New home for the USBA Nationals Gabriels tables

kilby

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have completed the installation of the 8 Gabriels Elements tables in their new home, the Medford Oregon Elks Lodge. We hope to see many of you in the near future.

Attachments

• IMG_0456.JPG
    IMG_0456.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 495
  • IMG_0458.JPG
    IMG_0458.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 508
  • Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 468
Last edited:

ProfessorQBall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
8 New Elements Gabriels 3-Cushion Tables

Ron, my hats off to you on the hard work that you did setting up 8 new Gabriels tables. I know now the players will enjoy playing on them.

nkvilliecues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ONCE I PASSED BY MEDFORD going north on THE FIVE to see TT in PORTLAND.....I think 1995......and I almost stopped in for a day or two but instead pressed on.....going over that pass from YERKA down into the valley is a ***** if you are a stranger to the hood and got a heavy load..

GOOD JOB RON.......will be out there to try to make a point before I die

AND OF COURSE SALUTE TO TALL THE UNKNOWN ELKS OUT THERE ALSO

AND SORRY.....I wud rather be in BEND..........

nkvilliecues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ron, my hats off to you on the hard work that you did setting up 8 new Gabriels tables. I know now the players will enjoy playing on them.

AND WHEN THEY NEED TO BE RE-HABBED THEY OF COURSE NEED TO BRING YURA RA OUT FOR THAT EVENT which he cud probably do in FIVE days and because he loves the game so much would probably do it for PEANUTS.....JMHO.......

kilby

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, Dennis, but I've been doing the job for 40 years -- can probably handle it....

dogloose

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Ron... Doug Deitel here... Congrats on those tables... I played on them in the nationals. Had no idea you were also a billiard table mechanic.

Your Tour Companion 3-piece cue continues to turn heads. In February I played with it at Rockefellers Billiards in Bogota, Colombia... Hope to meet you personally and play at Medford Elks some day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

crappie

Registered
new home for USBA nationals Gabriels tables

Ron,

The tables look great as usual you have done a great job setting them up.

If it was not for you and members like Don Dayan, Dick Meyer and many more the Medford tournaments would not be as enjoyable as they are.

Looking forward to Sept.

Your Friend
Crappie

Bob Lichtenberger

fasteddief

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Medford

Hi Doug, when you were at Valley Forge the cue I lent you was a Ron Kilby cue . I hope to see you at Medford.

nkvilliecues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, Dennis, but I've been doing the job for 40 years -- can probably handle it....

YOU ARE A MAN OF MANY TALENTS......did not realize your experience with tables.......what i the weather like in JAN/FEB in the MED ????
The pic was taken in NYC at the USBA Nationals that was held at MASTER's BILLIARDS......I am sure you recognize the long time ELK in the middle of the pic, may he RIP

Attachments

• GILBERT IMAGE SEARCH  27 MAY 2012 (18).jpg
    GILBERT IMAGE SEARCH 27 MAY 2012 (18).jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 420

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
was this a 1 time event or are the 8 tables still there
and whats the difference in an elements table and the imperator

Azazello

Registered
Jeez Ron,

8 carom tables in Medford, OR ? That must be one helluva a 3-cushion town. How big is Medford anyway ? That's more tables than we have in Tucson with a metro of over 1 million.

kilby

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The tables from the Medford lodge are now in the Ashland lodge, about ten miles away. The Medford lodge lost its charter through political bumbling, but the game is alive and well in Southern Oregon. The Elements table is their commercial room table and a good one, though working on them is a crew job, not just one or two people.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
The tables from the Medford lodge are now in the Ashland lodge, about ten miles away. The Medford lodge lost its charter through political bumbling, but the game is alive and well in Southern Oregon. The Elements table is their commercial room table and a good one, though working on them is a crew job, not just one or two people.

if the elements table is a crew job for working on them I don't want to be part of THAT team
I helped Yura and his helper remove the 2-3/8 thick slate from his van and lug them up on my imperator table when he installed it, all 3 pieces and only managed to smash my hand once