Sorting my cues, swapping things out

mikej2

Registered
Hello,

I’m thinking of getting back into playing, been over ten years since I’ve done much with billiards. I used to frequent Romines south of Milwaukee Wisconsin and used to be marginally active on a couple pool/billiards discussion forums.

Anyway, I’ve been thinking of sorting out the cues I’ve accumulated over the years, selling the higher end one and then dusting off the ones I’m keeping.

One I’ve got and will probably keep is a Huebler that I like. I don’t recall the model, and the email I got back from the company when I asked about it is buried or lost in an old email acciunt.

The cue I’m thinking of selling is a J.Pechauer P42 with two shafts. I have no idea what it might be worth these days and am wondering where to find a fair market value for it.

I’ve got a few others that I’ve picked up at yard sales, one pair was from an active player who gave up playing (and drinking), I believe one was his break cue and the other his playing cue. No idea what brand and model they are, no plans to sell them, but would like to figure out what they are.

Any other cues I have are just generic ones that I loan out or don’t worry about.

I know pics would help a lot so I’ll pull them out of wherever they are currently stored at (sometimes my wife moves things and sometimes I don’t know where they went hiding).

Anyway, hello, and hopefully I’ll be able to contribute to this site somehow.

Mike in Wisconsin

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello,

I’m thinking of getting back into playing, been over ten years since I’ve done much with billiards. I used to frequent Romines south of Milwaukee Wisconsin and used to be marginally active on a couple pool/billiards discussion forums.

Anyway, I’ve been thinking of sorting out the cues I’ve accumulated over the years, selling the higher end one and then dusting off the ones I’m keeping.

One I’ve got and will probably keep is a Huebler that I like. I don’t recall the model, and the email I got back from the company when I asked about it is buried or lost in an old email acciunt.

The cue I’m thinking of selling is a J.Pechauer P42 with two shafts. I have no idea what it might be worth these days and am wondering where to find a fair market value for it.

I’ve got a few others that I’ve picked up at yard sales, one pair was from an active player who gave up playing (and drinking), I believe one was his break cue and the other his playing cue. No idea what brand and model they are, no plans to sell them, but would like to figure out what they are.

Any other cues I have are just generic ones that I loan out or don’t worry about.

I know pics would help a lot so I’ll pull them out of wherever they are currently stored at (sometimes my wife moves things and sometimes I don’t know where they went hiding).

Anyway, hello, and hopefully I’ll be able to contribute to this site somehow.

Mike in Wisconsin

The P42 was $2,000 in their catalog 95-97, what it would sell for now is a guess. Just going by what it "should" be for the maker, the high end model, it would be about $1,000. For what someone may actually pay for it, could be 500, could be 800, could be 1,000.

mikej2

Registered
Thanks, that’s kind of where I was thinking. I might run it up to GreenBay and have them give it a look and double check the shafts as well. I recall that the shafts had a very slight bow to them, never affected me and wasn’t noticible to the billiards club owner out in Madison that I took a lesson from before his new billiards hall closed after a short run.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What most people do when they have unknown cues it take pictures and start a thread on this forum asking for a cue ID.

There are some very knowledgeable people on this forum when it comes to identifying cues.

mikej2

Registered
I got a short tour of the Schon facility one day, got to see a couple prototypes and got a short lesson on what makes up a cue. Was shown a couple cues that were not for sale, very interesting stuff.

mikej2

Registered
I’ll try to link some pics of my Huebler here, then if it works I will post single threads on the others. I had emailed the Huebler people years ago and they told me which model mine is, but that email account is long gone (email server mergers and such). Anyway, I have no plans to ever sell this one, Ijust enjoyed playing with it.

(Imagelinked photos deleted until I can find an iphone app to resize them)

Last edited:

mikej2

Registered
My Huebler cue, I forget what model it is. Nice and clean with no wraps.

eYD5cO2.jpg

6zr4lH7.jpg

lRLqXTw.jpg

nQyyh7r.jpg

DUic8Bu.jpg

L3g2ZIY.jpg