Real or fake?

tjohnson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are these real Aramith or Chinese knockoffs? What do you think? My suspicions were raised because the box has no printing, and I don't know if I've ever seen an Aramith ball with a solid black circle around the number. I'm no expert though so was wondering what others thought.

Attachments

• $_57_1.jpg
    $_57_1.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 1,589
  • $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 1,636
Last edited:

al-capool

Imagine all the people...
Silver Member
A fake at 99%

OK the Box really has the original design of Aramith Boxes. But you should find somewhere printed in big and thick letters the name: ARAMITH! Normally above! Then your balls look like cheap copies. Because already the rings around the numbers you mentioned too, are definetely too thick and the numbers are written in a way they used to about 25-30 years ago or just like some cheap brands does it still now! Concerning the cueball I'm very confuse. Mainly why I played with the original ARAMITH Cueballs and many different brands. They first hadn't no dots or rings at all. Some years later the cueballs either had a ring or a dot. Depending on the weight of the cueball in red, blue or black! But in 32 years of pool I never played and saw a cueball with a red triangle?! Further ARAMITH do not only printing and applying always a big Sticker on one of the 4 sides of the box, with their Logo and a short description of the content on it. (like the Art.-Number, the diameter and other short Infos) Nooo you also should find inside a lttle warranty sheet or at least a even smaller one with the production Number on it!
So if you haven't got anything like the things I mentioned, I'm real sorry but these aren't the real ARAMITH Balls at 100%
If these balls are yours at home and you're not playing any bader than with other ones, who cares what brand these balls are?
Btw, Aramith balls are making a very particular deep sound, when they hitting each other! Usually the cheap ones are making a quite higher sound, because of their used material!

Last edited: