Tony Zinzola Scammer? Zinzola Custom Cues

Iraggi

Registered
Does anyone have info on Tony Zinzola (Zinzola Custom Cues)? Long story short I gave him a $400 deposit to start on a $4k+ custom cue. We went back and forth a couple times on cue design and nothing ever seemed to get anywhere. Took very long to respond and when he did it was always a delay. His work seems beautiful to say the least but after about the Eleven-teenth delay we decided to cancel the order. He was supposed to be issuing a refund and have never heard back. He still has a Facebook page but no website anymore.
Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dominick

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
you can write it off as a loss on your income tax.
and also if everyone sent a letter with details of your transaction, and a phone call or two to the local police and district attorney where he is then they would have more than enough to go on for an indictment for theft or fraud. and a judge may award compensation to those that applied.

or he may come around and refund rather than face criminal penalties.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
you can write it off as a loss on your income tax.
and also if everyone sent a letter with details of your transaction, and a phone call or two to the local police and district attorney where he is then they would have more than enough to go on for an indictment for theft or fraud. and a judge may award compensation to those that applied.

or he may come around and refund rather than face criminal penalties.

Id be careful with that.....they might arrest you for soliciting a prostitute - you paid $400 and got f*<%#@
Jason

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Why people that get screwed by a cuemaker don't have them arrested is beyond me. Too many lawyers to handle it your self anymore. If two or more the ones he screwed got together, I believe he could be looking at a felony. Johnnyt

Jailfood

Registered
Post removed because he is not worth my time or drama with other members anymore.

Last edited:

timothysoong

TS Billiards
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've never owned any of his cues, but I've heard a lot of stories of him holding onto deposits without delivering.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
You're actually lucky to only be stuck for $400.
The values have dropped so far that a $4000 Zinzola cue isn't worth even half that amount.
The workmanship was so poor on some of them that I wouldn't buy one for any price, not to mention the karma thing and all.

I was lucky early on to see a cuemaker repairing a brand new one.
The prices had dropped long before he went AWOL, so it's surprising that so many people ordered those things.

Beware of cuemakers created by the internet

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Ask for your money back. He has caused too many problems with people looking to claim cues that they have put deposits on.

In my opinion, he's lazy and unscrupulous in his practices.

10/10 would never involve Tony Z in any transaction over $5. Even if he prepays for it.

Tony, do you hear the people now? Pay up. You're not that busy.

Aren't you the guy working with him? You're absolutely right, he should be making amends and paying people back.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Has anybody thought about gathering names and stories and contacting his local district attorney? Seems to me what he is doing is showing a pattern of criminal fraud. These are not trifling amounts.

Hollismason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You actually wouldn't have to start by contacting his local district attorney you could be contact yours. They have jurisdiction because you are one of the parties since it seems this is over the internet. It'll also be easier for you so you don't have to contact his district attorney. It's just all around easier. Like yea you could call his District Attorney , but you can just go to your police department and district attorney office to get the ball rolling. Eventually though it'd prob end up with his DA.

Last edited:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Has anybody thought about gathering names and stories and contacting his local district attorney? Seems to me what he is doing is showing a pattern of criminal fraud. These are not trifling amounts.

I agree. Johnnyt

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have mentioned this before but once more can't hurt. If my memory is right he also did some bad business with Tikkler. As I assume he has some deep pockets and recall he was going after Tony it may be worth reaching out to him privately to see if he ever made any headway with his issues. He may or may not be able to share any info but if you don't ask you'll never know. The other option is to go after him as a group. You'll need lots of documentation and filings which will have to be done within time parameters. But it is possible he may be in the felony area dollar wise. I know I'd do whatever I could legally to get my money back... Good luck to all!

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house&#129304;&#127995;
Silver Member
I have mentioned this before but once more can't hurt. If my memory is right he also did some bad business with Tikkler. As I assume he has some deep pockets and recall he was going after Tony it may be worth reaching out to him privately to see if he ever made any headway with his issues. He may or may not be able to share any info but if you don't ask you'll never know. The other option is to go after him as a group. You'll need lots of documentation and filings which will have to be done within time parameters. But it is possible he may be in the felony area dollar wise. I know I'd do whatever I could legally to get my money back... Good luck to all!

He messed with some people with huge pockets and even bigger grudges. I can promise this a select few people will have there day in "court" with him. It takes a big man to admit when he has done wrong and sometimes it takes a bigger man to make you admit.

Billiardbills

Billiard Bill
Silver Member
Does anyone have info on Tony Zinzola (Zinzola Custom Cues)? Long story short I gave him a $400 deposit to start on a $4k+ custom cue. We went back and forth a couple times on cue design and nothing ever seemed to get anywhere. Took very long to respond and when he did it was always a delay. His work seems beautiful to say the least but after about the Eleven-teenth delay we decided to cancel the order. He was supposed to be issuing a refund and have never heard back. He still has a Facebook page but no website anymore.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dominick

How long ago did this happen?

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I bought a cue from TZ at the time when he was first starting to go sideways.

The cue he sent me looked as if his small children did the inlay work. The quality was so bad, there were actually inlays running into other inlays, and they were horribly mis-shaped.

I contacted him and as he began launching into a story about how he needs some time for money to come in to make it right, I cut him short and told him that he needed to take care of this now, full refund, nothing else will do. I made it clear that I was within striking distance, both figuratively and could also be literally. He refunded me and tbh, I feel lucky about it after hearing all of the subsequent horror stories.

All who got burned by this guy should get in touch with the authorities, imo.

best,
brian kc

Qpolice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a cue from TZ at the time when he was first starting to go sideways.

The cue he sent me looked as if his small children did the inlay work. The quality was so bad, there were actually inlays running into other inlays, and they were horribly mis-shaped.

I contacted him and as he began launching into a story about how he needs some time for money to come in to make it right, I cut him short and told him that he needed to take care of this now, full refund, nothing else will do. I made it clear that I was within striking distance, both figuratively and could also be literally. He refunded me and tbh, I feel lucky about it after hearing all of the subsequent horror stories.

All who got burned by this guy should get in touch with the authorities, imo.

best,
brian kc

you are so lucky,sir,i ordered a cue from him,at 2009,and i send all the money,more than $3k,now i still got nothing,no cue,no money back,he even donot reply my email few year ago,so sad.btw,i donot live in the us,have no way to get my money back,i think.

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
you are so lucky,sir,i ordered a cue from him,at 2009,and i send all the money,more than $3k,now i still got nothing,no cue,no money back,he even donot reply my email few year ago,so sad.btw,i donot live in the us,have no way to get my money back,i think.
you are not alone, I live in Europe, still he owe me $$$
I still have McDaniel Cues for you;)

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I cannot imagine how aggravating this would be for anyone.......I feel fortunate.
I've ordered 6 customs and I never once gave it a second thought the cue-maker
would turn into a butthole and crook to boot. I mean who ever figures that this
would take place with their cue or cue-maker. It's something you never think about
after you place your order. Sure, you're always curious about the finish date but not
that the guy you selected & trusted to build your cue would morph into a slimeball.

For the rest of his life Tony Zinzola will be known as a "royal scumbag".