ltb radial tap (ball tap)

cammel8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know of anywhere that sells radial taps less than 60 bucks (Prather) or is that pretty much my bottom price I'm going to find. I have a project where I need one but I really don't want to break the budget for a tap I will rarely use. That or does anyone have an old one they want to get rid of. 8)

I know Atlas has them but they want 90 for them. And that is worse than Prather. I have yet to find them in the wild but I'm sure they are out there. Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Also looking for a radial tap, don't want to pay 105 from Atlas if I don't have to

Seen them for 150 on eBay

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
Everyone is still out of order. Any help would be awesome.

Just as an FYI, the title of this thread states: "ltb radial tap (ball tap)".
Those are two different pins and two different taps; they're not interchangeable.
You need to know what you want before you spend the money.

HTHs, KJ

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Just as an FYI, the title of this thread states: "ltb radial tap (ball tap)".
Those are two different pins and two different taps; they're not interchangeable.
You need to know what you want before you spend the money.

HTHs, KJ

How are you supposed to know then, I only see one type of pin for sale, says radial

Which tap then for the radial pin that Atlas and shmelke sell? The expensive one right?

Last edited:

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
How are you supposed to know then, I only see one type of pin for sale, says radial

Which tap then for the radial pin that Atlas and shmelke sell? The expensive one right?

Let the 'search' feature be your guide to enlightenment. The topic has beeb discussed before.
Or, you might call the purveyors of these taps and get the straight skinny from them.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Indeed it has been discussed before this thread is proof
The search lead me here

Thank you for the information you deemed fit to enlighten me with, the fact that there are 2 different but where to find them I suppose is just too much to ask

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
The search lead me here

Thank you for the information you deemed fit to enlighten me with, the fact that there are 2 different but where to find them I suppose is just too much to ask

Of me it is. I'm not doing your homework for you. I tried to give you a heads-up
and you've been whining like a slighted child since. Good luck with your endeavor.

KJ

metalware10

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m out of stock of the ball tap. But in order to keep the selling record on eBay, I marked $150 each.
New batch will finish after 2-3 weeks, will back to original price by that time.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The search lead me here

I'm going to open the can of worms to try and help you. Of course opinions are going to vary.
The term Radial as in our Radial screws is Patented by Uni loc corp. Ball screw has become a popular term describing the screws that Migliore produces. By not using the term Radial. It avoids copy write infringement. Both screws fit the same.
Atlas is the main supplier of Uni loc products. The taps have become pricey but like everything else today, It's about money. I'll stop there.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Unless things have changed the ball screw pin that Schmelke sells is a different thread pitch than the Atlas Radial. So if you need a tap to fit the original Radial then Atlas is the source. If you want one for the Schmelke pin then go to Schmelke.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unless things have changed the ball screw pin that Schmelke sells is a different thread pitch than the Atlas Radial. So if you need a tap to fit the original Radial then Atlas is the source. If you want one for the Schmelke pin then go to Schmelke.

True. That's another one. 3/8x8 ball screw

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
I'm going to open the can of worms to try and help you. Of course opinions are going to vary.
The term Radial as in our Radial screws is Patented by Uni loc corp. Ball screw has become a popular term describing the screws that Migliore produces. By not using the term Radial. It avoids copy write infringement. Both screws fit the same.
Atlas is the main supplier of Uni loc products. The taps have become pricey but like everything else today, It's about money. I'll stop there.

Thank you , my buddy Dale Buchanan says that the cuefit fits fine with a atlas g10 radial pin,

He send me a video of him tapping with that ball tap and inserting both the atlas stainless and g10 pins

They looked like they fit fine as you say, no wiggle

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member

Thank you as well
I didn't even look for the tap from shmelke

I bought a radial g10 from both shmelke and atlas, looks like I will wait a bit for the tap

Last edited: