the best pool cue brand?

sneaky_russian

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was looking everywhere but didn't find any information about pool cue brands.So I'd like to ask you to write your opinions about "what pool cue brand is the best?".If you want to you can make "TOP 10".I'd also like to know your opinion about the best cuemakers and their prices(if it's possible).
Thanks

FSutton

Full Rack Banks only!
Silver Member
1. Searing
2. Szamboti
3. Hercek
4. Haley
5. Showman

Good luck getting any of them.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
By "brand", do you mean production cues or custom cues? The list above is custom cues.

Good production cues:

Schon
Viking
McDermott

not necessarily in that order

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I was looking everywhere but didn't find any information about pool cue brands.So I'd like to ask you to write your opinions about "what pool cue brand is the best?".If you want to you can make "TOP 10".I'd also like to know your opinion about the best cuemakers and their prices(if it's possible).
Thanks

Dennis Searing-Quality, perfection, rarity
Ron Haley-Quality, rarity, and best design(looks) IMO
John Showman-Quality, rarity, old school design
Bob Manzino-Quality, rarity, best new school design, absolutely beautiful
Barry Szamboti-Quality, rarity, Szamboti name=old school pool cues
Add 15 more names and all could be argued for top 10, this just happens to be my favorite 5. Tascarella would make my list also #6

jhendri2

Rack'em Sausage
Silver Member
I am assuming you're talking about production cues:

1 - Schon
2 - Joss
3 - Adam (Japan)
4 - Viking
5 - McDermott

If you're speaking of custom cue makers:

1 - Szamboti
2 - Hercek
3 - Szamboti
4 - Manzino
5 - Mottey
6 - White
7 - Showman
8 - Haley

This list could go on and on

Jim

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I'd also like to know your opinion about the best cuemakers and their prices(if it's possible).
Thanks

This is what I am responding to. I have NO idea about production cues.
As far as their prices.....well they are the best. $,$$$'s up to $$,$$$'s, there are cues in the $100,000 plus range.

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
You ask 100 people for their opinion, and you will probably get 100 different answers.

The problem is that what is "best" for me, may not be "best" for you.

If you are asking just for the heck of it, that's fine. If you are going to make a purchasing decision based on the results, you may or may not end up with the best cue for you.

Steve

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a McDermott man.

Well, on second thought, I have a Viking that hits very well too.

I'm on the fence with this one.

OBX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In no particular order:

Schon - outstanding stiff hit
Schuler - best joint for cue balance and best shaft tapers
McDermott - softer hit
Joss - good stiff hitting cue (especially older models)
Longoni - best wood joint and outstanding inlays

ArizonaPete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know what you mean when you say "the best" but for value, you can't beat a McDermott cue. It's a tremendous cue for the money. You can probably buy five McDermotts for what you pay for a Schon but I don't see much difference in play. But, again, it depends on you.

breakshot

Collector/Serious player
Silver Member
there are probably 100 past threads- just the same

Best cues?------The problem with threads like these is that you ( the OP ) should do a little research first. Start with a search of past threads and educate yourself and then come to the table with some questions- maby on a specific maker or a couple of makers. But, without doing any of your research- it feels like you just want to be spoon fed answers. If your serious do the work.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Best cues?------The problem with threads like these is that you ( the OP ) should do a little research first. Start with a search of past threads and educate yourself and then come to the table with some questions- maby on a specific maker or a couple of makers. But, without doing any of your research- it feels like you just want to be spoon fed answers. If your serious do the work.

Why so serious?

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member

Attachments

12.9 KB · Views: 607
Last edited:

sneaky_russian

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Take it easy!I didn't ask you in particular!If you don't want to answer just don't do it!But don't write bull----, please.If you read my question you would know that I asked people to make their "top 10" of cue brands."Just do a little research before you respond!!!"