The Brass Tap

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last night I went out to kill some time and maybe play a little pool. So I go down to the Brass Tap in Raleigh and who's siting at the bar? Rodney Morris. The place was kind of dead so I pulled up a seat right next to him and start up a conversation about pool. There is another guy on the other side of Rodney who owns another bar with some tables in Raleigh. The three of us drink and chat for around an hour and a half about pool, life, cars, and all sorts of dumb shit. BY FAR the best night of pool in a long time for me. We knocked balls around for maybe ten minutes but most of the time it was drinking and BS!! PERFECT!!!!!!!! :grin::grin::grin:

gesan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thats a good deal! Rodney sounds like he's down to earth guy! I've been to Raleigh a couple of times it seems like the kinda town that folks are pretty down to earth. Hopefully it's catching on. You must be doing something right too.

simco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have not been to Brass Tap since the place changed hands.How is the equipment,
is the room being kept up? May visit for friday night tourny

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have not been to Brass Tap since the place changed hands.How is the equipment,

Nothing has changed with the equipment. The new owner has kept most of all the employees and is moving slowly and keeping the doors open..

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dan...Where are you playing in Charlotte? Sounds like you had a fun time with Rodney at the Brass Tap! Hope to see you the next time I come through!

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Hi Scott, I'm in the Raleigh area and retired now. I get to Charlotte once and a while and have some friends there. If your going to be around shoot me a pm and I'll send you my new cell number and see if we can hook up. Hope your happy and healthy!!!

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hey Simco. The next time your going to the Tap send me a PM and I'll stop by and have a beer with ya!

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The room changed hands a few months ago from Tony Coates to Rich Kuntz. Rich was one of the regulars, so I've heard not much has changed, but I don't play there so I wouldn't know the subtle changes the regulars might know of. I think Ray Martin still lives in the area and frequents the place, and still gives lessons at very reasonable rates, although I think he prefers working with fairly skilled players.

eazyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ray Martin still indeed shows up and gives lessons at an extremely fair price.
Wish i would have been there to see The rocket shoot.