I want to hear what Jay, Scott the Shot or the missing Roberta have to say...

JimmyD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want to hear what the people behind the scenes think now that the Open has crashed and burned yet once again! Not one person should ever attend, play or support anything to do with Barry "BULLSHIT" Behrman again! Someone should plant drugs on him an call the cops!

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think you have to plant drugs on him, I'm pretty sure he did a bit of time for something not too long ago. Or at least got in trouble with the law if not actual prison time.

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
Well I'm sure Jay and Scott are embarrassed they got duped into being involved in this disaster & Roberta is probably busy searching seat cushions for spare change so the players can EVENTUALLY be paid so I don't see you hearing from any of them but if you listen closely you can faintly here Barry asking someone to get him another 7 and Diet coke.

Apocalypse2017

Welcome to the resistance
Silver Member
Monday after the US Open on AZBilliards.

michael-jackson-eats-popcorn-o.gif

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want to hear what the people behind the scenes think now that the Open has crashed and burned yet once again! Not one person should ever attend, play or support anything to do with Barry "BULLSHIT" Behrman again! Someone should plant drugs on him an call the cops!

Personally, I'm really looking forward to what Roberta has to say. For the weeks leading up to the event she was the voice of The Open.

Having been there, I must openly confess that there is nothing I enjoy more than the freundenschade of another spokesmodel standing in midst of the flames of their "fireproof house" as the embers glow brighter and brighter :)

Lou Figueroa
you go, Roberta
show me sumthin'

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
We've just watched one of the most exciting pool tournaments I've ever seen. Jay was hired to do a job and he did it well.

Jay is not the financier or accountant for the event, just the tournament director, and in that capacity he delivered big-time.

Why on earth should he comment on the financial aftermath of the event that he ran so well unless, of course, he is so inclined.

Roberta, similarly, can take a deep bow as the event ran smoothly, and for the most part, on schedule. Yes, Roberta was this forum's liaison to Barry prior to the tourney, but one must assume at the direction of Barry. She was candid, forthcoming and outgoing in this capacity. She has no obligation to continue to be liaison to this forum unless Barry directs her to do so.

If Barry has been inept in managing the tournament's finances and cashflows, that's on him, not on Roberta or Jay. How many of you would take responsibility for it if your bosses mishandled payment to employees, vendors and outside contractors?

PS I'm not sure on the matter of Scott Smith, as I'm not sure exactly what his responsibilities are.

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I Agree with you about the open.

But you went a little over board with the drug scare, btw I don't think one would have to plant drugs on Barry, I know for a fact that he was always packing and iam not talking about guns either.

I Really think Barry has goodness in his heart, but it is hard to like a man when he keeps lying and lying to people.

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I feel sorry for Roberta, she came on here time after time on Barrys behalf and he went and screwed up again.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I must openly confess that there is nothing I enjoy more than the freundenschade of another

Ah. Lou is into that kinky German shit I see.

Nah, Roberta was the outspoken spokesperson for Barry pre 2014 Open.

But really. If Barry had a story to tell both Jay and Roberta, they are just going on what he tells them. Altho by now, it might be a tough call to believe anything that comes out of his pie hole.

If anything, Barry's words and actions just put people that believed in him in a bad spot is all.

Kind of sad because Barry has never had a reputation that he has had to live up to.

Other people that speak out for him have a rep.

Barry walks, others drop.

Someone, sometime should just give old Bar, a right cross on his jaw that will make him a soup eater for 3 weeks. That might cure him real good.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Roberta, similarly, can take a deep bow as the event ran smoothly, and for the most part, on schedule. Yes, Roberta was this forum's liaison to Barry prior to the tourney, but one must assume at the direction of Barry. She was candid, forthcoming and outgoing in this capacity. She has no obligation to continue to be liaison to this forum unless Barry directs her to do so.

Well, no, Stu, that's the thing. If you're going to come here and cheerlead for an event, or product, or whatever, then you can't bail when things go south. If you tell everyone how great things are going to be, then you should also be able to explain why they weren't.

Lou Figueroa

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, no, Stu, that's the thing. If you're going to come here and cheerlead for an event, or product, or whatever, then you can't bail when things go south. If you tell everyone how great things are going to be, then you should also be able to explain why they weren't.

Lou Figueroa

Have I ever told you how much I hate it when I agree with you on something :)

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Well, exactly what I was alluding to Lou.

Barry walks, others drop. It doesn't make Roberta any less responsible for her pre Open posts.

But it was Barry that put them in a tight spot if they choose to comment.

If Roberta doesn't post, it does make her look like she bailed. If she does post, what kind of excuses can she make for Barry, this time or any other.

As far as anyone knows, Barry is still signing her pay checks. No pun intended there.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, exactly what I was alluding to Lou.

Barry walks, others drop. It doesn't make Roberta any less responsible for her pre Open posts.

But it was Barry that put them in a tight spot if they choose to comment.

If Roberta doesn't post, it does make her look like she bailed. If she does post, what kind of excuses can she make for Barry, this time or any other.

As far as anyone knows, Barry is still signing her pay checks. No pun intended there.

And all of that is why you cannot just repeat what others tell you. If you're going to sign up to be someone's spokesmodel you have to do your due diligence or it damages your personal credibility. Nothing worse than being the sock puppet left holding the bag...

Lou Figueroa

Banks

Banned

In one of her previous posts, she was listed as the "bookkeeper" for the event. I think it was in one of the Barry press releases that she posted.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Personally, I'm really looking forward to what Roberta has to say. For the weeks leading up to the event she was the voice of The Open.

Having been there, I must openly confess that there is nothing I enjoy more than the freundenschade of another spokesmodel standing in midst of the flames of their "fireproof house" as the embers glow brighter and brighter :)

Lou Figueroa
you go, Roberta
show me sumthin'

Aren't military PAO's "shills" who are nothing more than "mouthpieces" for the BS that the military puts out? I've seen tons of "Baghdad Bobs" over the course of my 40-something years being involved with the military (active, contractor, civil service).

As a matter of fact, my best buddy here is the PAO and he will tell you UPFRONT that 99% of the stuff he puts out is BS!

Anytime ANYBODY of importance CAN'T say it themselves, I'm a little suspect.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aren't military PAO's "shills" who are nothing more than "mouthpieces" for the BS that the military puts out? I've seen tons of "Baghdad Bobs" over the course of my 40-something years being involved with the military (active, contractor, civil service).

As a matter of fact, my best buddy here is the PAO and he will tell you UPFRONT that 99% of the stuff he puts out is BS!

Anytime ANYBODY of importance CAN'T say it themselves, I'm a little suspect.

I don't know who your buddy is (or why you're acting as his sock puppet here) but my first hand experience is that no one in USAF public affairs would say something like that. And that is based on 20 years experience, from base level to the Pentagon, state-side and overseas.

And let me remind you that Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf, Bagdad Bob," worked for one Saddam Hussein. Shame on you for comparing honorable men and women in our armed forces to a politician in Saddam's regime. Tells me all I need to know 'bout you ;-)

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa

Not so, Lou, for in the world of propaganda you are never required to speak, and we have entered the propaganda stage of US Open communications.

Yes, you can bail.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not so, Lou, for in the world of propaganda you are never required to speak, and we have entered the propaganda stage of US Open communications.

Yes, you can bail.

oh yeah. So you bail and what happens the next time you try and sell? You're damage goods and ineffectual. Credibility is a lot like virginity -- once you lose it...

Lou Figueroa