Ivory? Cue ball

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
After more than half a year, maybe time for clues. Clues are there. Figure it out, search...

All the best,
WW

Attachments

• Faux Ivory Cue Ball.jpg
    Faux Ivory Cue Ball.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 275
  • Faux Ivory Cue Ball Full Size.jpg
    Faux Ivory Cue Ball Full Size.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 271

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
It's getting a bit close to the year mark., Still, nobody else wants to admit the original post is faux ivory?

I'll get back to you when it's a year.

All the best,
WW

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone that has any experience with ivory will have doubts the cue ball was indeed ivory.
If someone wants to believe that this is ivory, good for them. Everyone is entitled to think
whatever but if you're going to spend money to get this, be prepared for a disappointment.

Matt B.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
It's getting a bit close to the year mark., Still, nobody else wants to admit the original post is faux ivory?

I'll get back to you when it's a year.

All the best,
WW

I just found this thread and have to agree with you.

However, that cue ball is awesome and I would buy it

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
I’m sure it’s been said but testing ivory is as simple as touching it with a hot needle...any man made object will tell the tale

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Anyone that has any experience with ivory will have doubts the cue ball was indeed ivory.
If someone wants to believe that this is ivory, good for them. Everyone is entitled to think
whatever but if you're going to spend money to get this, be prepared for a disappointment.

Matt B.

Matt,

I think you might be surprised about this one.
This is a high quality ivory ball......

Will Prout

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
I could be the ignorant one of the thread but every single ivory cue ball doesnt have to be so old as to have highly visible grain...does it :confused: Ivory is not hard to get, and anyone with a lathe and common sense could turn one out. I have had dozens of ivory ferrule shafts that a lot of cue gurus would swear was not ivory if I posted pictures of them. Same with buttcaps, joints and inlays.

Nothing for or against the OP just throwing out there the fact that all things considered...must be considered :wink: