Shaft care help

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
Hi folks,
Ok - I recently picked up a cheap cue from a buddy of mine. It's an Earl Strickland Maximizer cue. (Yea - cheap cue, and I do have decent ones, but ...)

Anyway - I was wondering about shaft care for this one. Looks like carbon fiber. It just doesn't have that smooth glass like feel to it while stroking. Is that just the nature of the beast? Or would a coat of some shaft wax help that out?

Not that the cue would ever replace my good cues (Joss, Lucasi, Mezz, etc.) it's just that I'd like it to be as good as possible. Suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
if you have access to a cue repair guy give it to him
if not cue wiz then burnish
icbw
EDIT
I missed the part that said carbon fiber
No cue wiz
My bad
Sorry

Last edited:

cj609

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe those cues are graphite. U will probably need a glove or have to put a coating of cue silk. Graphite was never smooth gliding from what I remember. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cuetec, has a shaft liquid that works well,

DONT---use any abrasive and don't do any cue whiz and don't use any slickers or papers on these Graphite or Graphite over maple shafts.

I do a treatment on these cues, but it is ONLY a liquid treatment and then I polish the shaft with a CLOTH, NOTHING ABRASIVE!!!

Hope this helps,

Contact me @ PM or 727 277 9853 if you want to ask any other questions,

MOST PLAYERS USING CUETEC OR EXCALIBUR OR Graphite over maple shafts, use GLOVES!!!!

Hope this helps,

mike 'acedonkeyace' kennedy:thumbup:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cuetec does not manufacture any carbon fiber shafts. There are only two companies producing carbon fiber cue shafts...Predator and BeCue...and neither of them are inexpensive.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Hi folks,
Ok - I recently picked up a cheap cue from a buddy of mine. It's an Earl Strickland Maximizer cue. (Yea - cheap cue, and I do have decent ones, but ...)

Anyway - I was wondering about shaft care for this one. Looks like carbon fiber. It just doesn't have that smooth glass like feel to it while stroking. Is that just the nature of the beast? Or would a coat of some shaft wax help that out?

Not that the cue would ever replace my good cues (Joss, Lucasi, Mezz, etc.) it's just that I'd like it to be as good as possible. Suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
Cuetec does not manufacture any carbon fiber shafts. There are only two companies producing carbon fiber cue shafts...Predator and BeCue...and neither of them are inexpensive.

Scott Lee

Hey Scott - thanks for the reply. I kinda figured it wasn't, hence the "looks like" part. From what LITTLE research I've since done, I get the impression it's some sort of graphite covered wood maybe. Either way, it's something I only paid $30 for, and that was mostly to help out a buddy who doesn't have much to work with.

I shot 1 rack and wasn't very impressed - but it's something I can let other folks use without putting my good stuff out there.

thanks again to all for the input.

PoppaSaun

Banned
There are only two companies producing carbon fiber cue shafts...Predator and BeCue...and neither of them are inexpensive.

Scott Lee

That is simply not true. 'Graphite' is carbon fiber. Graphite, as used in fishing rods and some cues is carbon fiber. As with everything, there are different grades of CFRP, and different ways of working with the material.