GoPlayPool US Pool Rooms Directory Sponsored by AZ Billiards

GoPlayPool

Search. Find. Play.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Finally...

It has been 5 years since we first introduced GoPlayPool to the world. Since then, we've done a lot to improve what we offer!

If you haven't had a chance to look at our new system, please do.
You can search for locations, find out about table sizes and brands, tournament/league availability, age limitations, amenities, food and alcohol info, entertainment, details about other games and much more!

The search engine helps you filter through locations depending on what you're looking for.

Yes, there will be missing information and incomplete profiles and we are hoping with the help of the public, the business owners and management, we can keep the platform updated and current. We're constantly working to ensure it's as updated as possible.

Very minimal advertising, no pop ups and no "forced" logins allows users to cruise through the system as they please. They also include our high traffic "flyers" section and "GoPlayPool 101"!

GoPlayPool platforms are 100% free to use!

In the works: GPS functionality and zip code search as well as coupons/discounts sections and much more...

We truly appreciate your input, your edits/adds and keeping the platform updated!
If you're a pool hall, bar, club or any other type of business with pool tables, get in touch with us to find out about our incredible memberships and promotional options. If you're interested in advertising on the GoPlayPool systems, visit our website at www.GoPlayPool.com

Enjoy....
Now let's Search, Find and Go Play Pool!

201709azbforum.png

GoPlayPool

Search. Find. Play.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Latest update!

2nd UPDATE to the original Post:

All zip codes finalized and as promised, "Nearby Search" is now available both on the desktop/mobile and The App.
Much Easier to find locations and listings close to where you are.

Featured Rooms section is also added to The App.
It is also on the Home page(desktop/mobile)
Check it out and do share...
:):):)

Coming up next is:
GoDeal$ section for pool rooms, bars, taverns and sports bars also for vendors, partners and advertisers.
They post discounts, coupons and specials and end users take advantage of it...

Thanks everyone for the support as always and don't forget to rate the app, if you get a chance.
:grin::grin::grin:

Here is the options you have and what it all looks like:
20171122azbforum.png

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's amazing to me, is that after 5 years you still don't have any of the main poolrooms in Orlando on your list...like Cuephoria for example. What's up with that?

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

2nd UPDATE to the original Post:

All zip codes finalized and as promised, "Nearby Search" is now available both on the desktop/mobile and The App.
Much Easier to find locations and listings close to where you are.

Featured Rooms section is also added to The App.
It is also on the Home page(desktop/mobile)
Check it out and do share...
:):):)

Coming up next is:
GoDeal$ section for pool rooms, bars, taverns and sports bars also for vendors, partners and advertisers.
They post discounts, coupons and specials and end users take advantage of it...

Thanks everyone for the support as always and don't forget to rate the app, if you get a chance.
:grin::grin::grin:

Here is the options you have and what it all looks like:
20171122azbforum.png

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
It has been 5 years since we first introduced GoPlayPool to the world. Since then, we've done a lot to improve what we offer!

If you haven't had a chance to look at our new system, please do.
You can search for locations, find out about table sizes and brands, tournament/league availability, age limitations, amenities, food and alcohol info, entertainment, details about other games and much more!

When and where were you when you dreamed up this Go Play Pool?

GoPlayPool

Search. Find. Play.
Gold Member
Silver Member
What's amazing to me, is that after 5 years you still don't have any of the main poolrooms in Orlando on your list...like Cuephoria for example. What's up with that?

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Hi Scott:

I am sorry you couldn't find it on our system.
The Zip code search works based on Google maps. Google has changed its meshing system. so, if you don't have the correct city, it will not map it for you on our app. Therefore we are forced to use the city which Google Maps considers the pool room to be located in based on postal zip code.

Cue-Phoria Billiards is listed in Winter Park based on Google maps.

To make things easier for everyone, we have allowed three options:
1. Zip Code search
2. State and then "room search" so you can skip city and search for your favorite room.
3. State and city search

We don't expect people or traveling players or just a common app user to have all the room names and the city they are located in memorized, so we created the options above!

Also the directory is presented 100% free.
we have an add/edit option for all users. If you do feel like any rooms are still missing, please don't hesitate to email us the name of the room and/or if you are kind enough to use the add/edit option on the directory to add it yourself.
We get about 3-5 adds and edits daily, which is exciting to see the pool community is helping us keep the directory fresh, updated and free!

We hope that has answered your question.
Any other questions, please email us: info@goplaypool.com

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
Not sure we understand the question.
Do elaborate please!
:) :)

Originally Posted by Floyd_M View Post
When (did you come up with Go Play Pool concept)
and where were you (location, State? Town?) when you dreamed up this Go Play Pool?

I'll add one more question, whom did you speak to when you got this idea?

GoPlayPool

Search. Find. Play.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Originally Posted by Floyd_M View Post
When (did you come up with Go Play Pool concept)
and where were you (location, State? Town?) when you dreamed up this Go Play Pool?

I'll add one more question, whom did you speak to when you got this idea?

Originally the idea was the Founder's idea, Mary Ann Starkey.
The idea was put together after visiting local pool rooms in the Riverside County, CA.
The idea was put into a business plan April 2010!
I hope you don't need my shoe size next! :grin::grin::grin:

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
Originally the idea was the Founder's idea, Mary Ann Starkey.
The idea was put together after visiting local pool rooms in the Riverside County, CA.
The idea was put into a business plan April 2010!
I hope you don't need my shoe size next! :grin::grin::grin:

Shoe size only matters to clowns. The larger the funnier, especially when they lean forward and kiss the floor.
. . . ANYWAYS....
My inquire was that I started NEARLY the exact same thing in the mid-90's where players send in their listing of pool playing places. I was listing the establishments NAME - ADDY - #Tables - FOOD - ETC.. But (always a but somewhere) at that early stages of the Internet, it didn't get much response so I dropped paying for that expensive website, it just wasn't panning out.
I DO WISH YOU ALL THE LUCK yours grows. ;)

GoPlayPool

Search. Find. Play.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for your input!

Shoe size only matters to clowns. The larger the funnier, especially when they lean forward and kiss the floor.
. . . ANYWAYS....
My inquire was that I started NEARLY the exact same thing in the mid-90's where players send in their listing of pool playing places. I was listing the establishments NAME - ADDY - #Tables - FOOD - ETC.. But (always a but somewhere) at that early stages of the Internet, it didn't get much response so I dropped paying for that expensive website, it just wasn't panning out.
I DO WISH YOU ALL THE LUCK yours grows. ;)

Clowns are funny though! :grin-square::grin-square::grin-square:

Glad we took you through memory lane!
We thought about doing the same thing, where players fill in the blanks, but after a bit of research back in 2010, we decided to build the directory ourselves and that is from scratch. One thing we didn't realize that it took us about 2 years to do it. And by the time we were ready to deploy, some rooms were closed, address and phone number changes, new rooms, equipment changes and so on...
So we released the directory in a very basic web format with no database configurations attached(search, filter, sort options and more...) until we could figure out a way to keep up with it, while we were building the database coding and styles.

The latest version with full functionality was released September 2017, technically our 5 year anniversary since the App went public. It allows the end user(yourself for example) to edit/add info to each listing with of course final verification on our end to change/add new data.
Please don't misunderstand, the database is still not perfect, in fact it will never be due to changes in so many variables involved on it. We get on average 10-15 edits/adds/deletes daily. That is a good thing in fact! :)

It is a massive database with search options, filters and more...
We are about to release the biggest section of them all: Coupons & Discounts, where room owners post their promotions, from table discounts, flat rates, lunch special, taco Tuesday to name it whatever you can think of and users can take advantage of it.
Plus, because we have an app(Android and iTunes), we can send out push notifications and alerts for their(rooms) upcoming events and much more..

We are already in talks with friends in Canada to do the same thing for Canada(The database is in the works as we speak) :) :) :)

We thank you for your interest and please do feel free to email us just to say hello and/or any questions you have. And if you have any adds/edits to be made on the system, please don't hesitate.
And don't forget the app is free, download it, use it, share it and rate it! It is always appreciated! :)

Have a great night!
-Ramin
ramin@goplaypool.com
Co-Founder

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
I was just KISS'n it.... "Just the facts mam, just the facts."
I'm sure in time I would have had to expand as you are.

GREAT JOB so far. :thumbup:

GoPlayPool

Search. Find. Play.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Attention Pool Room Owners

The GO Dashboard is now available for use.

Member room owners can now:
-Add coupons, discounts, offers and promotions
-Send out push notifications for their events, specials and weekly leagues and/or tournaments
-Be part of the Featured Rooms listings on the system
-Have full control of their profile and change as they please
-Plus a lots more...

2018_01_godeals_450.png

2018_02_push_450.png

2018_03_featured_450.png

2018_04_control_450.png

We did the work for you: Knowing you are busy daily, we have created the system which allows you to use 1000+ images in 20+ categories to post coupons and offers. You fill in the title and details and we post it.
Keep players updated: Also, weekly flyer uploads and push notifications are handled by our reps daily, 7 days a week.
Let people know about your room: You can also fill in the blanks in the: "About section" and if you have a retail/merchandise section, you can offer details on that as well.

Pricing is available monthly and/or yearly(one month free) at $25.00 a month. :smile::smile::smile:

You can't beat it! :thumbup:
Check it out yourself and read more about it here.

Our current members are very satisfied and new members are signing up daily. :D
What are you waiting for?

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us! :)

Tap/click below for more info:
<<< ROOM OWNER INFO >>>
<<< FEATURED ROOMS >>>
<<< GODEAL$/PROMOS >>>

GoPlayPool

Search. Find. Play.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Latest news

2018_09_pressrelease.png

GoPlayPool Celebrates 6th Year and Announces Expansion into Canada

As well as new membership benefits and advertising opportunities.
Aliso Viejo, CA- September 17, 2018: The GoPlayPool App has reached its 6th year in the industry. Owners, Ramin Bakhtiari and Mary Ann Starkey, would like to thank family, friends, and their many supporters. “Without everyone’s patience and support, we wouldn’t have made it this far.” The system, as a whole, is more organized and inclusive than ever before. In the last year, the directory of pool rooms has made a change by including more information about the establishments available to users. Each listing now includes basic information when available. Table types, sizes and counts, tournament and league availability are part of our basic listings. The GoPlayPool App is focused on the future of pool, so we also include age limits in our basic listings. We want to let our users know where junior players can practice, play and compete. GoPlayPool App Member Rooms can also post food and drink menus, entertainment, special events and much more.

GoPlayPool App users can also add, edit or delete pool rooms and their information directly through the free GoPlayPool App or the GoPlayPool website. This has created a user-based directory, which some have said is like a ‘pool version of Yelp’. It’s now easier than ever for pool room owners and managers to become members of the GoPlayPool App, which includes monthly and yearly memberships.

When pool rooms become members, they receive multiple benefits, which include a more descriptive listing and profile. These profiles contain everything from specific tournament and league information, coupons and discounts for users through our GoDeal$ Program, as well as push notifications to let GoPlayPool App users know about upcoming events in member rooms. And last but not least, members become part of the “Featured Listings” on the system.

The GoPlayPool App also contains an extensive flyer section, where pool rooms can post their event flyers for free. For those who are interested in posting flyers, it’s recommended to do so at least a month before the event to get as much exposure as possible.

As of August 2018, the GoPlayPool website has over 100,000 views a month. That’s a focused audience that is searching for pool related information. With more members and users than ever, the GoPlayPool App is going to be expanding their directory into Canada. Ramin Bakhtiari said, “We are very excited to move into the next phase of this company. Creating the directory for Canada will take some time, but we’ve seen the demand from players and pool rooms alike, so we’re expanding.”

If you already have the GoPlayPool App installed on your devices, it is recommended that you re-install the app to make sure the new features are updated. As always, there are no pop-up advertisements and users are not required to login to use the GoPlayPool App or website. For GoPlayPool App users, Mary Ann Starkey wants to remind them to “keep the notifications turned on so you can get updates and notifications about upcoming events.

The GoPlayPool App is available on both Android and Apple devices. It is 100% free to download and use. Visit www.GoPlayPool.com to learn more about the available features or to become a GoPlayPool App Member location.

GoPlayPool

Search. Find. Play.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Happy Holidays!

Happy Holidays to all AZB-ers from our family to yours and hope it is a great season.
Be safe and enjoy!
:cool: :cool: :cool:

GoPlayPool

Search. Find. Play.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nick's/ Triangle Billiards in Endicott NY no listing?

9' GC's + Diamond, one carom. Small pool hall, but Old school room, charm, owner, players. Unfortunately it's an hour from me, have not been out this past year since 9' bar options opened closer (The Office, Corning) Love Triangle, though.
smt

Thanks for the info. Just added it to the directory!
Happy New Year!

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No GPS

I installed this on my Android phone and just assumed, as is the case for virtually every smartphone directory app out there, that there would be GPS functionality. No. Imagine my surprise.

When I travel for business, and I'm in my car at a light, or at my hotel, how the heck am I supposed to know what zip code I'm in?

In the works since 2014? When should we expect this?

That's feature request number 1.

2. Ability to comment on venues in the app, like "this place is closed," or write a review, etc.;
3. Include the url for the venue's website.

Thanks,

jv

GoPlayPool

Search. Find. Play.
Gold Member
Silver Member
GPS functionality

I installed this on my Android phone and just assumed, as is the case for virtually every smartphone directory app out there, that there would be GPS functionality. No. Imagine my surprise.
2. Ability to comment on venues in the app, like "this place is closed," or write a review, etc.;
3. Include the url for the venue's website.
jv

jviss:
Thanks for the input.
1.We just took the GPS out in November to add Canada to the directory and killing off some bugs. It will be added back on :thumbup:
2. The comment section, we don't want to copy what Yelp has done and working on a "Thumbs up/down" concept as we speak
3. Establishment's complete information is listed under the < i > icon under listings; from their website/facebook/yelp/twitter to other amenities and more!

Hope your travels are safe!

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jviss:
Thanks for the input.
1.We just took the GPS out in November to add Canada to the directory and killing off some bugs. It will be added back on :thumbup:
2. The comment section, we don't want to copy what Yelp has done and working on a "Thumbs up/down" concept as we speak
3. Establishment's complete information is listed under the < i > icon under listings; from their website/facebook/yelp/twitter to other amenities and more!

Hope your travels are safe!

Thank you for your reply! Looking forward to the GPS feature.