The Secret Art of POOL by Coach Lee Brett

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
"The Secret Art of POOL " - Today, 11:21 AM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

If you think you've seen it all, you haven't.

Coach Lee Brett has brought a European perspective to American pocket billiards in the form of a DVD. He already has a book out by the same name and now a new DVD.

It is filled with many new concepts and techniques used by Coach Lee Brett. I am only on my second day of reviewing his DVD and I am amazed at how much I don't know.

Coach Lee's technique for aiming straight in shots is, well, simply remarkable. That alone is worth the price of the DVD and when you use it, you will agree too. This a new concept in shooting at least from what I know about aiming and what I have read. I haven't read everything that is out there and I haven't viewed every DVD out there either but in addition to NEW INFORMATION about playing pool, Coach Lee has his own VERY UNIQUE way of communicating his thoughts and unique techniques in a manner that you can quickly assimilate in spite of his rapid fire speech rhythm which matches his rhythm in shooting balls in the hole at very fast speeds.

This is only my second day of viewing the DVD and I keep going back to the straight in shot portion and I am grasping the nuances of what he is saying more and more. I'm going to give out a portion of the secret right now (Sorry Coach Lee): Lee has defined a way to increase the contact point area on a straight in shot by a wide margin, thereby increasing and practically guaranteeing you improvement on your straight in shots. I know this is going to improve my one pocket game because one of the most critical shots in one pocket is when your opponent scratches and leaves you with ball in hand behind the line. Many times, you may find yourself wanting to shoot a straight in shot but fearing that if you miss, you will turn the table back over to your opponent and quit possibly lose the entire game or match because of missing. It does appear to me that Coach Lee has defined a way to increase that contact point from one contact point to a FEW CONTACT POINTS. He explains it quite well although on my first view, I only captured what he was doing and didn't understant how it works.

Coach Lee goes through the ENTIRE PROCESS of shooting a shot and provides one of the finest pre-shot routines ever discussed on film.

I appreciate Coach Lee coming to America to share some of these European secrets that he has developed and already shared with great players such as Darren Appleton, Mike Dechaine, Shane Van Boening and many others. I was fortunate enough last year to spend a short time with Coach Lee in Las Vegas where he gave me a glimpse of what is contained in the DVD.

Big kudos go to Coach Lee for putting together a comprehensive DVD that covers most of what you need to improve your pool game.

I showed Coach Lee's SECRET of shooting straight in shots last night to a TOP PLAYER in New Orleans last night at Buffalo Billiards (we shared first and second place in Buffalo's Tuesday night handicapped 9 ball tournament) and he told me that is how he aims straight in shots. I almost blew a gasket when I exclaimed, "WELL, why didn't you tell ME?" He has offered much help in the past for my game and I was agitated that he didn't tell me about this technique. Anyway, I showed the technique to another player, who is probably a C player and he was able to perform the technique immediately, avec quizzical look on his face.

As I hone some of the other techniques and fundamentals that Coach Lee shares in the DVD, I will share some of them in this thread.

I don't particularly want to just give away Coach Lee's secrets indiscriminately. He's trying to make it in America, too and I have a lot of respect for that. So if you have some available cash for a VERY GOOD DVD with information that you have never seen before, you will be doing yourself and your game a favor by adding this DVD to your collection.

I promise you that I will be going back to this DVD and working off of it many times in the future. I at least now know that my right leg is my "lead leg" (I'm right handed). Somehow when I was reading Coach Lee's book a few months ago, I got it into my head that my forward foot to the shot (left leg) was my lead leg.

Coach Lee clarifies a lot of things that are in the book and shares many more secrets than I expected. This is more than an instructional video. It is a "coaching video" and your game will be rewarded if you take Coach Lee's instructions to the table.

JoeyA

Muziq

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JoeyA (or others),

Have you seen Jerry Briesath's new DVD Set called "A Pool Lesson With Jerry Briesath DVD"? I'm asking because I want to order both Jerry and Lee's DVD's but can only choose one right now.

I'm not asking you to say which is better, I would like to know which you'd suggest one consider purchasing first and then getting the other later.

I play as a low C level player. I'm not sure if this helps or is even important in deciding which to set to choose first.

Thanks in advance for the forthcoming responses.

Muziq

JoeyA

Silver Member
JoeyA (or others),

Have you seen Jerry Briesath's new DVD Set called "A Pool Lesson With Jerry Briesath DVD"? I'm asking because I want to order both Jerry and Lee's DVD's but can only choose one right now.

I'm not asking you to say which is better, I would like to know which you'd suggest one consider purchasing first and then getting the other later.

I play as a low C level player. I'm not sure if this helps or is even important in deciding which to set to choose first.

Thanks in advance for the forthcoming responses.

Muziq

Unfortunately, I have not had the pleasure of seeing Jerry's DVD Set. Jerry Briesath is one of the great American Instructors.

You already know what I think about Coach Lee Brett.

JoeyA

Silver Member
I also recomend this DVD. And he is a great shooter :)

It's nice to see Coach Lee's DVD being seen from people all over the world.

After this past weekend's tournament fiasco, I probably need to pay more attention to the mental aspects of the game detailed in the video. :D

gazman100

Brunswick Gold Crowns - Qld Australia
Silver Member
Lee's dvd

This is a great dvd and I've picked up lots of solid advice.
The dvd moves quite fast throughout and you know that he's been teaching for years.
His 5 steps are solid and well worth the $.
Cheers

JoeyA

Silver Member
This is a great dvd and I've picked up lots of solid advice.
The dvd moves quite fast throughout and you know that he's been teaching for years.
His 5 steps are solid and well worth the $.
Cheers

You're right, it's good stuff! :smile:
Although I received immediate benefits from Coach Lee's Pool Instructional Video, I periodically go back and watch it again and again.

gazman100

Brunswick Gold Crowns - Qld Australia
Silver Member
I only wished I'd disvovered this DVD 2 years ago.
The whole theme of the DVD is basic fundamentals
I'd recommend this to anyone.

pool101

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I only wished I'd disvovered this DVD 2 years ago.
The whole theme of the DVD is basic fundamentals
I'd recommend this to anyone.

Since it has been out less than a year, I am glad you didn't discover it 2 years ago..:) I am glad you are enjoying it, Lee does a great job, that is for sure.
Mark

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"The Secret Art of POOL " - Today, 11:21 AM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

If you think you've seen it all, you haven't.

Coach Lee Brett has brought a European perspective to American pocket billiards in the form of a DVD. He already has a book out by the same name and now a new DVD.

It is filled with many new concepts and techniques used by Coach Lee Brett. I am only on my second day of reviewing his DVD and I am amazed at how much I don't know.

Coach Lee's technique for aiming straight in shots is, well, simply remarkable. That alone is worth the price of the DVD and when you use it, you will agree too. This a new concept in shooting at least from what I know about aiming and what I have read. I haven't read everything that is out there and I haven't viewed every DVD out there either but in addition to NEW INFORMATION about playing pool, Coach Lee has his own VERY UNIQUE way of communicating his thoughts and unique techniques in a manner that you can quickly assimilate in spite of his rapid fire speech rhythm which matches his rhythm in shooting balls in the hole at very fast speeds.

This is only my second day of viewing the DVD and I keep going back to the straight in shot portion and I am grasping the nuances of what he is saying more and more. I'm going to give out a portion of the secret right now (Sorry Coach Lee): Lee has defined a way to increase the contact point area on a straight in shot by a wide margin, thereby increasing and practically guaranteeing you improvement on your straight in shots. I know this is going to improve my one pocket game because one of the most critical shots in one pocket is when your opponent scratches and leaves you with ball in hand behind the line. Many times, you may find yourself wanting to shoot a straight in shot but fearing that if you miss, you will turn the table back over to your opponent and quit possibly lose the entire game or match because of missing. It does appear to me that Coach Lee has defined a way to increase that contact point from one contact point to a FEW CONTACT POINTS. He explains it quite well although on my first view, I only captured what he was doing and didn't understant how it works.

Coach Lee goes through the ENTIRE PROCESS of shooting a shot and provides one of the finest pre-shot routines ever discussed on film.

I appreciate Coach Lee coming to America to share some of these European secrets that he has developed and already shared with great players such as Darren Appleton, Mike Dechaine, Shane Van Boening and many others. I was fortunate enough last year to spend a short time with Coach Lee in Las Vegas where he gave me a glimpse of what is contained in the DVD.

Big kudos go to Coach Lee for putting together a comprehensive DVD that covers most of what you need to improve your pool game.

I showed Coach Lee's SECRET of shooting straight in shots last night to a TOP PLAYER in New Orleans last night at Buffalo Billiards (we shared first and second place in Buffalo's Tuesday night handicapped 9 ball tournament) and he told me that is how he aims straight in shots. I almost blew a gasket when I exclaimed, "WELL, why didn't you tell ME?" He has offered much help in the past for my game and I was agitated that he didn't tell me about this technique. Anyway, I showed the technique to another player, who is probably a C player and he was able to perform the technique immediately, avec quizzical look on his face.

As I hone some of the other techniques and fundamentals that Coach Lee shares in the DVD, I will share some of them in this thread.

I don't particularly want to just give away Coach Lee's secrets indiscriminately. He's trying to make it in America, too and I have a lot of respect for that. So if you have some available cash for a VERY GOOD DVD with information that you have never seen before, you will be doing yourself and your game a favor by adding this DVD to your collection.

I promise you that I will be going back to this DVD and working off of it many times in the future. I at least now know that my right leg is my "lead leg" (I'm right handed). Somehow when I was reading Coach Lee's book a few months ago, I got it into my head that my forward foot to the shot (left leg) was my lead leg.

Coach Lee clarifies a lot of things that are in the book and shares many more secrets than I expected. This is more than an instructional video. It is a "coaching video" and your game will be rewarded if you take Coach Lee's instructions to the table.

JoeyA

Hey JoeyA,
I got a chance to meet coach Lee Brett, while he is in town this week at the Big Easy pool hall in Metairie, Louisiana. I saw you talking to him too. He is a nice guy.
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well after all the great reviews and watching the 15 min youtube, I decided to order the DVD (onthe 13th). Hope it comes in by Friday so I can view over the weekend...

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well after all the great reviews and watching the 15 min youtube, I decided to order the DVD (onthe 13th). Hope it comes in by Friday so I can view over the weekend...

It came in today:smile:. I hope to watch it this weekend:grin::grin::grin:....

JoeyA

Silver Member
It came in today:smile:. I hope to watch it this weekend:grin::grin::grin:....

I've watched mine at least 10-15 times already and after last week's debacle I apparently need to watch it some more. :grin:

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've watched mine at least 10-15 times already and after last week's debacle I apparently need to watch it some more. :grin:

Popped it in yesterday after playing some really ugly pool. I tooled around with it (going from 1 chapter to another). Was a little confused about aim in it, but sure if I watch it a few times I will see what he is really saying (seems my cut aiming system and his are similar).

I will say that I did send him a email and he was responsive to it (not questions on technique but about a tracking #). I really like that when you buy something, very professional.

I also Kindleed his book as well (to kind of go hand and hand w/ the dvd).

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Popped it in yesterday after playing some really ugly pool. I tooled around with it (going from 1 chapter to another). Was a little confused about aim in it, but sure if I watch it a few times I will see what he is really saying (seems my cut aiming system and his are similar).

I will say that I did send him a email and he was responsive to it (not questions on technique but about a tracking #). I really like that when you buy something, very professional.

I also Kindleed his book as well (to kind of go hand and hand w/ the dvd).

Watched most of the DVD and went to the club to hit some right after. Still need to watch "Rhythm" and the rest.

Haven't seen the bit that I saw on the youtube promo about the three shots, straight, inside and outside shots yet. Are they on the DVD:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:???

MCP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Instruction

Lord knows we all can use some instruction Books,DVDs are good instruction tools.
But it's time at the table that counts IMO.
Also a player must be willing to put into practice what is being offered and have patience again patience (rome was not built in a day)
I don't know Mr. Brett's system or instruction, it sounds very good lots of positive feedback. if you as a player buy into a coaches system stick with it
Bouncing around getting different views and opinions I don't think helps
(not for me) -to many voices in the head.
Pool is extremely difficult I guess that's what's appealing we strive for the
perfect rack, Perfect position play, perfect run out.
As for straight in shots. When I started to play again I was told by an instructor 100 long straight shots every time I was at the table practicing.
Not 90 or 80 or 50 ---- 100 --- seems reasonable, its not as easy as it sounds
And to be honest I don't always do 100 most of the time between 50 to 80
It gets boring but I must say when I am faced with a long shot know I have 100% confidence when I get ready to shoot. What I am saying if Mr. Brett's
Or any other top flight Instruction/system sounds good and you can Embrace it give it 100% effort
MCP

JoeyA

Silver Member
Watched most of the DVD and went to the club to hit some right after. Still need to watch "Rhythm" and the rest.

Haven't seen the bit that I saw on the youtube promo about the three shots, straight, inside and outside shots yet. Are they on the DVD:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:???

Inside and outside the body shots are just names that Lee have given to shots which are left cut or right cut shots . Straight in shots are just that, except for his increased focus technique on straight in shots.

Last edited: