Votes: 27 8.0%

Votes: 47 13.9%

Votes: 87 25.8%

Votes: 151 44.8%

• Total voters

Blackball75

Blackball75
Silver Member
Please be honest! If many people answer, then we can eventually get some ideas of the average.

Last edited:

scratchs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think its a shame people base their self esteem on a skill level...but that being said,I don't think to many 2/3's hang out here.I think the info here would really help them out.
I have played both BCA an APA,an enjoy both formats..BCA 9-ball/8-ball I was rated at a 7 both sides..APA I am rated a 5 in both 9-ball/8-ball..have been for years..my eye sight gets worse every year..not much fun some days..missing what I use to take for granted,

Reactions: JDB

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
The poll looks about like I expected... there are almost as many 7's as there are all the other skill levels combined. I started APA as a 7 and I play at least 2 speeds higher than that now, and I'd still be a 7. So would any US Open champion. So clearly 7 covers a really big range of players.

My first instinct was to say "the APA should adjust their handicaps", but really... what would it do if they made a scale to 10 or something? Then the teams have an even harder time keeping it under the 23 limit that everyone gripes about.

Mr Slate

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Silver Member
I'm a 4 in APA 8-ball and so are my 5 teammates. I love playing against a 7,and dread playing a 2.:)

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
I started out as a 4 as a new player. Was accused of sand bagging. Told the other team that I don't make the rules and never claimed to be a 4. After the first week was raised to a 6. Then eventually to a 7. After 2 sessions I became skilled enough to become a 6. Had to do this to this to help the team stay in the 23 rule. Learned how to do this from the players on the other teams.

I am a now a 6 working on becoming a 5. Never realized how hard it is to drop in skills. It is easier to be a 7 but then the team would have to split. This is the format of the APA. It is like a pyramid scam. If your area does not continue to grow you lose your franchise. So the object is to try and get the players to advance in skills so the teams have to break up and form new teams., thus hopefully getting more players. The players in MI Are not idiots, most of us belong to union and know how to screw management.

Beware of the players from Mi. We are sand bagging experts.

Last edited:

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
//////////CreeDo Anti-Virus Scanning///////////
Heuristic Scanning: on
Last definitions update: 5/29/10
Scanning sector 188906...........................
THREAD VIRUS DETECTED:
W32.APA.Sandbagging

[Q]uarantine
[R]epair
[A]bandon Thread

Abandon Thread selected.
Exiting 188906....
C:\

renard

Play in these conditions?
Silver Member
//////////creedo anti-virus scanning///////////
heuristic scanning: On
last definitions update: 5/29/10
scanning sector 188906...........................
thread virus detected:
w32.apa.sandbagging

[q]uarantine
[r]epair
[a]bandon thread

abandon thread selected.
Exiting 188906....

lmao!!!!!!!

twal

"W"
Silver Member
Never played APA.
Only played BCA.
Anyone know if theses translate?
In BCA I am an 8.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I am a SL4, and spent much of last year as a SL3. Not ashamed or embarrassed about it, and it's legit as can be, since I'm not nearly good enough to sandbag. Nor would I if I were good enough, as it's distasteful to me. I don't really care if "everyone" does it, not that I really believe "everyone" does it. But that's another thread... though I expect this will quickly dissolve into that discussion once again.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Never played APA.
Only played BCA.
Anyone know if theses translate?
In BCA I am an 8.

Quite likely you'd be an SL7 in APA, by the way folks here talk about the BCA-level of play. SL7 is as high as it goes in APA 8-ball.

jrt30004

just jokin' around
Silver Member
//////////CreeDo Anti-Virus Scanning///////////
Heuristic Scanning: on
Last definitions update: 5/29/10
Scanning sector 188906...........................
THREAD VIRUS DETECTED:
W32.APA.Sandbagging

[Q]uarantine
[R]epair
[A]bandon Thread

Abandon Thread selected.
Exiting 188906....

i tried to rep this but i have to spread it around. that's funny. i just got bumped to a 6 in both 8 and 9. in the bca i played 8 ball as a 7. i also agree with the post that sl 7and 9 (in apa 9 ball) cover a very wide range of players. people who just got bumped as opposed to guys who have had that rating for a few years have a big gap between them.

8Ball48043

Addicted to the Sport
Silver Member
WOW. Those results clearly shows what level of pool player frequents AZ.

We're Good !!!

bazkook

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think to many 2/3's hang out here.I think the info here would really help them out.
I agree with you there. Most of the lower S/L players in APA play maybe on league night and one other night of the week. They are not as dedicated to pool as most of the people on this board. They would definitely find some helpful information if they took the time to look around.
I expected the majority of players here to be S/L 5s and above. I think I will start a thread with a pool of APA 9-ball S/Ls.

bazkook

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why not?

Firstly, it's nothing to be ashamed about.

Secondly, this poll is totally anonymous, as far as I know.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean any disrespect to the 2s and 3s that may visit the site but most people would probably say they are one or more skill levels higher than they are,even in an anonymous poll,just to make them feel better about themselves when they see that the majority of the rest of the members are 6s and 7s. At least that's my opinion.