Is my Meucci real?

Kingpin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just purchased a Meucci Hustler or sneaky pete off of Ebay. The guy was great to deal with. He said it was an original Meucci and it was listed as such. The cue looks near new so now I find myself questioning its authenticity. Are there any markings or parts on the cue that could certify it as being the real deal? Thanks for the help.

Kingpin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
couple of pics if that helps.

Attachments

• Hustler2b.jpg
    Hustler2b.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 645
  • Hustlerb.jpg
    Hustlerb.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 719

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
I'm no expert on Meucci cues but it appears to be a standard, stackable 3 oz bolt that Meucci uses. Good luck.

Kingpin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Truth be told, I was thinking the same thing. It is what it is I guess. The one I owned before was purpleheart with a bigger bolt at the bottom. The one I have now is also close to new so Im still skeptical. I was able to send pictures to Scott Erwin and he thought it may be an olive branch era hustler. Can a person purchase the old ferrules still? If so, There really is no way to differentiate fact from fiction. IMHO.
Unless someone has owned the cue since new. We are all only guessing.

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
The pin and insert look right to me...I never owned one, but I saw a TON of them in the 1980s. Hopefully an AZBer on here actually has one and can verify. About the only Meucci I'd actually consider owning, the SP was a decent cue. What's the ferrule on this one look like?

Last edited:

david(tx)

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Truth be told, I was thinking the same thing. It is what it is I guess. The one I owned before was purpleheart with a bigger bolt at the bottom. The one I have now is also close to new so Im still skeptical. I was able to send pictures to Scott Erwin and he thought it may be an olive branch era hustler. Can a person purchase the old ferrules still? If so, There really is no way to differentiate fact from fiction. IMHO.
Unless someone has owned the cue since new. We are all only guessing.

Newer have butt caps/plates and a black band around butt near joint. Think they started with butt caps about 10 yrs ago.

http://www.budgetcues.com/images/meucci/meucci-pool-cue-m-1b-l.jpg

like this.

Last edited:

Kingpin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, I have seen those and although they are easier to identify, they aren't true sneaky petes to me. No bands, no veneers, no butt plates. That's a true hustler. ;)

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
If you ain't got game, no cue will help you.
If you've got game, the cue don't matter.
IOWs, you won't fool anyone. Get real.

KJ

Kingpin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I collect cues. I had one when I was a kid and I was trying to find an original hustler and not a knock off. Thanks for taking up 5 minutes of my day.

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
You're very welcome and I hope that you find that 'original hustler' you're looking for.

KJ

Kingpin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really? 1 min to read, 15 seconds to cut some lumber, 15 seconds to nail on the lumber, 20 seconds to sip some coffee and a couple to move my sack. Finally, it took me 3 minutes to realize that yes, their are deffinately people that post for no reason. Your question was valid so I felt an honest answer was deserved. I may have been a few seconds off my initial time estimate but hopefully this description holds the information that satisfy's your interest. May your days be filled with joy and happiness.