tip machine

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Is there a basic machine for doing tips?

With some kind of sturdy tool post

The drill and bearing setup I made spins fine. But flicks the razor blade, I'm finding it not very usable by hand and seems like I'm playing with fire waiting to get burned,

And that hand held thing you twist is good for Pool Cue size ferrules, that are long and straight
but leaves too much excess on my smaller carom shaft tips , that have European tapers

I'm tired of waiting around for cue guys to forget to cal me back, I need to me something running

Last edited:

captainjko

Kirk
Silver Member

The drill and bearing setup I made spins fine. But flicks the razor blade, I'm finding it not very usable by hand and seems like I'm playing with fire waiting to get burned,

And that hand held thing you twist is good for Pool Cue size ferrules, that are long and straight
but leaves too much excess on my smaller carom shaft tips , that have European tapers

I'm tired of waiting around for cue guys to forget to cal me back, I need to me something running

Willard tipping machine for tips..... Then a drill for spinning the shaft for cleaning,,, Did it that way for years... And yes, I have one for sale... $265.00 shipped in U.S.A.

Last edited:

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member

If you can trim it, a short planer blade is AWESOME for getting the tip flush with the ferrule.... I use a small piece of aluminum round to steady it, but it could be done completely by hand I would imagine...