Plastic for a cue window

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone have a piece of clear plastic that I could use to make a window similar to those found on Palmer and other early cues?

I need about 1 1/2 inches. The diameter could be 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 inches. They have it on Ebay but I do not need 2 feet.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

As an aside, have you, as a cuemaker, ever had a request to put cremation ashes into the butt of a cue?

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Are you looking for a tube or solid rod? I have some of both. They are both at the 1.245" dia.
Dave
20170428_131930.jpg

Last edited:

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Are you looking for a tube or solid rod? I have some of both. They are both at the 1.245" dia.
Dave
View attachment 457346[/QUOTE

probably the solid. I do not know if the tube has enough wall thickness to taper it.PM me with a price for 1 1/2 inches of the solid.

Have you used this to make a window for a cue butt?

Yes, I have used the tube....bought both to experiment and gotta say boring to size then trying to sand, and polish the Inside of it was not a good idea, using tube, the inside is already smooth and clear, and then sanding the outside to mate the other surfaces and then putting finish on it was the ticket.
Dave,
PM sent

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dave38 has donated a section of both rod and tube for me to try.

This just verifies that you can find some great folks on AZB.

A big(maybe I should have said Huuuuge!) public thank you, Dave.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FWIW, I know three professional cuemakers who either bore rod or have sanded and polished the inside of acrylic tube with complete success.

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FWIW, I know three professional cuemakers who either bore rod or have sanded and polished the inside of acrylic tube with complete success.[/QUOTe

Gary Medlin, of Gem Cues in Lake Charles, has bored and polished the rod for use as a window. I guess that is 4, now.