Common Injuries in Billiards

Goyathlee

Are neck injuries common in Billiards players?
The MD is treating me for a compressed vertebrae in my neck which is pressing against a nerve that is causing left arm pain and tingling in my left hand.
The Dr doesn’t believe it was caused by shooting pool, but a friend on my League team is experiencing the same symptoms.

Goyatle

SmoothStroke

Swim for the win.
Silver Member
Are neck injuries common in Billiards players?
The MD is treating me for a compressed vertebrae in my neck which is pressing against a nerve that is causing left arm pain and tingling in my left hand.
The Dr doesn’t believe it was caused by shooting pool, but a friend on my League team is experiencing the same symptoms.

Goyatle
Do you wear eyeglasses?

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can definitely injure yourself if you're standing off-balance and putting extra pressure on certain body parts. If you've done your homework and you feel like your fundamentals are sound and your balance is good, then your issue may not have been caused by playing pool. However, sometimes playing can worsen an injury that's already there.

Toxictom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wear glasses and I think some of the neck problems I've been experiencing are from having to crank my neck vertical to see out of my glasses. I've also had some tingling and numbness in one hand. Doctor said pinched nerve and wrote me a prescription for physical therapy. I haven't gone. But I did get some snooker glasses that have helped my shooting tremendously. It's like a whole new world not having to lift your head to look through the glasses. The achy neck problem has lessened also. If you wear glasses and have neck pain try getting a pair of billiard glasses. I got mine through Spex4less.com. They are in Great Britain but are much cheaper than some of the other billiard glasses providers.