World Cup of Pool Predictions

Solomon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With the start of World Cup of Pool (WCoP) only a week away and being that WCoP teams have been announced. What teams do you predict will make it to the semi-final, final, and win the event?

Europe (17)
Austria - Albin Ouschan & Mario He
Croatia - Ivica Putnik & Karlo Dalmatin
Czech Republic - Roman Hybler & Michal Gavenciak
England A – Darren Appleton & Karl Boyes
England B - Daryl Peach & Chris Melling
Finland – Mika Immonen & Petri Makkonen
France - Stephan Cohen & Alex Montpelier
Germany – Ralf Souquet & Thorsten Hohmann
Greece - Nikos Ekonomopoulos & Alexander Kazakis
Holland – Niels Feijen & Nick van den Berg
Italy - Fabio Petroni & Daniele Corrieri
Poland – Karol Skowerski & Mateusz Sniegocki
Portugal - Manuel Gama & Guilherme Sousa
Russia - Konstantin Stepanov & Ruslan Chinakhov
Spain - David Alcaide & Francisco Diaz-Pizarro
Sweden - Andreas Gerwen & Tomas Larsson
Switzerland - Dimitri Jungo & Ronni Regli

Rest of World (5)
Australia - Phil Reilly & James Georgiadis
Canada – Alex Pagulayan & John Morra
Chile - Alejandro Carvajal & Enrique Rojas
Qatar – Waleed Majid & Bashar Hussain
USA – Shane Van Boening & Earl Strickland

Asia (10)
China - Wang Can & Dang Jinhu
Chinese Taipei – Chang Yu-lung & Hsu Kai Lun
India – Raj Hundal & Amar Kang
Indonesia – Irsal Nasution & Muhammad Zulfikri
Japan – Hayato Hijikata & Masaaki Tanaka
Korea – Jeong Yung Hwa & Ha Minuk
Malaysia - Ibrahim Amir & Alan Tan
Philippines – Dennis Orcollo & Lee Vann Corteza
Thailand – Nitiwat Kanjanasri & Tanut Makkamontee
Vietnam - Nguyen Phuc Long & Dang Thanh Kien

I pick Germany, Holland, USA, and Philippines to go to the semi-final with USA and Philippines going on to the final. Ultimately, I think USA can pull off the win (Earl, please stay focused:thumbup2:).

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
I like England A, Philippines, Canada, and Germany for the semis, with Phillipines vs. England A in the final, and England A coming out on top.
(Pulling for Team Canada though!)

Solomon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like England A, Philippines, Canada, and Germany for the semis, with Phillipines vs. England A in the final, and England A coming out on top.
(Pulling for Team Canada though!)
Sorry, but Earl already said that England A is going to be "Victim Number One".

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
William Hill is offering odds for this tournament, unfortunately my ip address shows I'm from the US and they're blocking me...

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Too bad this event is not promoted. This is the type of event that would make non-hardcore players watch pool on TV you actually have a country team to root for. Bonus Ball could have done a similar thing if they picked an existing pool game to play instead of going with a new one. 8-ball team matches between states, that's the way to get people interested.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will this be streamed?

Would love to see Team USA do well, but I worry about Earl's ability to stay focused.

I think Orcollo and Corteza have to be the favorites again. However, there are so many talented players in this field that many teams could win it all.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I think it will come down to the Philippines, Germany, England A and Chinese Taipei.

I'll pick Chinese Taipei to win it.

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
William Hill is offering odds for this tournament, unfortunately my ip address shows I'm from the US and they're blocking me...

It won't if you buy this service.
Try this: HideMyAss.com‎

Holland is a sleeper, they did well last year !

Last edited:

shaggybahama

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wcop

If SVB is playing then my wish, hope and belief is that he will be in the finals. So I would like to see China vs USA in the finals , Final 4, USA ,China, England A and the Philippines

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Earl is going to dog a shot, stomp back to his cue case, pull out a pocket knife, pop the ferrule off his cue and sharpen the tip to a point, holler some kind of vindictive statement about too many pockets, and spear someone thru the heart from across the room with his cue. At which point it will become very clear from the lack of blood, that the euro team A is stacked with robots.

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
I think it will come down to the Philippines, Germany, England A and Chinese Taipei.

I'll pick Chinese Taipei to win it.

Good pick, but I wish they had sent the Ko brothers. I would love to see that!

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl is going to dog a shot, stomp back to his cue case, pull out a pocket knife, pop the ferrule off his cue and sharpen the tip to a point, holler some kind of vindictive statement about too many pockets, and spear someone thru the heart from across the room with his cue. At which point it will become very clear from the lack of blood, that the euro team A is stacked with robots.

Now THAT'S a prediction!

BeachBum2012

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like your picks of Germany, Holland, USA, and Philippines but will guess that its Germany and the Philippines in the finals.

I'd love to see Shane go all the way, but I'm not so sure Earl can keep his cool long enough.