What will be the next area in pool where the bar gets raised?

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
We've seen overall performance rise over the years in so many areas. Kicking. Jump shots. The break. Fundamentals have improved. Diet and fitness. And so on. At times it looks like the game has reached heights that can't be surpassed.

But we know that isn't the case. Somehow, someone that is either being born this year or just picking up their first cue is going to come along and find a way to take it to a new level.

How are they going to do that? What will the next generation bring that the elite players today haven't solved?

Or do you think that other than minor differences due to changing rules and equipment we've reached the limit?

magicrat69210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe combos......good thought......but I go honestly think people like efren,bustamante,strickland, ronnie Allen just to name a few have taken pool to its near limits......there will b great players but I doubt anyone will surpass those guys by more than a hair......until someone does

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watching guys like Shaw and Thorpe, I see shotmaking accuracy and ear longitude increasing dramatically.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I predict chalking the tip will rise to new levels of precision in the next few years.

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Racking

Racking ! We will see someone be able to rack without the opponent having to hawk it. No magic rack or touching the one ball. Na never mind Corey will come up with something.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm hoping somebody comes up with a synthetic tip, that actually works, and doesn't require chalk.

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Better refs.

Near perfect refereeing of the U.S. Open 9 Ball would be nice. It is our nations premier pool tournament, right?

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We've seen overall performance rise over the years in so many areas. Kicking. Jump shots. The break. Fundamentals have improved. Diet and fitness. And so on. At times it looks like the game has reached heights that can't be surpassed.

But we know that isn't the case. Somehow, someone that is either being born this year or just picking up their first cue is going to come along and find a way to take it to a new level.

How are they going to do that? What will the next generation bring that the elite players today haven't solved?

Or do you think that other than minor differences due to changing rules and equipment we've reached the limit?

Fewer self proclaimed geniuses on the side lines.

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
The bar will not be raised unless and until the rules are changed or we play a different game than 9ball.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
The bar can be raised shooting with either hands.

Efren Reyes and Ronnie O'Sullivan both shift to the other hand without hesitation. Could be a clue ..........................:cool::eek:

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
The bar will not be raised unless and until the rules are changed or we play a different game than 9ball.

Any game that can't be "won" by a lucky pot on the break
Any game that begins with a strategic break,not a hit it hard and hope something goes in break
Any game that doesn't have the word ball in it name

Is that so much to ask?

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ref break in 9 ball- ref raises 9balls about 1 foot up and drops it . 'Breaking' player shoots from the kitchen. If no ref, use some auto contraption that automatically racks and drops.:D

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aw the memories

The air barrel. Having players post has taken this highly skillful part
of the game to the point that younger players have never seen the
beauty of it when done by a true professional. Watching at true master
pull this off in a tough bar is a memory you treasure forever. If pool
makes a comeback I wouldn't be surprised to see this move soar to
new heights.
jack