What are a few of the best pool ball sets in the $100 to $200 price range?

cuetechasaurus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking to purchase a new set, but I'm not sure which are worth the money in this price range. I'm used to playing with the more expensive sets like Aramith Super or Brunswick Centennial from the pool hall but need my own.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Looking to purchase a new set, but I'm not sure which are worth the money in this price range. I'm used to playing with the more expensive sets like Aramith Super or Brunswick Centennial from the pool hall but need my own.

A used set of centennials or aramith supers.....maybe find one missing the one and the cueball for a super deal cheap cheap and buy them separate since they are heavy wear items lol.

In your range they can both be had in good condition without any obvious deterring surface gaffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
A used set of centennials or aramith supers.....maybe find one missing the one and the cueball for a super deal cheap cheap and buy them separate since they are heavy wear items lol.

In your range they can both be had in good condition without any obvious deterring surface gaffs

c4fbd2de3db15de5e0dcb5bacced2535.jpg
9569b677036c6f30b04995e1655795c2.jpg
80239f5eac59eee743363b271ff9c0b1.jpg
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180319/d7d76b7af53b788bc8fbe7c7cfaccf0f.jpg[

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From what I've heard about them, I would NOT consider a set of Cyclop's for $175 (Seyberts). If you can go a little higher, I'd recommend Aramith Super Pro's for $250 (Seyberts). If you can't afford that, as another poster stated, I'd look on Ebay for an excellent condition used set of Centennials or Aramith's. Problem is, the seller's opinion of excellent condition and your opinion may differ, and you just won't know exactly how good a shape they are until you have them.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From what I've heard about them, I would NOT consider a set of Cyclop's for $175 (Seyberts). If you can go a little higher, I'd recommend Aramith Super Pro's for $250 (Seyberts). If you can't afford that, as another poster stated, I'd look on Ebay for an excellent condition used set of Centennials or Aramith's. Problem is, the seller's opinion of excellent condition and your opinion may differ, and you just won't know exactly how good a shape they are until you have them.

If you get Cyclop balls and replace the cueball they are fine. Really the biggest issue I see with the Cyclop set (aside from the colors which some may not like in their skittles set), is the cueball. They tried to get all different and fancy with it, and no-one uses it.

The Aramith Premium set is also very good http://www.aramithpoolballs.com/bbpm.html

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Buy once. Cry once. Buy new. Save and buy the balls you really like and want. They’ll last a lifetime if you take care of them.

Johnson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd look on Ebay for an excellent condition used set of Centennials or Aramith's. Problem is, the seller's opinion of excellent condition and your opinion may differ, and you just won't know exactly how good a shape they are until you have them.

On Ebay you need to ask a few questions to determine the condition and if any item you purchase doesn't match the description it's INAD and you open a return stating why the item is not as described and the seller sends you a free shipping label and pays for the shipping both ways and you get a FULL refund. The only way for a seller to fight an INAD is to take a seller unresolved (98% of sellers don't even know this because returns are altered every quarter) which are the worst thing for an Ebay account and if you get more than a few your account will be terminated along with any others.

Last edited:

JC

Coos Cues
I had some super aramith pros and a couple sets of centennials. Bought them all new. Spent half my life cleaning them. Damned things just won't stay clean. Cleaned them one final time and sold them all.

Cyclop balls are way better. Don't know the science behind why but they just are. Maybe hard times are real in Belgium and they had to cut corners. I use the cue balls too. I'm just a 590 fargo so what do I know but they play just fine.

Have three sets of them I rotate in. Regular, TV and Skittles.

JC

fiftyyardline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a set of Centennials, a set of Aramith Tournament balls, and a set of the normal color Cyclops balls. I use the Cyclops balls the most because they stay so clean. It really is phenomenal how much better they wear than the other sets. I have a 12 yr old Diamond Pro table with the black dyed leather pockets that will leave a lot of black smudges on the balls - but very rarely does a Cyclop balls ever show a mark. Like previous posters - maybe I am just not good enough - but to me the Cyclops play great including the new Cyclop cueball with the single large red spot. Cost on Seybert’s- $199 for the traditional colors including the new and improved cueball.

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If you can get new cyclop balls for $175 jump on it. In my opinion they're every bit as good as centennials (actually I prefer the cyclop, but just because I like the skittle colours. Playability-wise they are equivalent). I've had mine for several years now, probably 10,000 racks or so, and have nothing negative to say about them. I've even kept using the milky cueball that they came with. Any problem that people have with them is all mental.

I love aramith balls, but for the price they don't stack up anymore.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buy once. Cry once. Buy new. Save and buy the balls you really like and want. They’ll last a lifetime if you take care of them.

Agreed. And spend the extra 25$ and buy from a reputable dealer.

Fleabay is rife with counterfeit items.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was the champ:) and I really like the cyclop set I have too.

I have a set of Centennials, a set of Aramith Tournament balls, and a set of the normal color Cyclops balls. I use the Cyclops balls the most because they stay so clean. It really is phenomenal how much better they wear than the other sets. I have a 12 yr old Diamond Pro table with the black dyed leather pockets that will leave a lot of black smudges on the balls - but very rarely does a Cyclop balls ever show a mark. Like previous posters - maybe I am just not good enough - but to me the Cyclops play great including the new Cyclop cueball with the single large red spot. Cost on Seybert’s- $199 for the traditional colors including the new and improved cueball.

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I agree with all this. I have cyclops with new single dot ball and I think they play great, cue ball and all. They stay much cleaner than my old Super Pro aramith. I am sold on these balls.

Ian

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cyclop standards are $175 at Seyberts.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you can get new cyclop balls for $175 jump on it. In my opinion they're every bit as good as centennials (actually I prefer the cyclop, but just because I like the skittle colours. Playability-wise they are equivalent). I've had mine for several years now, probably 10,000 racks or so, and have nothing negative to say about them. I've even kept using the milky cueball that they came with. Any problem that people have with them is all mental.

I love aramith balls, but for the price they don't stack up anymore.

Considering that a very famous player said that "90% of pool is mental and the rest is in your head", having any issues with the cueball is one issue too many.

Crash

Pool Hall Owner
Silver Member
Get Aramith as Cyclop tend to crack in a commercial environment. I own a 14 table pool hall with Cyclops provided by Diamond. Seven of the 1-Balls and one 2-Ball developed cracks and a chip came off of one of those. I’ve been waiting 3 months for replacements. On a positive note they still look new after 3 1/2 years ... except for the cracks.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Spend a little more a get the Aramith Super Pro set, currently $262 at Seyberts, is what I would recommend. If you can't afford those, just get the Aramith Premier set for $145, and maybe get a Aramith Pro Cup cue ball for another $36, to use with them.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Centennials !

The all time classics.. I have a vintage set and some new ones on my table.

Get you a red circle cue ball with them, done:thumbup: