Beating a player on drugs...

Killer Miller

LM Cues
Silver Member
So I'm looking for some serious feedback (save the smart ass remarks for yourself). It's not to hard to see the players who disappear during a tournament, ring game or gambling who come back pumped up, focused and firing in balls with a vengeance. Here lately I've noticed that they are so amped up, they need alcohol to level out the anxiety/ restlessness or whatever they are experiencing. Someone out there surely has figured out a way to combat these players who I think have the advantage over players who aren't on drugs.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:frown:

I don't think drugs are making people play better.

I think it is a mental thing and now they got into your head.

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
Sounds like your players are on some form of upper. From meth to Adderal, it's all the same. Pool players been on it since the 50's probably. Used to call it desoxin, West coast turn arounds, black Molly, etc.. It does seem to be more rampant these days. Run into it everywhere you go. Sometimes they don't miss, but imo their strategy goes to shit. It can be hard to fade. My advice, if you suspect it, and then doubt your ability to win, stear clear. You're going into the game thinking your already at a disadvantage, and therefore, you most likely will be :thumbup:.

Last edited:

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
:frown:

I don't think drugs are making people play better.

I think it is a mental thing and now they got into your head.

You've never seen a good player on meth then. Greg Big Train Steven's comes to mind, along with plenty of others. Some would have never played to the level they did, without it imo. You can get it prescribed these days though, especially if say you were a pro and had a few connects. There are a few we see quite regularly on streams, that I would bet even money, they are on one of the many.
For the record, some people on it, are chill as a cucumber and you would never know. Others get geetered out (Country Calvin), and you can spot em a mile away.

Killer Miller

LM Cues
Silver Member
Well during a ring game or tournament I won't give up the game. I'm not mentally beat, I just want to find a way to shut him down. I know, I know run out, don't let him back to the table.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I don't like losing to players that need crutches...whether it's drugs, booze, sharking, or
whistling in the dark......so I tend not to....gotta YUGE winning record in this spot.

I've played a few guys that took stuff to make the pockets look big.....
....I'd stick 'em on the end rail or behind balls till it wore off.

Chemical warfare ended a lot of pool careers, for the user.

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You've never seen a good player on meth then. Greg Big Train Steven's comes to mind, along with plenty of others. Some would have never played to the level they did, without it imo. You can get it prescribed these days though, especially if say you were a pro and had a few connects. There are a few we see quite regularly on streams, that I would bet even money, they are on one of the many.
For the record, some people on it, are chill as a cucumber and you would never know. Others get geetered out (Country Calvin), and you can spot em a mile away.

Where do you get a doctor to write a script for methamphetamine?

JasBy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played a guy in leagues that was hopped up on something unknown, to the point where he couldn't stand still - he was jumping up and down in place. I played as slow as I possibly could, and when he would get to shoot he was so impatient he would miss. YMMV.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
I didn't know it was that close...thanks.

Scary isn't it. Does the same thing too, just a whole lot cleaner.
It's being prescribed to millions of kids every yr :rolleyes:.
Big pharma has become a machine that is almost unstoppable.
And 1 molecule doesn't mean shit really. Water is H2O, Hydrogen Peroxide is H202. One you can drink, the other would dissolve you instantly for the most part.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Been around forever. In my day they were taking White Crosses by the handful (Louie), Black Beauties (Hippy Jimmy) and the white powder (The Hook). They might not miss a ball for a few hours but if you could fade it, they would get weak when it started to wear off. Problem was, they always needed more.

I took a white cross once and shot real straight but wasn't thinking right for One Pocket, going for shots I should pass on. That was the only time I tried it, played on the natch after that. Of course when I was young (20's and 30's) I could play all day and all night if need be. The biggest problem was you often had to keep playing until the other guy said quit. You knew going in you had to bust the guy (plus win an air game) to get the money. :wink:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been around forever. In my day they were taking White Crosses by the handful (Louie), Black Beauties (Hippy Jimmy) and the white powder (The Hook). They might not miss a ball for a few hours but if you could fade it, they would get weak when it started to wear off. Problem was, they always needed more.

I took a white cross once and shot real straight but wasn't thinking right for One Pocket, going for shots I should pass on. That was the only time I tried it, played on the natch after that. Of course when I was young (20's and 30's) I could play all day and all night if need be. The biggest problem was you often had to keep playing until the other guy said quit. You knew going in you had to bust the guy (plus win an air game) to get the money. :wink:

Damn, helfert. For a guy that seems to know a lot about pool, you forgot one of the basics: never take a 9 ball pill for a one pocket game.
:rotflmao1::rotflmao1:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh...there is a real good chance the guys in my avatar were machine-heading at the time.

Their album, Land Speed Record weren't about no salt flats.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
So I'm looking for some serious feedback (save the smart ass remarks for yourself). It's not to hard to see the players who disappear during a tournament, ring game or gambling who come back pumped up, focused and firing in balls with a vengeance. Here lately I've noticed that they are so amped up, they need alcohol to level out the anxiety/ restlessness or whatever they are experiencing. Someone out there surely has figured out a way to combat these players who I think have the advantage over players who aren't on drugs.

sloooooooooooooooooooow down, drives em nutz

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
I can't believe anyone can play their best game on drugs.

No matter what kind.

I had a prescription I took once every two months, for years. I noticed a pattern of competence on the table related to it. Rt after I got it I had about a 7-10 day drop, then it evened out and about 7-10 days from taking again, I would play my best.

I don't mind playing ppl on whatever as long as they're not beligerant. I feel I have an advantage rt off.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't see why no one has tried to actually prove or disprove that one can play better while under the influence.

Someone that owns a table should set up a camera at their house, and record the following while sober.

1. Dr. Dave's BU Exam.
2. A race to 9 vs the 9 Ball Ghost.

Then over the course of x days, do the same thing but under the influence of a different drug each day. Start with alcohol. Beer the first night. Then liquor. Then both.

After alcohol, move on to marijuana and other drugs.

We'd probably need quite a few participants to get a bigger sample size.