What's up with the cases for sale?

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
If your going to make a comment like that, don’t you think you should have some information to back it up?

Sorry, I heard a rumor and meant no hard feelings. I did recommend people watch for deals instead of buying direct, good luck with the sale if it is yours!

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Roy Malott's (IndyQ)'s cases are still owned by his family, and have not yet been sold,
or placed for sale in the marketplace.

Will Prout

runscott

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have seen an unusual number of nice tube style cases for sale recently from multiple sellers both here and on Ebay.

Thomas
GTF
Engles
Centennial
Fellini
Gore
George
More

It seems more than usual on the market.

Is there something I am unaware of going on? Is is just the holidays coming and people cleaning out their closets?

I agree with you that there are more high-quality old 1x2's on the market than ever before and I have also thought it curious, but my response has been to take advantage of the situation and buy as many as I can of the styles I have been looking for for years. These old cases are great regardless of how many of them are currently available.

Over the last few months I have bought a Fellini, Anne Gore, It's George and a Barton Hustler. I didn't really need any of them. I have also seen some beautiful Engles cases and a few other Fellinis that I have passed on. If they keep showing up I will buy even more cases that I don't need.

I have never had more empty 1x2 cases laying around than at the moment, and I will add more to my closet if they keep showing up. You all would be smart to pick up a few while they are cheap and not question the reason for it.

runscott

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Part of it could be that sellers are getting sick of dumping great cues at a loss, and would rather start parting with some of their cases. This is a tough market at the moment, and as we all know, pool players are always needing to sell stuff - it just goes with the game.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Whitten 2 x 4 I will probably sell in the next few weeks/months. I can use the money and don't really have a use for it since I sold my Varney.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been buying cases recently
I prefer 1x2 as they are easier to carry,I don't carry jump or other stuff
but i do have a few 2x4 or 2x3 cases

I saw Mike Roberts was retiring,Ron thomas seems to be phasing out
Fellini,Ann Aore ,Centennials are becoming rare

I have more cases than cues,but I expect some cues soon

pool seems to be picking up again