Cues and gifts stolen in Wichita

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Damn. So sorry Steve. I would have liked to see California John's cue, sounds special. Hope you recover them.

Happy New Year (if possible).

Dave

stevelomako

Cash. I uses cash beech.
Silver Member
Just got home to Wichita, where about in town did it happen, and do you have some pictures, I frequent the pawn shops here, I can keep my eyes out.

(edit) Just linked this to Wichita FB Groups.

My son lives at Maize and 21st Street.

I know Sidepockets is about 4-5 miles from him.

Thanks

stevelomako

Cash. I uses cash beech.
Silver Member
Yea my bad - I didn't mean to imply it happened there - only to provide a reference to the pawn shops in the area. I've played at Sidepockets for many years and know both the original owners and the new ones. It's a great place to hang, eat and play. Knowing the area where this happened (as mentioned earlier) would help.

I've heard nothing but nice things about the pool room. I was looking forward to checking it out.

Back home as of 30 minutes ago so it'll have to wait till next time.

Thanks

stevelomako

Cash. I uses cash beech.
Silver Member
Steve lives in Detroit, MI.

Hi Will,

Used to live in Detroit. Now in Florida.

Missed talking to you the last few years at DCC. I think it was a 4-5 hour marathon talk we had about working 14 hour days with no end in site and about our kids along with a little pool talk.

We left ahead of time and I just got in and wiped out from the drive. I still look for your first cue because I know how much you'd like to find it and buy it back. Unless you have already?

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
That is terrible news. Thieves are everywhere it seems. Pics on the cues?

JoeyA

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Hi Will,

Used to live in Detroit. Now in Florida.

Missed talking to you the last few years at DCC. I think it was a 4-5 hour marathon talk we had about working 14 hour days with no end in site and about our kids along with a little pool talk.

We left ahead of time and I just got in and wiped out from the drive. I still look for your first cue because I know how much you'd like to find it and buy it back. Unless you have already?

Hi Steve,

Whew, it's a long round trip from Wichita to Florida!
I hope the remaining portion of your holiday is fun, and that you are fully
rewarded soon with the return of your things.

Will

As a footnote, still lookin' for that cue!

Thanks Scott -what a Fn drag!-Joe is such a good guy too. Im pretty sure idda left the pool world and found another way to make a living after that!

Joe is a really nice guy, and maybe the very best cue repair person in the country. Sad to hear about what happened to his cues and cue equipment.

Sorry to the OP too. That is really horrible (that you lost your cues, money, and presents). I heard that Wichita is a pretty crime ridden place, and now I understand why. Was really considering trying to relocate there (because of the great pool scene that it has), but maybe it is a good thing that I did not.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I do not want to distract from your frustration and anger which is totally understandable.

Allow me to offer a simple observation that might make you appreciate the situation differently.

You are out property, money and any sentimental attachment but you can still feel those emotions.
That means you are still alive and so is your wife and children and grandchidren....everyone is fine.

The Holidays are a terrible time for suicides, thefts, and horrible on the road traffic accidents.
You had a terrible experience but take a moment to think about how much worse a fate it could
have been. Everyone traveled safely....returned home and presents can be replaced....cues too.

Even my cues are only property and although I am attached to them, family overshadows pretty
much everything in life and you still have yours in tact and safe. There were, and will continue to be,
lots of Holiday travelers that suffer a far worse experience that became a life altering experience.

I really do feel bad for you and your family. It was a terrible thing to have happen. But you're still
around to gripe about it and so is your family.. Bad things happen but it could have been horrible.
Just to add( and sorry about the theft) I got robbed at gunpoint years ago. Fortunately I walked away. Some get robbed/killed or catch a crook during a burglary and killed. Whatever can be replaced is a great deal. Our pride gets hurt from being violated but we live to buy again. We will always be constructive upbeat people. The pieces of shit out there will always be POS.

Last edited:

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member
Several years ago at the Rivera Longoni cues had a booth for several years...I was looking and interested in a particular Longoni and said I'd think about it and come back later....The next day I decided I would buy the cue and went back to Longoni booth only to find out their whole trailer of cues were stolen...Over $60,000 worth they said...

The next day Fury cues had a booth upstairs.....Someone broke in and stole their computers as well as some cues......

The thieves were on the loose that year....Longoni or Fury never recovered anything back...At least for a few years Logoni kept coming back but then stopped coming..

TR_Frank

Registered
The Facebook post I sent says 1-99 and is signed by him. If you want help with Facebook marketplace shoot me a pm and I'll give you my cell. I can buy it and ship to you if you PayPal back the money.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't see the whole stick or at least the butt. John signed his name and put the year between the points.

I don't even know where to begin to check it out on Facebook.

Thank you very much for your time and message.

The location of this cue is only about 15-20 minutes from me. I'd be happy to go check it out for you and if you can POSITIVELY say it's yours I will take it and make sure it gets home where it belongs. Let me know bro.

drlouis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
here's the pic from the sale ad, hope it helps

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    188 KB · Views: 271
  • Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:

stevelomako

Cash. I uses cash beech.
Silver Member
Guys,
I appreciate the time you took to try and help me out, more than you could ever know.

I wish it was my cue but it's not.

Mine was signed "John McCue 2001".

I don't know what they're asking but even if it was cheap I don't think I could get it at this time.

We did go back to the kids this past Christmas and I went to Sidepockets and a couple of pawn shops but no luck. As I was driving around looking that sick feeling of being heisted and violated came back.

I appreciate it a whole lot fellas, thanks a million.