Review of Scott Lee

nfuids

eh?
Silver Member
Just past 2 full day (20h total) with Scott.

It really was nice, after a good video analysis of my current stroke, I scored 32 on his evaluation sheet. After the 2 days, I scored above 80.

What I liked is that he had me position myself for about 10 shots or so and mesured my bridge lenght and see what I was more confortable with. After that, we mesured how far my cuetip should go when I finish (follow through) my shot. That is different for everyone, depending on body shape, stance, etc. Defined where my back end should be to be 90 degree.. after that, what was definately something VERY NICE is that he showed me 3 different eyes patterns. I thought I was pattern 3 and after a few min of practicing, I realized I wasn't. I was a pattern 1..

So for the remaining of the 2 days, we worked through some drills he calls "mother drills" that are intented to focus on very specific things, all of which I had to do with my new defined preshot routine / stroke / eye pattern. Was not always easy, but was very very instructive.

He had so much material and I did want to spend as much time as possible with, my head was hurting almost the full to days :)

It was definitely worth every penny I paid. I will most likely take some more lesson at somepoint, maybe a year, maybe two or more, but will probably do!

The main thing for me was/is my grip is too tight, specially when I try to shoot with some power. The day I was back home, I went to shoot some pool with my girlfriend, and at the end, I got 10-15 min of alone table time and already, I could feel my "new" stroke was feeling more natural.

I'm guessing that with a couple hours of alone table time, my whole new preshot routine/eye pattern/stroke will feel more confortable.

I got the whole 20h of training on my computer as he allowed me to copy the memory card of the cam recorder.

I had training with about 5 different coach so far, 3 local pros, 2 professional coach (they live off of coaching billiard), Scott being one of the 2, and Scott has been the best by far.

:thumbup: to Scott!

goettlicher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just past 2 full day (20h total) with Scott.

It really was nice, after a good video analysis of my current stroke, I scored 32 on his evaluation sheet. After the 2 days, I scored above 80.

What I liked is that he had me position myself for about 10 shots or so and mesured my bridge lenght and see what I was more confortable with. After that, we mesured how far my cuetip should go when I finish (follow through) my shot. That is different for everyone, depending on body shape, stance, etc. Defined where my back end should be to be 90 degree.. after that, what was definately something VERY NICE is that he showed me 3 different eyes patterns. I thought I was pattern 3 and after a few min of practicing, I realized I wasn't. I was a pattern 1..

So for the remaining of the 2 days, we worked through some drills he calls "mother drills" that are intented to focus on very specific things, all of which I had to do with my new defined preshot routine / stroke / eye pattern. Was not always easy, but was very very instructive.

He had so much material and I did want to spend as much time as possible with, my head was hurting almost the full to days :)

It was definitely worth every penny I paid. I will most likely take some more lesson at somepoint, maybe a year, maybe two or more, but will probably do!

The main thing for me was/is my grip is too tight, specially when I try to shoot with some power. The day I was back home, I went to shoot some pool with my girlfriend, and at the end, I got 10-15 min of alone table time and already, I could feel my "new" stroke was feeling more natural.

I'm guessing that with a couple hours of alone table time, my whole new preshot routine/eye pattern/stroke will feel more confortable.

I got the whole 20h of training on my computer as he allowed me to copy the memory card of the cam recorder.

I had training with about 5 different coach so far, 3 local pros, 2 professional coach (they live off of coaching billiard), Scott being one of the 2, and Scott has been the best by far.

:thumbup: to Scott!

The best by far!
randyg

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Welcome to the Scott Lee SPF club. Scott is a great instructor. You did a great service for yourself. Your pool will constantly improve.