Euro kids invade world pool as 16 year old Polish takes down Europe's best

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Europe is churning out next generation of world's best players .
16 year old Polish kid Wiktor Zielinski just won Treviso , a tourney that boasts 140+ of Europe's best players http://www.azbilliards.com/news/stories/13700-16-year-old-zielinski-snatches-the-title-in-treviso/

Fedor Gorst,17 just won World Junior (under 19 ) Championship, a competition that is harbinger of next generation of top players.
We know 18 year old Kaci has been making waves in past year winning couple of WPS 8B tourneys and finishing runner up at US Open. And Joshua Filler won China Open last year at 19.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Thats cool and I am looking forward to seeing these players compete in the future. I hope there are some in North America that can find a way to make the game work for them also.:cool:

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Europe is churning out next generation of world's best players .
16 year old Polish kid Wiktor Zielinski just won Treviso , a tourney that boasts 140+ of Europe's best players http://www.azbilliards.com/news/stories/13700-16-year-old-zielinski-snatches-the-title-in-treviso/

Fedor Gorst,17 just won World Junior (under 19 ) Championship, a competition that is harbinger of next generation of top players.
We know 18 year old Kaci has been making waves in past year winning couple of WPS 8B tourneys and finishing runner up at US Open. And Joshua Filler won China Open last year at 19.

Pool in Poland will probably get a little bump from having the World Games, with its 3C, snooker, and pool inclusion, held in Wroclaw earlier this year.

MeeLosh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool in Poland will probably get a little bump from having the World Games, with its 3C, snooker, and pool inclusion, held in Wroclaw earlier this year.

Nah, World Games were just a cherry on a pie, the current state of pool in Poland is the result of 20 years of focused work by Mr.Krzeminski and his staff who just made the right decisions early on and then pursued his vision. And now polish pool reaps the results of his work. ;)

JohnnyOzone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Good for them....I just hope they don't have to change any light bulbs! JUST KIDDING!!!!

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nah, World Games were just a cherry on a pie, the current state of pool in Poland is the result of 20 years of focused work by Mr.Krzeminski and his staff who just made the right decisions early on and then pursued his vision. And now polish pool reaps the results of his work. ;)

Can you give some more details?
What areas did he focus on?
I'm assuming more billiards clubs opened with memberships/coaching and tables....Then attracted the youth through the schools?
Or was it just youth tournaments that were held?
I'm also assuming there was a governing body set up and a regulated system in which the players followed. Also probably zero 7 foot tables. Kids playing on big tables from the start?

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Generally speaking his main focus was to spread pool among the kids. Also he relentlessly built connections among polititians which meant the stream of money from the government. They put pool tables into schools, they created instructional level system (club instructors, county instructors,national instructors) so pool is garanteed to be taught the same way everywhere. Lots of tournaments just for the kids so they can compete against each other. By getting kids involved they automatically got involved their parents. Most of them ordinary people but some of them influential/rich people. That way they brought the attention of sponsors and media exposure. And surely no bar tables :) The snowball got going and there is no stopping now ;)

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Generally speaking his main focus was to spread pool among the kids. Also he relentlessly built connections among polititians which meant the stream of money from the government. They put pool tables into schools, they created instructional level system (club instructors, county instructors,national instructors) so pool is garanteed to be taught the same way everywhere. Lots of tournaments just for the kids so they can compete against each other. By getting kids involved they automatically got involved their parents. Most of them ordinary people but some of them influential/rich people. That way they brought the attention of sponsors and media exposure. And surely no bar tables :) The snowball got going and there is no stopping now ;)

Very nice to hear. Thanks for the information. I'm expecting big things from team Poland at the next world cup of pool. :thumbup:

LeftyIke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It seems to me,that the European,Filipino,Taiwanese,and Chinese Young Players seem to be more fully-developed,and comfortable playing against Top competition than the next generation of American players. I believe that Pool is supported better,they train Young players better and formally(many times),and I don’t believe that there is as much Politics and favoritism as there is in the U.S. The results speak loudly.