Favorite forearm point/veneer colors - show 'em

pongohops

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the process of designing my own cue. I'm having some trouble visualizing different colors to use around the forearm points and graphics programs don't seem to help much.

So I thought I would see what some of everyone's favorite color combos are for their points to get some inspiration and some real life examples.

Forearm will be birdseye with 4 points in ebony with 4 veneer colors wrapping around them. My first thought was natural, peach/light orange, light green, black (from the inside out).

Post some of your favorite point color combos!

marknyc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of my all-time faves from my old Haley.

rh1.jpg

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Veneer colors are very important in any cue's design.
Your best shot is browsing for cue designs and saving pics of the ones you like.

Asking someone to show you the best veneer arrangement of any cues they own
is the lazy approach. I've got some handsome veneer combinations and of course,
imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, or so it's been said down thru the ages.

It takes some research and deliberation on your part but just search the cue gallery
on the Forum and you'll come up with what works best for you. Picking the veneers
on my cue was the hardest part to decide and then right after that, the best wrap to
use for both the feel of the cue stroke and the overall appearance of the design.

pongohops

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Veneer colors are very important in any cue's design.
Your best shot is browsing for cue designs and saving pics of the ones you like.

Asking someone to show you the best veneer arrangement of any cues they own
is the lazy approach. I've got some handsome veneer combinations and of course,
imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, or so it's been said down thru the ages.

It takes some research and deliberation on your part but just search the cue gallery
on the Forum and you'll come up with what works best for you. Picking the veneers
on my cue was the hardest part to decide and then right after that, the best wrap to
use for both the feel of the cue stroke and the overall appearance of the design.

Haha - trust me I do have color combos saved as well as just cues in general throughout the years. Just looking for some different ideas and maybe some not so typical combinations.

Thanks for calling me lazy though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJKeys

Sound Design
Silver Member
Another vote for classic

Black, Orange Green Natural

-dj

Attachments

• 20161229_110402.jpg
    20161229_110402.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 573

pongohops

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I suppose I should show the pictures that got me on the natural, peach/light orange, light green, black combo, but I am still undecided at the moment. I have the entire butt designed in Adobe Illustrator for those familiar with that, but printing it out flat on paper just isn't the same as far as colors go.

Here are the pictures I saved probably a few years or more ago for this purpose. I want to say this is a Richard Black, but I could very well be wrong - I just saved the it for the colors.

Attachments

• DSC00552_jpg.jpg
    DSC00552_jpg.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 576
  • DSC00553_jpg.jpg
    DSC00553_jpg.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 575

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Double green for me! My first and only custom ordered cue and I knew I wanted green veneers, still love them!

A4A7895B-702E-4E30-B54A-73C03DBE77EA.jpg

pongohops

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Double green for me! My first and only custom ordered cue and I knew I wanted green veneers, still love them!

That is sharp and the white/green spec wrap matches it perfectly. Very nice.

pongohops

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I just realized your dash ring too. I am using that in the butt of my design just thinner height-wise. When I replicated it above the wrap it didn't look right to me (on a paper printout), but looks fantastic in real life on yours. I might have to play around with that ring more on my design. The best I can do is cut the paper and wrap it around one of my cues since I made it approximately the right dimensions.

ELBeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You say there are examples here - as in different color combinations on an actual cue? I am just seeing the product/colors.
If one but clicks on the veneer color of choice, most of the colors have additional photos that show veneers in a finished cue.

trfitters

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is just something about these that make me smile.

Attachments

• CAM1.jpg
    CAM1.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 860
  • CAM2.jpg
    CAM2.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 796