Objective v/s Subjective aiming

tonythetiger583

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I knew from the very first post you were leading to this down the road and said so.

Another back door attempt at a smack down on CTE and trying to BAIT Stan back into the fray for more of your harassment.

And I got warned for it by Wilson. Thanks for proving me right and where you're coming from.

Lets hear the innocence involved with no intention of harm as you always do.

[/YOUR QUOTE EARLIER: "As I've said to you before, I don't discuss CTE anymore because you've said all you are going to say until your book comes out."

BAITING AT IT'S FINEST BY DAN WHITE.
B]

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?!?

Geez, it's a legitimate question. learn how to have a proper discussion because you're debating skills are terrible.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?!?

Geez, it's a legitimate question. learn how to have a proper discussion because you're debating skills are terrible.

It wasn't addressed to YOU as a question by Dan White. It should have been addressed to MOHRT. It was addressed to STAN, He's back to BAITING STAN and calling CTE a hoax in the same breath.

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.

Haven't you noticed that Stan has been completely out of the conversation and not posting at all with Brian or anyone and vice versa which I helped to occur for more peace?

Go right ahead and post back to him, but open your eyes first and see it for what it was as Dan White posted it. Where was YOUR name or MOHRT'S in his post or is your name or MOHRT'S name really STAN instead of TONY or MOHRT?

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Is it too hard to report a post and I'll decide if someone is out of line?

You're right, but since it's out in the open now would you consider it to be out of line for BAITING? You did give Dan a one day BAN as a warning for it with more in the future if done again.

I know for a fact STAN doesn't appreciate it. Whether your answer is "yes" or "no" it may give some indication of the parameters for baiting.

I'll do what you said about reporting it in the future and learn to do it since it's not in my nature to be a whining cry baby tattle tail even though the alternative is to get into more trouble.

Last edited:

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
I got a tip on this comment that is a good catch.

A regulation 1x2 table is 50 x 100 inches. If you remove 1/2 a ball diameter from all sides, the resulting rectangle is no longer 1x2. You would have to remove twice the length from the long direction in order to preserve the 1x2 playing surface. So your explanation is wrong unless CTE now works on a table that is not 1x2.

What's the real answer, Stan?

The table is still visually 2x1. You can't see the gutters. It's always the outer CB surface (edge) that touches the rails, and the CB center/core that is synonymous to the gutters.

The system takes you to 90s. You are never aiming AT an imaginary target in the pocket.

Last edited:

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
You're right, but since it's out in the open now would you consider it to be out of line for BAITING? You did give Dan a one day BAN as a warning for it with more in the future if done again.

I know for a fact STAN doesn't appreciate it. Whether your answer is "yes" or "no" it may give some indication of the parameters for baiting.

I'll do what you said about reporting it in the future and learn to do it since it's not in my nature to be a whining cry baby tattle tail even though the alternative is to get into more trouble.

My determinations will be case by case.

I'm sure you see the post is still there and I didn't ban him.

The baiting goes both ways though. Your actions toward him are contrary to my instructions to participate to the conversation in a constructive manner ONLY.

Any questions?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

The baiting goes both ways though. Your actions toward him are contrary to my instructions to participate to the conversation in a constructive manner ONLY.

Any questions?

No questions but I got all of my answers directly as well as indirectly.

Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

I'm sure there are the same questions for Poolology, but at least that system relies on slop in the pocket. It would still be interesting to understand what happens at the pocket opening for Poolology. Probably playing around with the angles on a CAD program would show what happens.

In Poolology the system is in tune with the center of the pocket (where the gutters meet) on shots where the OB ball is straight-on with a full pocket. As the OB position moves left of the pocket, the shot is targeted for the right facing. And when the OB position moves toward the right of the pocket, the shot gets more directed to the left cushion facing.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If a 1/2 half ball hit is 28 degrees and the shot is setup such that that 28 degree hit puts the OB path over the mid point of the arch in the slate for the pocket opening, how can you hit at say 30 degrees, no spin, nothing on the CB, and the OB still roll over that mid point on the arch?

1/2 ball hits aren't real, brah. What are you yapping about?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The table is still visually 2x1. You can't see the gutters. It's always the outer CB surface (edge) that touches the rails, and the CB center/core that is synonymous to the gutters.

The system takes you to 90s. You are never aiming AT an imaginary target in the pocket.

I dunno, mohrt, it sounds sketchy, but that's OK. I'm not sure what happens at the pocket with Poolology either, and I think it takes some time on a CAD program to figure it out. CTE just sounds a little vague to say the system puts the ob at the center of the pocket vs putting it at the intersection of the rails. They are not the same thing and I've never seen anyone break it down into what is actually happening at the pocket.

If CTE sends the ob to the center of the pocket opening, depending on where the ob is (except for rail shots), then it might be better to say that rather than saying it sends the ob to the intersection of the rails.

Also, while we are on the subject, Brian shows a video above where he blocks half the pocket and then pockets a ball by squeezing it by in the right half of the pocket. In CTE, where the ball is sent to the center of the pocket opening, how do you adjust so that you can pass by the interfering ball. i.e. how do you cheat pockets with CTE?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1/2 ball hits aren't real, brah. What are you yapping about?

Like duckie said, I think it is just a difference in terminology. You are saying you need to overcut the ball in order to make it go center pocket. He is saying that an overcut will, by definition, overcut the ball and send it to the thin side of the pocket, or even miss on the thin side. Undercutting, by definition, would undercut the shot and send the ob to the fat side or miss on the fat side of the pocket. I tend to agree with duckie on this one.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Any questions?

Mr. Wilson,

If one were to reread my last recent group of posts, I have shared some good info! It is a known by most that I am not going to divulge everything at this juncture but rather the critical info at about my book release time. I have temporarily stopped sharing for two main reasons:
When I do share good info, there is very little support for it and the ones that are on the other side of the coin NEVER accept anything that I offer. It is always negative. And then there is BAITING.....It's a fairly constant drip drip drip when I bow out for a spell. I just want to convey one thing, I am tired of the tag team antics against me and my work.... I am so tired of it that my best option for keeping my sanity is to try and not engage whether for offering info and I have certainly learned my lesson about BAITING......My probability of answering baited posts has dropped to zero. I am putting the umero uno culprit on notice that I will never answer to one his baits.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
I dunno, mohrt, it sounds sketchy, but that's OK. I'm not sure what happens at the pocket with Poolology either, and I think it takes some time on a CAD program to figure it out. CTE just sounds a little vague to say the system puts the ob at the center of the pocket vs putting it at the intersection of the rails. They are not the same thing and I've never seen anyone break it down into what is actually happening at the pocket.

If CTE sends the ob to the center of the pocket opening, depending on where the ob is (except for rail shots), then it might be better to say that rather than saying it sends the ob to the intersection of the rails.

Also, while we are on the subject, Brian shows a video above where he blocks half the pocket and then pockets a ball by squeezing it by in the right half of the pocket. In CTE, where the ball is sent to the center of the pocket opening, how do you adjust so that you can pass by the interfering ball. i.e. how do you cheat pockets with CTE?

Stan posted something about cheating the pocket just a few days ago. He was using a 2 1/2" pocket even. How do you cheat? I think you can think for yourself how to make adjustments to any given shot. I suppose a bit of TOI could work, as well as pure feel. Stan has often stated as you go away from center ball, the shot goes further into the realm of "iffy". I think that would include pocket cheating.

Last edited:

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Why even ask a question like that if your intention is not to find fault and baiting? As you well know, this has been covered and answered many times on here. And, the answer is so obvious that one has to wonder why any pool player would even ask such a question.

If you know exactly how to get to center pocket, then all you have to do is adjust from that aim line just a little to get to a slightly different spot. Nothing hard about it. Nothing that hasn't been covered before.

Very strange how those that haven't even worked with CTE enough to be able to use it feel the need, or arrogance, to state how things should be named about CTE.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Neil and bieber: How long do I have to ignore your posts for you to realize that I really don't care what you have to say. You already said everything you seem to know like a year ago. My interest in CTE is nearly zero until Stan's book comes out. At the same time, if I am interested in something that might just happen to be related to CTE then I might actually want to discuss it.

You can continue to insult me and try to set me off as you have been doing for a long time, and probably will not get in trouble with it. In any event, any insults from here on out will be reported to Mr. Wilson, who may or may not care. It's for you to find out.

My apologies to Mr. Wilson for bothering you with this crap, but at some point the jabs and insults have to stop.

This is hopefully my last word on the personal attacks and fake claims of "baiting." I mean, come on guys.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan posted something about cheating the pocket just a few days ago. He was using a 2 1/2" pocket even. How do you cheat? I think you can think for yourself how to make adjustments to any given shot. I suppose a bit of TOI could work, as well as pure feel. Stan has often stated as you go away from center ball, the shot goes further into the realm of "iffy". I think that would include pocket cheating.

OK, that's fine. I don't ever recall Stan saying you have to use feel with CTE to make a shot that is not dead center pocket, but apparently he has. Some of your compatriots keep saying I know nothing about CTE, but then when I ask a reasonable question, they shout that it's obvious and I already know that and therefore I am baiting Stan. lol

So anyway, mohrt, thank you for the straight answer.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Neil and bieber: How long do I have to ignore your posts for you to realize that I really don't care what you have to say. You already said everything you seem to know like a year ago. My interest in CTE is nearly zero until Stan's book comes out. At the same time, if I am interested in something that might just happen to be related to CTE then I might actually want to discuss it.

You can continue to insult me and try to set me off as you have been doing for a long time, and probably will not get in trouble with it. In any event, any insults from here on out will be reported to Mr. Wilson, who may or may not care. It's for you to find out.

My apologies to Mr. Wilson for bothering you with this crap, but at some point the jabs and insults have to stop.

This is hopefully my last word on the personal attacks and fake claims of "baiting." I mean, come on guys.

Hi Dan,

Care to guess how many of your posts out of the last 100 have NOT been related to CTE?

If it's an insult to point out that you have severe emotional issues and are incapable of letting things go, then by all means, report me.

I'll serve my "time" for speaking the truth.

g'day

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
Mr. Wilson,

If one were to reread my last recent group of posts, I have shared some good info! It is a known by most that I am not going to divulge everything at this juncture but rather the critical info at about my book release time. I have temporarily stopped sharing for two main reasons:
When I do share good info, there is very little support for it and the ones that are on the other side of the coin NEVER accept anything that I offer. It is always negative. And then there is BAITING.....It's a fairly constant drip drip drip when I bow out for a spell. I just want to convey one thing, I am tired of the tag team antics against me and my work.... I am so tired of it that my best option for keeping my sanity is to try and not engage whether for offering info and I have certainly learned my lesson about BAITING......My probability of answering baited posts has dropped to zero. I am putting the umero uno culprit on notice that I will never answer to one his baits.

Stan Shuffett

I agree.

The baiting will stop. I'm not going to sift through every possible contextual meaning of every sentence to find bait though.
If you feel there is a trick, don't answer for sure as that is always a prerogative.

I expect the discussions to be on topic and constructive in nature.