Predator gloves

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In case anyone is interested the new predator glove is finally for sale on Seyberts. Get them while they are hot lol

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In case anyone is interested the new predator glove is finally for sale on Seyberts. Get them while they are hot lol

Seen it. For 25 bucks, I'll pass.
I think I paid 10 bucks for my current Predator glove.
It's ok, but I thought 10 was too much, considering i had to repair it after two weeks of play. Predator only paid 2 bucks apiece for these made in China gloves. 25 is out of line.

Last edited:

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I already got mine. One of each. For me, the fit was perfect, as was the design. Now the real test is to see how long they last. My "new model" Kamui lasted less than a month when the palm area started developing holes from resting my hand on the table with an open bridge.
The Predator Second Skins have a leather pad in this area.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seen it. For 25 bucks, I'll pass.
I think I paid 10 bucks for my current Predator glove.
It's ok, but I thought 10 was too much, considering i had to repair it after two weeks of play. Predator only paid 2 bucks apiece for these made in China gloves. 25 is out of line.

Honestly that’s the going price for these type of gloves. Kamui are actually the most expensive..they get over $30 I think and you can never find them. It seems every one is making the same glove. I got my brother in law a McDermott glove and it seems the same as my molinari and it cost $25

the original predator gloves were good at first but I think they changed whatever Chinese company was making them lol because they went from lasting me 6 months to 2 months.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Honestly that’s the going price for these type of gloves. Kamui are actually the most expensive..they get over $30 I think and you can never find them. It seems every one is making the same glove. I got my brother in law a McDermott glove and it seems the same as my molinari and it cost $25

the original predator gloves were good at first but I think they changed whatever Chinese company was making them lol because they went from lasting me 6 months to 2 months.

I get it. There is one that's more then the Kamui. Called On Cyborg? Never heard of them before. We all know it's nothing but profiteering. 1500 PERCENT OR MORE! THERE comes a point where we have to say enough is enough and not buy this over priced stuff. We all know there were made in China for 2 bucks apiece. I have the original Predator glove and it's ok. Even at the time I bought it I thought it was overpriced but got it because of the reviews. Not this time. 25 or 30 is too much for a stupid billiard glove.

I came to that point when I was using Tiger tip. I really used to like the Onyx. When I first started using them, they were 10 bucks. Then they went to the MAP pricing. Then I had to pay 21. That was the last time I bought a Tiger product.

Actually I'm glad it happened. I went to a Moori hard. Best tip I have ever used.

Point is fellas, you know by the pain in your butthole that they are sticking it to you. You either bend over and like it, or you chop em off! I won't take it. I'll find another product.

Don't take my rant personally. If you like the glove and are willing to pay the price, that's fine. I am not.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m with you honestly ... I tried a kamui tip on one cue. I think it was $60 to have it put on and It didn’t feel any better then playing ultra skins. In fact it was worse .. it turned hard as a rock over time. Never again.

I get it. There is one that's more then the Kamui. Called On Cyborg? Never heard of them before. We all know it's nothing but profiteering. 1500 PERCENT OR MORE! THERE comes a point where we have to say enough is enough and not buy this over priced stuff. We all know there were made in China for 2 bucks apiece. I have the original Predator glove and it's ok. Even at the time I bought it I thought it was overpriced but got it because of the reviews. Not this time. 25 or 30 is too much for a stupid billiard glove.

I came to that point when I was using Tiger tip. I really used to like the Onyx. When I first started using them, they were 10 bucks. Then they went to the MAP pricing. Then I had to pay 21. That was the last time I bought a Tiger product.

Actually I'm glad it happened. I went to a Moori hard. Best tip I have ever used.

Point is fellas, you know by the pain in your butthole that they are sticking it to you. You either bend over and like it, or you chop em off! I won't take it. I'll find another product.

Don't take my rant personally. If you like the glove and are willing to pay the price, that's fine. I am not.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m with you honestly ... I tried a kamui tip on one cue. I think it was $60 to have it put on and It didn’t feel any better then playing ultra skins. In fact it was worse .. it turned hard as a rock over time. Never again.

What are you using on your Revo now?

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I have been using Cyborg for about a month. I love it. I really do.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been using Cyborg for about a month. I love it. I really do.

They are probably a good glove. But when you stand back and think about it,
is it really worth 30 or 35 dollars?
Hell, you can get a leather baseball mitt for that much,
albeit maybe not a great one.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are probably a good glove. But when you stand back and think about it,
is it really worth 30 or 35 dollars?
Hell, you can get a leather baseball mitt for that much,
albeit maybe not a great one.

Probably not. :) But it is better constructed than my 4 previous gloves. I have no idea if it will hold up playing 4 or 5 times a week. We'll see.

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look for PNS gloves off ebay and maybe Amazon, from what I can tell, same glove as the Molinari and the other higher end gloves. My son has a cheap PNS one and a Molinari, if you don't look at the logo, can't tell them apart. The new Predator seems to be the same type of design as those.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably not. :) But it is better constructed than my 4 previous gloves. I have no idea if it will hold up playing 4 or 5 times a week. We'll see.

Cool. Let us know how it wears. I wasn't thrilled about my original Predator glove when the stitching came loose. And wasn't thrilled about the bright arse yellow....that turned green when mixed with blue chalk!
At least Predator got rid of that yellow!

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look for PNS gloves off ebay and maybe Amazon, from what I can tell, same glove as the Molinari and the other higher end gloves. My son has a cheap PNS one and a Molinari, if you don't look at the logo, can't tell them apart. The new Predator seems to be the same type of design as those.

Thanks. I will look into those.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cool. Let us know how it wears. I wasn't thrilled about my original Predator glove when the stitching came loose. And wasn't thrilled about the bright arse yellow....that turned green when mixed with blue chalk!
At least Predator got rid of that yellow!

I think that was the first one I ever tried. The rubber stuff on the Predator started coming off of mine after a week of use. I will give everyone a update. So far I am pretty happy with it. Other than it feels better if I take my watch off to shoot. My Molinari I didn't have to do that.

CGM

It'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Silver Member

I picked up one of these a two weeks ago. It fits very tight and developed a hole after one week of limited use. Experiences may vary but mine was not well made.

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
^ I'm still on my first PNS glove and have several months of play on it. Sure it shows some wear but it sure should with the hours on it. I ordered a bunch more already as I like them better than Molinaris that I used to use before these :rolleyes: For the price I can live with the occasional bad one among them. So far I've been more than happy with the gloves though :)

The predator glove looks nice apart from the hefty price tag for a glove. If it is durable and comfortable though it may well be worth it :smile:

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
Well they hooked me ... ordered one from Seyberts today. Used red/black Poison glove for quite some time ($8) and needed to buy a new one. So if I'm disappointed I would have blown $17. I'll post whether IMHO there is value to the glove or if I have more money than brains. ;)

july9x

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got one today, they look good, and seems like they are constructed well (by looking in the pictures lol) so I'll give it a shot.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Man .. what are you guys doing to these gloves lol The last few years i’ve used molinari and kumai. I play every day and they last me at least 6 months or more. I like the kumai the best but at about $35 they are a little salty for me.