Question about a Valley Table

irock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just bought a used Valley Table today, I notice they have screws holding on the corner pocket liners, and the balls are nicked up, is this the way the liners are suppose to be held on? Thanks for any help.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just bought a used Valley Table today, I notice they have screws holding on the corner pocket liners, and the balls are nicked up, is this the way the liners are suppose to be held on? Thanks for any help.

Mine has covers.

83d97dbe432e0bcec1f62184d7671809.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mike81

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I had this exact issue. I don’t know how handy you are but what i did was tapped the existing holes with a 10/32 tap and ordered plastic 10/32 screws about 3/8 long and held the pocket liners on that way. Just open the holes up on the liners to accept the screws. You’ll need a shorter tap (make sure it’s new and sharp),small tap holder , patience, and a little cutting oil. If you don’t feel comfortable doing this then don’t, if you break a tap in that hole you’ll be pissed.!

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cheap fixes

I have two Valleys, I super glued plastic inserts on top of the screws, easily cut off when it time to re-felt. I recently tried Flex-Seal, not sure yet. I brought a can and lightly covered the screw heads, so far so good, but its early.

irock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you guys so much for the help, all good suggestions, I am going to get the push in screw tabs today and try it first, thanks again for the awesome suggestions.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

I highly recommend using the the proper fastener, on the older model valley a spiral shank nail that is designed for that table castings, if the hole has become enlarged from neglect of hack maintenance you can use a desired size piece of solid copper wire to fill the void by inserting the wire in the hole them installing the nail.
The older valley pocket liner nail has a rounded head that causes no damage to the balls. I’ll dig one out and post a picture of the nail.

Rob.M