Updated Directory plus search engine

GoPlayPool

Search. Find. Play.
Gold Member
Silver Member
It has been 5 years since we first introduced GoPlayPool to the world. Since then, we've done a lot to improve what we offer!

If you haven't had a chance to look at our new system, please do.
You can search for locations, find out about table sizes and brands, tournament/league availability, age limitations, amenities, food and alcohol info, entertainment, details about other games and much more!

The search engine helps you filter through locations depending on what you're looking for.

Yes, there will be missing information and incomplete profiles and we are hoping with the help of the public, the business owners and management, we can keep the platform updated and current. We're constantly working to ensure it's as updated as possible.

Very minimal advertising, no pop ups and no "forced" logins allows users to cruise through the system as they please. They also include our high traffic "flyers" section and "GoPlayPool 101"!

GoPlayPool platforms are 100% free to use!

In the works: GPS functionality and zip code search as well as coupons/discounts sections and much more...

We truly appreciate your input, your edits/adds and keeping the platform updated!
If you're a pool hall, bar, club or any other type of business with pool tables, get in touch with us to find out about our incredible memberships and promotional options. If you're interested in advertising on the GoPlayPool systems, visit our website at www.GoPlayPool.com

Enjoy....
Now let's Search, Find and Go Play Pool!

201709azbforum.png

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just traveled to Albuquerque and discovered a problem with your search engine. It doesn't cover the metropolitan area. If I hadn't heard of Slate billiards I never would have known because it's a little outside of Albuquerque.

Somehow you need to link the burbs. Also I don't do bars, I'd like to see a filter to eliminate 7 & 8 foot tables. Yes I'm a pool slob and would rather play on the internet at the hotel than play on some POS valley table. Ok, your filter won't eliminate any table size. I don't really understand the High to Low, or Low to High. How about just giving me a size box to click on. If I want to even look at a 7' table I can click on the box. Tournament filter is a great one.

So I want to look for 3C tables in New Orleans your filter keeps showing 7' tables. Very aggravating

Last edited:

GoPlayPool

Search. Find. Play.
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just traveled to Albuquerque and discovered a problem with your search engine. It doesn't cover the metropolitan area. If I hadn't heard of Slate billiards I never would have known because it's a little outside of Albuquerque.

Somehow you need to link the burbs. Also I don't do bars, I'd like to see a filter to eliminate 7 & 8 foot tables. Yes I'm a pool slob and would rather play on the internet at the hotel than play on some POS valley table. Ok, your filter won't eliminate any table size. I don't really understand the High to Low, or Low to High. How about just giving me a size box to click on. If I want to even look at a 7' table I can click on the box. Tournament filter is a great one.

So I want to look for 3C tables in New Orleans your filter keeps showing 7' tables. Very aggravating

Hi jtompilot:
First off, apologize for late respond. We are not usually on this system and for some reason we never received notification on it. Anyways...

To answer some of your questions;
Slate Street Billiards "is" listed on our system and believe me, we have worked very hard not to miss any pool halls. Of course it will not be perfect, yet it will be more updated than Facebood and/or Yelp for sure as far as listings go.
Slate Street Billiards is located in the city of: Rio Rancho. Sadly we have to follow Google Map Mashing, otherwise the "directions" icon and Google Maps and/or Apple Maps will not function properly.

Now onto your next comment:
You don't do bars and I respect that, but hard to keep everyone satisfied. Please do remember that if this platform was designed for pool players only, the establishments will all eventually go out of business. The establishments need the regular bar goers and drinkers and games watchers and food eaters too and NOT just pool players who are regulars mostly(besides out of town-ers) and they already know where the pool rooms are and if they have tournaments/leagues or not.
There has been a lots of thoughts and planning put into this database and focus groups where used to see what the "average" pool room customer wants.

When you search for 9 footers; (high to low, meaning it will regardless of the location of the pool hall within that state/city it will show you the highest number of 9 footers coming down to the lowest), it will still fill in the number of "other" tables they have until the system runs out of info on 9 footers and then reverts back to alphabetical listing: city, establishment name.

To filter out other information(pool table sizes in the instance) is like hiding the info pretty much and that is not how the marketing aspects of the system work for room members who pay to be on the system and they want all their information visible. The visibility of the information is pretty clear without any issues on any device/desktop. Hope that clarifies how that search option result with filter responds.

Check boxes in "filter" options is asking for trouble when it comes you databases. They don't respond on all platforms unfortunately. :) That was originally part of the plan, yet due to functionality issues on some devices, we scratched it off the list.

In regards to 3C tables;
The reasons for it showing you bar tables vs 3C is because I checked the system personally for this matter and we don't have any listings of 3C billiard tables in New Orleans, so again it reverts back to: the listings alphabetically, City first then name of the establishment. Again, please understand, we can change it to: No records found. The problem with that again is that we are taking the visibility of other information away from the user and we don't want to do that.

We are almost done Geo Coding the system by hand so there are no issues and/or errors involved. After it is sand-boxed(tested), at that point, you will be able to use: Zip Code as your entry and search within selected option on distance to search for available establishments and finalize your search with filter options.

We are glad you like the tournament filter options.

Thank you for your input on the system and hope you understand that we have done this from scratch ourselves without any external help, so it is still in progress and it will always have room for improvement of course.

If you have any other questions and/or comments, please don't hesitate to contact Ramin at; ramin@goplaypool.com and he can hopefully answer your concerns for you.

Have a great day! :)

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi jtompilot:
First off, apologize for late respond. We are not usually on this system and for some reason we never received notification on it. Anyways...

To answer some of your questions;
Slate Street Billiards "is" listed on our system and believe me, we have worked very hard not to miss any pool halls. Of course it will not be perfect, yet it will be more updated than Facebood and/or Yelp for sure as far as listings go.
Slate Street Billiards is located in the city of: Rio Rancho. Sadly we have to follow Google Map Mashing, otherwise the "directions" icon and Google Maps and/or Apple Maps will not function properly.

Now onto your next comment:
You don't do bars and I respect that, but hard to keep everyone satisfied. Please do remember that if this platform was designed for pool players only, the establishments will all eventually go out of business. The establishments need the regular bar goers and drinkers and games watchers and food eaters too and NOT just pool players who are regulars mostly(besides out of town-ers) and they already know where the pool rooms are and if they have tournaments/leagues or not.
There has been a lots of thoughts and planning put into this database and focus groups where used to see what the "average" pool room customer wants.

When you search for 9 footers; (high to low, meaning it will regardless of the location of the pool hall within that state/city it will show you the highest number of 9 footers coming down to the lowest), it will still fill in the number of "other" tables they have until the system runs out of info on 9 footers and then reverts back to alphabetical listing: city, establishment name.

To filter out other information(pool table sizes in the instance) is like hiding the info pretty much and that is not how the marketing aspects of the system work for room members who pay to be on the system and they want all their information visible. The visibility of the information is pretty clear without any issues on any device/desktop. Hope that clarifies how that search option result with filter responds.

Check boxes in "filter" options is asking for trouble when it comes you databases. They don't respond on all platforms unfortunately. :) That was originally part of the plan, yet due to functionality issues on some devices, we scratched it off the list.

In regards to 3C tables;
The reasons for it showing you bar tables vs 3C is because I checked the system personally for this matter and we don't have any listings of 3C billiard tables in New Orleans, so again it reverts back to: the listings alphabetically, City first then name of the establishment. Again, please understand, we can change it to: No records found. The problem with that again is that we are taking the visibility of other information away from the user and we don't want to do that.

We are almost done Geo Coding the system by hand so there are no issues and/or errors involved. After it is sand-boxed(tested), at that point, you will be able to use: Zip Code as your entry and search within selected option on distance to search for available establishments and finalize your search with filter options.

We are glad you like the tournament filter options.

Thank you for your input on the system and hope you understand that we have done this from scratch ourselves without any external help, so it is still in progress and it will always have room for improvement of course.

If you have any other questions and/or comments, please don't hesitate to contact Ramin at; ramin@goplaypool.com and he can hopefully answer your concerns for you.

Have a great day! :)

Thanks for your response.

I understand how complex it must be th set up search engines and combining that with maps.

The purpose of my post was trying to explane from my perspective that I didn’t like the way your filters worked. In stead of having a high to low I wanted a box to select table sizes. If I don’t want a 7’ table I’d rather be adle to not select that size table.

As for maps, when I go to google and put in a city and billiards the map may go out 50 miles and cover more than just that city.

Keep the improvements coming. Thanks

GoPlayPool

Search. Find. Play.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the reply

Thanks for quick feedback!
We have since changed the wording of "filter" to "sort" to avoid any confusion.

In the next couple of days we are releasing zip code search:
Also called "nearby search"
With a drop down menu of all zip codes in the US (auto fill), you can select a zip code and your distance search of its radius; 5, 10, 20, 50 or 100 miles and it will give you all the listings for that search. then you can use the "sort" option to sort by tournaments, leagues, table sizes as well.

In the next couple of months we are also going to release the GPS activated system, so you don't have to do anything pretty much and just open the app and it will give you the nearby places with your options to expand and/or tighten the search possibly in a map format.

Maps are very hit and miss on different devices and locations. Sometimes they load, sometimes they don't and with wireless companies competing for customers with unlimited internet access lately which will just get worse in 2018, connections will be getting worse. At least that is in our opinion. So we might scratch maps 100% and creating table listings and user(you for example) can hit on any one location and get directions and more info using Google/Apple Maps pending on the device you are in.

But first and foremost is the Go Deal$ Section we are building, where you can look at discounts and coupons nearby and take advantage of that;
Coupons and discounts such as:
Buy lunch play free pool
1/2 of something for something
Lunch specials
Drink specials
Sporting event discounts and so on...
It is a limitless concept.
Pool rooms get to post all these happiness coupons and discounts on the system and users can take advantage of them.

We are working hard my friend and I know no other company has such a massive database with folds and folds of information as we have provided for fee to the public.

Onto the next step now...
Have a great day and stay in touch.
If you do have the app downloaded, write a review. It is always appreciated.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
I did a search on one of the bars and it then showed 3 different bars as the result of the search. None of those bars listed was even in the same town of the bar I was searching for.

fyi

Jeff Livingston

GoPlayPool

Search. Find. Play.
Gold Member
Silver Member
I did a search on one of the bars and it then showed 3 different bars as the result of the search. None of those bars listed was even in the same town of the bar I was searching for.

fyi
Jeff Livingston

Hi Jeff;
We need a bit more on that to fix it. Thanks.
Maybe the city you were in and the state. Otherwise, I wouldn't know where to start to fix the glitches.
The mashing issues (mapping) is from Google and we have very minimal control over it. BUT... Would love to look into this matter.
Thanks,

GoPlayPool

Search. Find. Play.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Latest update!

2nd UPDATE to the original Post:

All zip codes finalized and as promised, "Nearby Search" is now available both on the desktop/mobile and The App.
Much Easier to find locations and listings close to where you are.

Featured Rooms section is also added to The App.
It is also on the Home page(desktop/mobile)
Check it out and do share...
:):):)

Coming up next is:
GoDeal$ section for pool rooms, bars, taverns and sports bars also for vendors, partners and advertisers.
They post discounts, coupons and specials and end users take advantage of it...

Thanks everyone for the support as always and don't forget to rate the app, if you get a chance.
:grin::grin::grin:

Here is the options you have and what it all looks like:
20171122azbforum.png

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Hi Jeff;
We need a bit more on that to fix it. Thanks.
Maybe the city you were in and the state. Otherwise, I wouldn't know where to start to fix the glitches.
The mashing issues (mapping) is from Google and we have very minimal control over it. BUT... Would love to look into this matter.
Thanks,

I forget...sorry. :embarrassed2:

I'm in Des Moines, so it might have been here or towns in Iowa.

Jeff Livingston

GoPlayPool

Search. Find. Play.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Your search

I forget...sorry. :embarrassed2:

I'm in Des Moines, so it might have been here or towns in Iowa.

Jeff Livingston

Cool. Thanks Jeff.
But, the listings in Des Moines are in Des Moines. lol
Not sure how else to word it for you.
We do have the zip code option as well now. Try using that.
This is the first time this issue has come up.
For you to know: All city names are based on Google mashing.
For example: If it says: Los Angeles in Google, we use that and NOT Beverly Hills as maybe the players would know it as.
Reasoning behind that is:
Otherwise the mapping wouldn't respond.

But, if you do find the exact situation you were in, I would love to explore it further to catch the glitch.

Thanks for your respond.