Davis Cue Blank: how would you design it?

Dustry

Banned
full splice, forearm appears to be on fire, appx 14 3/4oz raw, 31 1/2 +/- length.
butt is composed of sapale and cocobolo, reverse titlist veneers, how would you design it?

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 647
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 645
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 641

capnp72

Registered
I'm not a cuemaker but I'll provide my input since no else has. I apologize if anyone thinks it's inappropriate for me to do so.
For this cue, I would put 4 veneered cocobolo windows in the butt, brown or cognac wrap and ringwork at A, B, D, E. The ringwork would depend on the cuemaker that builds the cue. For the buttcap, I would use brown linen or black if the cuemaker of choice doesn't use brown.
Good luck with your build and hopefully, some others will reply.

LGSM3

Jake<built cues for fun
Silver Member
Hold on a few hours and I'll give u an idea

Jake<snowed in and playn with qs

nineballsafety8

6ft 5" 285, hits 'em hard
Silver Member
Hoppe ring, white joint collar, a pin, some finish, 2 shafts and a huge smile on my face!!!
No more, no less

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bumperless Hoppe Gus style, ivory over SS piloted joint, Cortland wrap, Szam. rings at the joint collars.....classic old school

Dustry

Banned
the input has given a few ideas.
szam barbells and box veneers and maybe a touch of color stain in the finish and 1 or 2 rings.
i've sent a note to tim prince, awaiting his reply now.
the davis blank seems one of the best built i've ever held, i want to make sure to get it right.

K Knight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice. I'm working with Tim on a cue right now. It's coming along nicely and I can't wait to see it. it's gotta be within a couple months now. Stick to wrapless. don't cover up all that nice wood. And if it's wrapless skip the ringwork in the handle, just above the hoppe and on either side of the joint. That's how I like it.

Dustry

Banned
dots and diamonds or jokers and dice

I thinking barbells for sure, and... I'm thinking "Gambler"
if you have any suggestions or input, please post.