King of Texas?

usakr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He wouldn't qualify for king of Texas. But he likes to gamble big. He's retired and has a lot of money.

sopadre

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best Gambler In Texas???? If CJ Wiley,C. Bryant,S.Ochoa,J. Jones matched up in 9 ball, 10 ball,IP , who would win?

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Somewhere in that 2nd Tier I think you'd have to add David Henson (LD) definitely and Kevin Guimond probably.

Pooligan <---- TX 57th Tier :)

David Henson would rob that 2nd Tier EASILY.
J
Where's David G, Sam Manole, and Shane Waltrip, oh and Jeremy Jones. They can't make tier 2 at the minimum. Lol

And I'm sorry to tell you but there's 3-4 guys not mentioned in Houston that Chase is not beating, that didn't make your list.

Last edited:

TXsouthpaw

My tush hog
Silver Member
Yall looking for the king of texas?! I found him. right here in my hometown. Robin Adair one of the original writers of the TX express rules himself!

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
serious 9 or 10 ball the line is open in DFW

If anyone in Texas wants to play me serious 9 or 10 ball the line is open in DFW. I believe Jeremy would say the same thing about One-Pocket if anyone wanted to play him as well.

Best Gambler In Texas???? If CJ Wiley,C. Bryant,S.Ochoa,J. Jones matched up in 9 ball, 10 ball,IP , who would win?

sopadre

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks to me CJ still has his gamble mode,any takers? If not,that answers my question for me!!!

cesarmorales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
San Antonio player mentioned.

Yeah, there is a guy in San Antonio that will play for big money but I don't think he can really run with the best in Texas. And I really don't think he wants his name mentioned.

Here is a hint:

He was donating to Dippy a few years ago, giving the dip a huge spot. At one point somebody mentioned playing for 100k and SA guy says he will put up a house worth more than that against Dippy cash. Dipster came back with, "now what do I want with a house, to settle down and raise a family, no thanks". That was the end of that conversation.

sopadre

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CESAR,If your guy and CJ got together,sounds like a game many of us would come to sweat!! Do they know each other??? CJ is real easy to find !

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
in the United States the rules must be changed to bring out sophisticated strategy

I've certainly been easy to find lately, playing in 4-5 tournaments a week in DFW. My game isn't "100%" however it's good enough to gamble with most players.

Playing "Two Foul" rules I'll play anyone in the country 9 Ball for $50/$100 a game - Texas players can play tournament rules as long as all shots are "called".

Through over 30 years of gambling I still don't know of many players that think "One Foul" is anything close to playing "Two Foul" rules.......back in the days of nationwide pool gambling almost everyone played "Two Foul". ;) Efren and the other Filipino players use better rules playing rotation......much more challenging than "one foul".

If pool is ever to be successful in the United States the rules must be changed to bring out sophisticated strategy and highlight the "head to head" competition. One foul rules have diluted the game down to a shabby, diluted form of how it was intended to be played.

'The Game is the Teacher'

CESAR,If your guy and CJ got together,sounds like a game many of us would come to sweat!! Do they know each other??? CJ is real easy to find !