Buying new cue stick - questions
Old
  (#1)
HaiNhi
AzB Bronze Member
HaiNhi is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

Buying new cue stick - questions - 04-14-2018, 07:19 AM

Iíve had a Player cue stick from college time, bought it for around $90 or so. It served me ok over the years playing on & off. Mostly off since I donít play a lot. Now that I owe a table, have a job and a bit of saving for toys, Iím thinking of getting a new cue stick, especially one made for carom in particular.

Iíve done some research for carom cue and run across Lagoni Cue. Looks so nice from photos, specially those $1000 and up with hard cases.

Questions:
- for those who owe one in $1k and up ranges, how and what you like about this brand?
- other than exotic wood and inlaid, is there greater value in better playability in expensive sticks?
- spending the money on these more expensive sticks because they play super (and look good at the same time) or just the look/brand/bragging right only?

I really like some of their sticks in the $1200-$1800 range, some with matching hard cases. Thatís quite a bit of money though, no matter how you look at it. Lol. I see some of the models go for $4/5/6/7k too.

Whatís other brands are comparable?

Thanks.

Old
  (#2)
Pnguyengiap
AzB Bronze Member
Pnguyengiap is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

04-15-2018, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaiNhi View Post
Iíve had a Player cue stick from college time, bought it for around $90 or so. It served me ok over the years playing on & off. Mostly off since I donít play a lot. Now that I owe a table, have a job and a bit of saving for toys, Iím thinking of getting a new cue stick, especially one made for carom in particular.

Iíve done some research for carom cue and run across Lagoni Cue. Looks so nice from photos, specially those $1000 and up with hard cases.

Questions:
- for those who owe one in $1k and up ranges, how and what you like about this brand?
- other than exotic wood and inlaid, is there greater value in better playability in expensive sticks?
- spending the money on these more expensive sticks because they play super (and look good at the same time) or just the look/brand/bragging right only?

I really like some of their sticks in the $1200-$1800 range, some with matching hard cases. Thatís quite a bit of money though, no matter how you look at it. Lol. I see some of the models go for $4/5/6/7k too.

Whatís other brands are comparable?

Thanks.
You can inbox me so I can tell you easier we are Vietnamese
Anh nhắn tin vŰ số Điện thoại của em đi em chỉ cho 571320 80 tŠm mươi

Buying new cue stick - questions
Old
  (#3)
r9ball
AzB Silver Member
r9ball has a reputation beyond reputer9ball has a reputation beyond reputer9ball has a reputation beyond reputer9ball has a reputation beyond reputer9ball has a reputation beyond reputer9ball has a reputation beyond reputer9ball has a reputation beyond reputer9ball has a reputation beyond reputer9ball has a reputation beyond reputer9ball has a reputation beyond reputer9ball has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Buying new cue stick - questions - 04-16-2018, 08:14 PM

I had Ron Kilby make a carom shaft for my South West. Price was around $125 and I am happy with the shaft. I did not want to spend hundreds on a new cue I might not like.
Having a cue maker to make a carom shaft for your playing cue could be a cheaper option. Good Luck with whatever you decide

Pool playing cue - Swiveney - A Diveney butt with a South West shaft.
3C cues- A Helmsbygoni - Old Helmstetter CCS with a Kilby or Longoni shaft.
A Divilby - Diveney butt and Kilby shaft.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: