Old
  (#136)
Logdog
AzB Silver Member
Logdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-05-2017, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureman183 View Post
just returned from International Cue Collectors Show in Vegas, there was many collections w/ ivory in cues Don
Thanks again to everyone for taking the time to respond to my ivory question. I am glad there have been no problems for people visiting/selling at cue shows

Old
  (#137)
Logdog
AzB Silver Member
Logdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond reputeLogdog has a reputation beyond repute

09-18-2017, 12:10 PM

I wanted to ask about something one of the people in this forum said to me in an earlier post regarding my question about taking my cue to a cue show. He said the following....

"05carbondrz March 18, 2017
...... and attendees are not supposed to shop Cues around,Only Dealers who pay for a Spot."

Is this the actual state of affairs right now? I would have thought that dealers would like people bringing their cue to a show and offering it for sale. When I was a coin dealer a good portion of the business I did at coin shows was buying coins from the attendees walking around with their coins.

If this is the case then I will abandon my thoughts of attending an upcoming show. Thanks in advance for all the great advice I have received from this forum.

Old
  (#138)
thepavlos
AzB Gold Member
thepavlos has a reputation beyond reputethepavlos has a reputation beyond reputethepavlos has a reputation beyond reputethepavlos has a reputation beyond reputethepavlos has a reputation beyond reputethepavlos has a reputation beyond reputethepavlos has a reputation beyond reputethepavlos has a reputation beyond reputethepavlos has a reputation beyond reputethepavlos has a reputation beyond reputethepavlos has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2425

09-18-2017, 12:26 PM

Shopping one cue around is perfectly fine and acceptable. Shopping a group of cues to attendees as opposed to the dealers who paid to be there is where things go south.

"Make up your mind and do what I tell you" - My Father

Brain: Are you naturally that stupid Pinky?
Pinky: Oh no Brain, I practice, all day ... all night

RESULTS NOT TYPICAL... INDIVIDUAL RESULTS MAY VARY

Old
  (#139)
Logdog
AzB Silver Member

09-19-2017, 10:38 AM

That makes more sense. I was hoping to be able to show the cue to several people in person at one time which seemed like an efficient way to get some exposure and maybe make a deal

Old
  (#140)
runscott
AzB Silver Member
runscott has a reputation beyond reputerunscott has a reputation beyond reputerunscott has a reputation beyond reputerunscott has a reputation beyond reputerunscott has a reputation beyond reputerunscott has a reputation beyond reputerunscott has a reputation beyond reputerunscott has a reputation beyond reputerunscott has a reputation beyond reputerunscott has a reputation beyond reputerunscott has a reputation beyond repute

09-19-2017, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batalarms View Post
I still say that anyone that walks away from $13,500.00 is greedy and foolish.I have seen this happen before.It happened to me with a Burton Spain cue as well as a Bushka.I was offered a good price,I passed and then years later it was ignored and not even an offer was made.Ever heard that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush?Just saying .Good luck .BTW,a nice Gus just sold on the Bay for ,$7,100.00.
Marc
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins View Post
It wasn't a Szamboti it was a Balabushka with a non veneered Gus Szamboti prong... $7100 seems right for that cue and it's condition IMO...
That's a phenomenon of the internet - if people see the same item for sale for too long of a period, it loses value as they feel that if others aren't biting, then it must not be worth that much. I remember a couple of loaded cocobola Herceks ten years ago that sat around at a very low price for ages. I wanted to buy one of them, but I wondered if something wasn't wrong with them. Now they are long off the market and I'm sure their value is right where it should be.

If you are either buying or selling, you HAVE to know what the item is worth, or you need to consign it to someone who does. The cue market is not all that great at the moment for high-end vintage, so if you don't like the current market value, just wait.

Gus Szamboti 70's
Old
  (#141)
sureman183
Got "Boti's" ??
sureman183 has a reputation beyond reputesureman183 has a reputation beyond reputesureman183 has a reputation beyond reputesureman183 has a reputation beyond reputesureman183 has a reputation beyond reputesureman183 has a reputation beyond reputesureman183 has a reputation beyond reputesureman183 has a reputation beyond reputesureman183 has a reputation beyond reputesureman183 has a reputation beyond reputesureman183 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Gus Szamboti 70's - 09-19-2017, 12:27 PM

Logdog, bring it to the Derby City Classic. it is safe there. i have 3 Guz's, a Barry, maybe 2. Sure Man Cues both. would love to see it. might be able to help you out. regards, Don Sherman.... sureman183

SURE - MAN CUES

SERVING YOU FOR OVER 30 YEARS

PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT: suremancues77@gmail.com

CALL DON AT 989-305-6454

COMING SOON ***NEW WEBSITE***

Old
  (#142)
Logdog
AzB Silver Member

09-26-2017, 07:15 PM

That's only about 4 months from now and not that far from me so there is a good chance I will make it. Thanks for the advice

Page 10 of 10 « First 8910

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: