've won some tournamnrts with cyclops balls but I think Aramiths are just a little better ball.

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
Some people really out to listen more than talk and they might learn something. Its a huge disadvantage especially cue ball wise if you're playing and practicing with a measle or red circle and then play a major tournament with a different cue ball. Difference between winning and losing. I don't think it's as big of a difference as cue, but that's like saying well it's just a cue. So someone just borrows a cue mid match, are going to play the same with that cue? No chance maybe a beginner might. I'll play with whatever is available. I've won some tournamnrts with cyclops balls but I think Aramiths are just a little better ball.

Edited.

I agree with you regarding the specific cue ball you use, and think you should be able to replace it as golfers do.

Last edited:

Ekojasiloop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I mean, of course the balls you practice with are going to be the ones you play best with. Most of the great players I've watched are playing with a different set of balls every couple of hours though, and I think that sort of "solves" the problem Justin in talking about. I actually would not think it would be the greatest thing in the world to play with one set of balls, on one table, too often if you really want to be top notch. Of course you're going to miss balls, billiards, etc if you play one certain set of equipment too much, again that's why a good player should not do it in my estimation.

Pool is not really any different that golf or any other sport. In golf, a guy may tee off at 3pm near the ocean and the greens are bone dry. He's heading into the last few holes at 5pm and the suns about to set and the course is soaking up water. The greens are going to play night and day different. Pool balls are going to play different too, but it just doesn't matter, just like golf, you gotta get in there and play good when it counts and concentrate as best you can under any circumstances. The real take home point though, is I think if there was a golfer who says something like "I play worse when the greens get wet", well yeah you're going to play worse when the greens get wet because you have got an obvious head problem. Players should not be thinking like that, but whatever everyone is free to do as they please, detrimental or not.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

Someone else will be the judge of that. Your incessant and contradictory comments on this thread, where you keep trying to establish some semblance of credibility are the best evidence about who you are. I will let you have the last word because I don't intend to honor you with any more of my time.

We knew who Lou was many years ago and up through today when it comes to the aiming threads and his disparagement of systems and super good men who were and are 100% professionals in the world of pool.

Actually, we should also include professional players who have come on AZ and other forums giving advice and secrets on how to play better who couldn't take it any more and he ended up running them off. Now most of them avoid the entire scene by going to Facebook.

He did the same thing in 1pckt.org. And there are those who think it's cruel to even suggest his permanent ouster here as that forum did.

I don't think so. They made the right move for the benefit of the forum and majority of their members.

Btw when Lou goes to a pool room in his area, he takes his own set of balls with him. He's very particular. They aren't Cyclops.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I think we all know that.

Before the DCC I play with a Cyclop set. Before other events I might practice with an Aramith set and a RC CB. Other events it's a measles CB. Then maybe back to the Cyclop. Like right now I'm practicing with an Aramith set in anticipation of an event I may decide to play in. I used to go to one pool room that had undersized RC CBs, so I had one of those to practice with. It does make a difference and I hate it when at one venue certain events are being played with one set of balls and other events are being played with something different.

Personally, I like them all but do believe the Cyclop are the better ball.

Lou Figueroa

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I think we all know that.

Before the DCC I play with a Cyclop set. Before other events I might practice with an Aramith set and a RC CB. Other events it's a measles CB. Then maybe back to the Cyclop. Like right now I'm practicing with an Aramith set in anticipation of an event I may decide to play in. I used to go to one pool room that had undersized RC CBs, so I had one of those to practice with. It does make a difference and I hate it when at one venue certain events are being played with one set of balls and other events are being played with something different.

Personally, I like them all but do believe the Cyclop are the better ball.

Lou Figueroa

Lou, you make it sound like you're a nationwide traveler who plays regularly at many different events. You're not and you don't.

Truth is you're a man in his mid 60's who has deteriorating eyesight and terribly broken down knees. You've always been an amateur, not a pro player.

In the famous words of Hillary Clinton, "what difference does it make". You've admitted yourself that you end up being a donator to the events with no chance.

It does point out why you didn't want to play against anyone in California but said you couldn't get a game.

The room had the wrong set of balls you hadn't practiced with beforehand.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I mean, of course the balls you practice with are going to be the ones you play best with. Most of the great players I've watched are playing with a different set of balls every couple of hours though, and I think that sort of "solves" the problem Justin in talking about. I actually would not think it would be the greatest thing in the world to play with one set of balls, on one table, too often if you really want to be top notch. Of course you're going to miss balls, billiards, etc if you play one certain set of equipment too much, again that's why a good player should not do it in my estimation.

Pool is not really any different that golf or any other sport. In golf, a guy may tee off at 3pm near the ocean and the greens are bone dry. He's heading into the last few holes at 5pm and the suns about to set and the course is soaking up water. The greens are going to play night and day different. Pool balls are going to play different too, but it just doesn't matter, just like golf, you gotta get in there and play good when it counts and concentrate as best you can under any circumstances. The real take home point though, is I think if there was a golfer who says something like "I play worse when the greens get wet", well yeah you're going to play worse when the greens get wet because you have got an obvious head problem. Players should not be thinking like that, but whatever everyone is free to do as they please, detrimental or not.

I think being able to adjust to different equipment -- whether cloth, pockets, lighting, balls, etc. -- is a skill unto itself and one worth cultivating. If you get out at all you'll find conditions are rarely optimal. Perhaps the only thing you really have control of is your cue, tip, and chalk.

Lou Figueroa

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We knew who Lou was many years ago and up through today when it comes to the aiming threads and his disparagement of systems and super good men who were and are 100% professionals in the world of pool.

Actually, we should also include professional players who have come on AZ and other forums giving advice and secrets on how to play better who couldn't take it any more and he ended up running them off. Now most of them avoid the entire scene by going to Facebook.

He did the same thing in 1pckt.org. And there are those who think it's cruel to even suggest his permanent ouster here as that forum did.

I don't think so. They made the right move for the benefit of the forum and majority of their members.

Btw when Lou goes to a pool room in his area, he takes his own set of balls with him. He's very particular. They aren't Cyclops.

How dare you? The man is a legend in his own mind.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
How dare you? The man is a legend in his own mind.

I heard you ducked him when he was in town.:D
Joey~Remembers when Wayne shocked a lot of people at Shooters with his stained Zebrawood Tad~
" Who the hell is that guy who just beat Morro in the semis?"

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
Don't let this distract you from the fact that Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, "Spare Tire" Dixon.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I heard you ducked him when he was in town.:D
Joey~Remembers when Wayne shocked a lot of people at Shooters with his stained Zebrawood Tad~
" Who the hell is that guy who just beat Morro in the semis?"

Wayne beat Morro? Ho-Hum.

Did Wayne ever go head to head against someone with the look and intensity of Lou when Lou was trying to win the biggest and most important match of his life?

The determination in Lou's eyes going head to head against Efren right along side of him for the ultimate photo op shot in the "lag competition" to open their match was priceless. It showed that he belonged, or maybe the luckiest day of his life to get the draw.

(the lag is the most important shot in pool, isn't it?)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.