Hatch to Retire Post Mosconi Cup

BassMasterK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Listened to the latest ABR podcast today and was surprised to hear Dennis say he was retiring after this Mosconi Cup, especially since he is really playing great. Does anyone know what his plans are in retirement?

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
ROCKET said the same thing last yr iirc

others who retired:

Chohan (sp?)
Morra

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Word is hes going back to boxing. Him and Conor McGregor are going to fight, if Dennis can make weight:)

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Listened to the latest ABR podcast today and was surprised to hear Dennis say he was retiring after this Mosconi Cup, especially since he is really playing great. Does anyone know what his plans are in retirement?

Retire? Heck, I didn't even know he had a job.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Bury the Hatchet?

I watched em play quite a bit at the US Open and we've be in battle and have know each other for over 30 years. If this is what he said, I might believe it after hanging with em quite a bit and comparing his game to the ''new kids'' on the block so tah speak. He may be going thru mid-life, and being sober now for probably 1,000 days, he's no longer looking thru ''rose colored glasses''. I think it might be the best thing for him, as he's still somewhat young and the timing might be right on his end for a working career. I wish em the best, as the later years in life can be very difficult, financially, emotionally, and all the rest that transpires to make oneself happy.

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool is the only job that the word "retirement" actually means getting a job. Its sad that pool cant provide a comfortable life to the top couple hundred players like golf does.

Dennis is one of the last fast and loose, fear invoking players left. Guys like him and Rodney are a dying breed. Nothing better than watching players like then getting rolling.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool is the only job that the word "retirement" actually means getting a job. Its sad that pool cant provide a comfortable life to the top couple hundred players like golf does.

Dennis is one of the last fast and loose, fear invoking players left. Guys like him and Rodney are a dying breed. Nothing better than watching players like then getting rolling.
Shaw is that style too...wonder if it comes with being a lefty...?

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Retire at 47? Must've had a good pension plan in place. Enjoy your retirement Dennis, I'm enjoying mine by playing a lot of pool and a lot of fishing !!!

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
all these years and still not rich

i offer a chance to make $1,000,0000 with a $10,000 entry fee

all the people with gamble
match up and win