CSI Podcast 7: Thursday, June 12, 6:00pm PST / 9:00pm EST!

CSI - Ozzy

Banned
Podcast7.jpg

If there are specific comments or suggestions that you would like us to address, please post them here. Thanks!

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I'm having a hard time hearing the last few podcasts. I do have hearing problems but everything else on line I can hear well...like the call of a Greyhound race :p. Anyone else having problems hearing the podcasts? Johnnyt

Bella Don't Cry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you have specific dates and time of:
1. When and where the Pro Players will be signing autographs?
2. When and where will the Pro Players Clinics be held?

(Obviously I know it's at The Rio, Las Vegas!) :thumbup:

Sorry if these questions have been answered previously...
...I just don't want to miss out!

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
View attachment 340723

If there are specific comments or suggestions that you would like us to address, please post them here. Thanks!

I agree with Johnnyt. The online volume seems a bit low......

TWO THOUGHTS.......

1) Can you please address (only asking for your opinion) the issue of U.S. players in Asia...
why do you feel our players don't finish high over there?

Do you think it is a factor of "culture shock," time difference, OR
do you think the quality of play is simply that much better over there?
I mean, in China there are SO MANY players (a.k.a. people), which translates into
more opportunities for better players to emerge.

2) Why does the U.S. Amateur (finals) always seem to be held on the East coast?

What say you, Mark and Ozzy????

Thanks, gents.

Last edited:

BigDeal52

Don Pearce
Silver Member
There has been some comments on this forum about a lower number of amatuer registrations for the tournament at the Rio in Las Vegas. Is that true? And if it is true why do you think that is happening?

Some folks mentioned how it is more expensive at the Rio then the Rivera. I know you all have mentioned how you have addressed that to the Hotel management and have made progress in that area in particular the food prices. It might be a good time to reiterate how things have improved over last year.

I am really looking forward to the tournament this year and am pretty confident it is going to be even better than last year.

Thanks,
Don Pearce

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This was posted in another thread - but addresses the question:

As Ozzy said, we are tracking fairly close to last year's numbers. We get a HUGE push on deadline dates and it takes a few days to go through the stacks we have in the office.

It takes some time to verify the entries and to get them processed. The final numbers wont be available for another 3 weeks or so.

We feel the move to the Rio was necessary.
Many people favor the July dates (no school, no Mother's Day conflict) etc.
There is not much difference between Mid May and Mid July weather - it is ALL too hot.
Some of the Northern climates have balked but we feel we can get them back through providing better events etc.

All pricing in Vegas is creeping up - the Rio rates are the same and we think we have some solutions for providing less expensive food options.

Last year was our first year in a new venue - we had a 73 mph storm that blew out electricity for 14 hours and had a lot of other issues that were out of our control.

We feel this year will be better than ever. The pro stuff is very exciting and actually more viable for us.

Mark Griffin

RonMason

Ron Mason
Silver Member
Has CSI ever considered having the BCAPL Championships somewhere other than Las Vegas?

Thank you,

Ron Mason

whitey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Guys,
I was wondering what the deal is with phenolic tips on break and jump cues.
Are they legal?
I remember them being banned but I thought that that ban was lifted after a year or so.
I took a gander at the CSI equipment specifications and all I found was the tip must be Leather, fibrous, or pliable.
Phenolic don’t seem to pliable to me and I can’t jam my thumb nail into it.
But then again I ain’t to none smarts! :)
Thanks,
Whitey

BJTyler

AzB Member
Silver Member
While many pool tournaments in the US (including many of those put on by CSI) are readily available through either live or ppv stream, why is it that many of the largest international events are not? (I am specifically thinking of last year's World 9ball championships) It seems that the only way to watch many of these tournaments is through some pirate internet site.

Are the barriers to entry for live streaming that high that the economics do not justify streaming a world pool championships? Or do streaming rights somehow interfere with broadcast rights? Or is it some other legal/regulatory issue?

It's kind of sad that every time I try and watch some major WPA international event, I have to make sure that my virus protection is up to date.

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Qatar have had TV coverage of every event they have promoted. It is well produced and with magazine style coverage.
But they seem to be satisfied just giving it local airings. The culture in the Middle East is very competitive. I have tried several times to acquire the rights, without success.

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
GREAT NEWS you can now watch all matches live from Qatar and it is FREE. courtesy of QBSF. It is high quality too.