Tournament Listing Tips......

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
THESE ARE A FEW THINGS THAT HAVE WORKED FOR ME.:)

Do a little research on events in your area. Try to co-ordinate schedules the best you can. ALL events can have more players if they are not stacked on top of each other.

The TITLE - DATE, EVENT TITLE, TOWN & STATE, ADDED MONEY IF IT'S 1,000+++
....................( if players have to scan through your entire thread to find out your event is in Alaska, fewer people will bother)

If you can paste or link a Map to where the pool Hall is, it's very helpful. ( Make sure the map is correct) (Thanks JoeyA ;) )

All the details -. Posting a flyer is great, if your flyer is too big to post, either re-size it or include a link to the flyer or simply list some of the details.

Save some details for "bumping".

Dated Events - All of our events are dated. We all like to keep our event up front. Nothing worse than getting your event, that's scheduled for next weekend, trumped by an event that's not scheduled for another month or two.

a) Don't "bump" too soon - Get the thread bumping 7-14 days before the event. If you bump to soon the thread may fade when all points are addressed.
b) If you will present questions, the players will help you bump the thread.( I have found that if I see ALL the information right away, there's nothing to ask)
c) Use Information to "bump" - I know most events have many mentionable attributes that can be useful to someone considering your event. ie Hotels, Restaurants, action spots nearby etc.. "bumping" just by using the word "bump" doesn't generate interest in my opinion.

IF ANYONE HAS ANYTHING THAT WILL HELP US BENEFIT MORE FROM THIS PART OF THE FORUM, PLEASE SHARE WITH US.

Sincerely,

Ray

Last edited:

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Bigtruck said:
THESE ARE A FEW THINGS THAT HAVE WORKED FOR ME.:)

Make it easy to find. – If you will put the date ,town & state in the TITLE, people in your area can find you quickly.

All the details – Posting a flyer is great, if your flyer is too big to post, include a link to the flyer or simply list some of the details. Don’t put all the details up right away. Save some details for “bumping”.

Dated Events – All of our events are dated. We all like to keep our event up front. Nothing worse than getting your event, that’s scheduled for next weekend, trumped by an event that’s not scheduled for another month or two.

a) Don’t “bump” too soon. – get the thread bumping 7-14 days before the event. If you bump to soon the thread may fade when all points are addressed.
b) If you will present questions, the players will help you bump the thread.( I have found that if I see ALL the information right away, there’s nothing to ask)
c) Use Information to “bump” - I know most events have many “mentionable” attributes that can be useful to someone considering your event. ie Hotels, Restaurants, action spots nearby etc…… “bumping” just by using the word “bump” doesn’t generate interest in my opinion.

IF ANYONE HAS ANYTHING THAT WILL HELP US BENEFIT MORE FROM THIS PART OF THE FORUM, PLEASE SHARE WITH US.

Sincerely,

Ray

And putting that link for MAP instructions (which you suggested previously)is the nuts, especially if you are trying to get new players.
JoeyA

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks!

JoeyA said:
And putting that link for MAP instructions (which you suggested previously)is the nuts, especially if you are trying to get new players.
JoeyA

Thanks for the reminder Joey! I added a map to mine. I noticed that the Mapquest map was not correct on the map to Clicks Waco. I had to trick it to get the right directions. Did your map get you there OK?

Ray

I have also noticed that the tournaments that have a little symbol by them are easier to notice.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Bigtruck said:
Thanks for the reminder Joey! I added a map to mine. I noticed that the Mapquest map was not correct on the map to Clicks Waco. I had to trick it to get the right directions. Did your map get you there OK?

Ray

I have also noticed that the tournaments that have a little symbol by them are easier to notice.

Yes Ray. It worked just fine. I also added the link to the PDF tournament flyer itself so that if anyone is viewing it they can click on the heading and get driving instructions to Buffalo Billiards.
Thanks again,
JoeyA

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Listings

JoeyA said:
JoeyA

I think it would be cool if the we could post tournament announcements in regional categories instead of the whole world together.

What do you'all think?

Ray

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
No one?

Bigtruck said:
I think it would be cool if the we could post tournament announcements in regional categories instead of the whole world together.

What do you'all think?

Ray

I can't believe no one has any thoughts on this.:confused: I spend so much time reading tournament announcements just to find out where it is and on what date.

Ray

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ideas

I like to bump this up to the top periodically.

These are some tips that can help you successfully advertise your event here on AZ!

**NEW ONE**** Do a little research on events in your area. Try to co-ordinate schedules the best you can. ALL events can have more players if they are not stacked on top of each other.

Thanks

Ray

morinj29

Banned
Bigtruck said:
I like to bump this up to the top periodically.

These are some tips that can help you successfully advertise your event here on AZ!

**NEW ONE**** Do a little research on events in your area. Try to co-ordinate schedules the best you can. ALL events can have more players if they are not stacked on top of each other.

Thanks

Ray
I think regional tournament info would be a great idea. You can set up however many regions you want so that way people post their tournament only in the region that they choose to advertise in. Great idea Ray!

swrooster

A HOTDOG ROAD PLAYER!!
Silver Member
Taco

Bigtruck said:
I can't believe no one has any thoughts on this.:confused: I spend so much time reading tournament announcements just to find out where it is and on what date.

Ray
Sorry, a required edit. Too much egg nog last night. And contrary to my opinion last night, after a review I am not a genius.

Last edited:

Papa Red

Love it or Leave
Silver Member
Sub category

I think we need a sub category under tournaments by state, it would be much easier to locate. If you were out of town on business, vacation, or whatever to fine a tournament close to you with out going through the whole list.

Captain K.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agree

Papa Red said:
I think we need a sub category under tournaments by state, it would be much easier to locate. If you were out of town on business, vacation, or whatever to fine a tournament close to you with out going through the whole list.

I agree Charlie, I get pms from players looking for tournys from here to Cali. and to Florida up to new york and Canada.

Good idea, see what we can do
Hey, you ever get your hands on those 12x12 cases?
Thanks and Merry Christmas
Kennan

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Listings by state

Papa Red said:

Make sure you list the state and town in your event title. Keep the title as short as possible.

I don't think state by state will happen. Many events get noticed by stature and/or added money that is listed in the title. These would be hard to find if you had to click on every state.

rack'em zach'em

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Coming Soon

Bigtruck said:
Make sure you list the state and town in your event title. Keep the title as short as possible.

I don't think state by state will happen. Many events get noticed by stature and/or added money that is listed in the title. These would be hard to find if you had to click on every state.

It's coming...soon I hope..It's taking forever..I've been wanting to make my website for a while and I finally paid for it about 2 months ago..I've always talked about how cool this would be..see everyone this weekend at clicks..Hopefully I get over this cold by then..:( :thumbup:

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tip?

rack'em zach'em said:
It's coming...soon I hope..It's taking forever..I've been wanting to make my website for a while and I finally paid for it about 2 months ago..I've always talked about how cool this would be..see everyone this weekend at clicks..Hopefully I get over this cold by then..:( :thumbup:

So the tournament listing tip is......start your own website? :confused:

Ray

rack'em zach'em

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol did Santa wake up on the wrong side of the bed??? No I was just responding to what was said..and a few of the people that did respond have had conversations with me about my site..I was just mentioning the fact that I thought it was a great idea..Sorry Ray didn't mean to do that..This is a good thread and you do a great job helping out everyone on this site..

Last edited:

Papa Red

Love it or Leave
Silver Member
Captain K. said:
I agree Charlie, I get pms from players looking for tournys from here to Cali. and to Florida up to new york and Canada.

Good idea, see what we can do
Hey, you ever get your hands on those 12x12 cases?
Thanks and Merry Christmas
Kennan

I looked in the closets but can them. I have no ideal what happened to them.

ne14tennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is Good Stuff

rack'em zach'em said:

Will this be anything like Bowling For Dollars? :rolleyes:

When I was a kid we had a local sportscaster that got canned for to many DWI's and having an affair with the weather girl (She was hot :wink: ).

He got to host a show from a local bowling alley and every week some schmuck would win a chance to throw 3 balls down the lane. No strike....no problem, your pin count accumulated and you took home the cash. 3 strikes in a row.....shazamm, you're a hero and walk away with all the cash.

Is this going to be a website with all the local cash tournaments? You could even add a woofing section and a match making section with the site owner (Of course) facilitating the deal. :grin:

Why didn't I think of this

ne14tennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good Idea

Bigtruck said:

Ray

I think this is a good idea.

You could break it down to regions.

Northeast, mid atlantic, southeast, mid west, plains states, south central, southwest, mountain states and west coast

Last edited:

YOLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just don't get it! Put your location in the thread title people!!!! Really, what's so hard about that?

Maybe new threads need to go into a Que to be approved? I know it's more work for the moderators but it's a real drag sifting through the threads...