Lucasi Hybrid ferrule

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
I have a customer with a cracked ferrule on a Lucasi hybrid. I have done plenty of Pred 314 stuff, but I haven't ventured into one of these yet and was wondering if there are any issues/problems with changing it out? I already have a very LD material to make the new one out of, just not sure what's under the hood when I take the old one off.
Thanks,
Dave

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe the construction is similiar to what Players use in their HXT shaft, a lightweight core around the tenon like seen on the illustration below;
lucasi-shaft-zero-flexpoint-info.jpg

And here is a picture of a HXT shaft with the ferrule removed;
20160620_174332.jpg

On the HXT shaft it was a pretty straight forward procedure, cut the old ferrule off, turn the tenon clean, make a ferrule to fit well, install, let set, face off and put on a tip. I used Devcon 2ton for the install and it has held up well in heavy use :smile:

*Thank you KJ for noticing the mistake that slipped in the original post, the ferrule is indeed uncapped and does not need a glue relief*

Last edited:

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
The ferrule appears to to be of the 'thru' type, ie, uncapped.
Why would there be need of a 'glue-relief' hole ?
Thank you much for the illustration but it's what inspired my question.
I haven't had the opportunity to replace one of these yet which is why I'm asking.

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The ferrule appears to to be of the 'thru' type, ie, uncapped.
Why would there be need of a 'glue-relief' hole ?
Thank you much for the illustration but it's what inspired my question.
I haven't had the opportunity to replace one of these yet which is why I'm asking.

You are correct, my bad :embarrassed2: I mixed it up with Predator ferrules, for those I use 0.8mm relief for the epoxy. The HXT ferrule is basically a tube around the tenon, uncapped as you mentioned.

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Thanks for the info and pictures, I wasn't sure what the stuff in the middle would do once the ferrule was cut off.
Dave

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
You are correct, my bad :embarrassed2: I mixed it up with Predator ferrules, for those I use 0.8mm relief for the epoxy. The HXT ferrule is basically a tube around the tenon, uncapped as you mentioned.

It's a good man that can admit he made a mistake. Good on you brother.