Solution for this shot

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the proper solution for this shot?

Attachments

• shot2.jpg
    shot2.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 305

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
whats proper is what you can see/ invision which only comes with experience

This is a standard position that comes up alot

thin off the yellow, 3 oclock english

Attachments

• IMG_20170828_203527.jpg
    IMG_20170828_203527.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I like thin off the left side of the yellow...with just a touch of left english.
....no traffic

HomeBrewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also like off the left side of the yellow. The last ball is far enough off the rail to provide some insurance/large scoring path.

tiger37373

3 Cushion Enthusiast
Silver Member
the long way is a huge target

shot2.jpg

I finally got around to trying this arrangement on a table tonight. My suggestion was definitely not the best one. I made it like twice in 15 tries. Some of the other routes were much easier.

Last edited:

bctf1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with pt109 and HomeBrewer, thin off the left side of the yellow. Simpler solutions are usually more likely to score and there is no possibility for a kiss.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I also like off the left side of the yellow. The last ball is far enough off the rail to provide some insurance/large scoring path.

I agree with pt109 and HomeBrewer, thin off the left side of the yellow. Simpler solutions are usually more likely to score and there is no possibility for a kiss.

Also, if the hit on the yellow is thin enough, it's going to the corner for position.

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also, if the hit on the yellow is thin enough, it's going to the corner for position.

Like the shot angle shot too but a fun shot is a hair low 3o'clock. Right hand short rail, bottom long rail, left hand short rail, then ball or long - ball.

A little kissy but I like practicing these.

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I too like the short angle as PT109 mentioned, but this is a very doable solution as well but you need to stroke it properly. Load up left spin with little or no draw to float the cueball to the long rail first as deep as you can get it in the corner. hopefully the spin will take off the 3rd rail to make the scoring ball bigger than it is.

Attachments

• solution.jpg
    solution.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I too like the short angle as PT109 mentioned, but this is a very doable solution as well but you need to stroke it properly. Load up left spin with little or no draw to float the cueball to the long rail first as deep as you can get it in the corner. hopefully the spin will take off the 3rd rail to make the scoring ball bigger than it is.
I like off left side of yellow also, the first shot I like as well. The more 3 cushion I play the more I try to substitute much spin & full hit rather than thin hits & less spin or as they say pool player shots. I like this shot although not sure if I can make billiard here every time.

Last edited:

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like off left side of yellow also, the first shot I like as well. The more 3 cushion I play the more I try to substitute much spin & full hit rather than thin hits & less spin or as they say pool player shots. I like this shot although not sure if I can make billiard here every time.

Im noticing that thin hits are usually less probable shots than full ones with Max spin. I think it's because it's more difficult to be accurate with the cb tangent line leaving the ob for thin hits. Yes, no?

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Hi Danny. I miss Don Brink! We didn't see each other that often but knowing he's gone makes me sad, can't imagine how you feel.

Try this spin shot - as long as you hit the long rail first with a lot of spin, this will make majority of the time in my opinion. The max spin will send the cue ball towards the scoring area almost every time...and with the spin off the 3rd rail that makes the scoring ball big. Try it and let me know if I'm full of hot air (which I am).

Dave

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
is this the shot most like ?
if not whats wrong with it so i can learn
thanks in advance
3c wwyd 5.jpg

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
If you hit it to where it barely catches the short rail by the corner, it'll spin to far long

From this position you can do the opposite of the shot I originally posted

Go off the yellow, catch the upper corner come around to the red

Both

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
whats proper is what you can see/ invision which only comes with experience

This is a standard position that comes up alot

thin off the yellow, 3 oclock english

If you hit it to where it barely catches the short rail by the corner, it'll spin to far long

From this position you can do the opposite of the shot I originally posted

Go off the yellow, catch the upper corner come around to the red

Both

I feel for this to be the natural, the red ball would have to be about one diamond to the left.

maldito

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How about this -- thin hit off right side of yellow with perhaps a bit of left spin to hold - hitting the top long rail then catching the right bottom corner for a short three rail shot similar to the one off the left side of the yellow no need to worry about going too long