Good Vegas pool halls…..

cscott67

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone have any good suggestions for places to play here in Vegas? I have a couple more days and have already spent some time at Griffs. (very nice place) Thanks for any suggestions, Dr S

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I have also spent a few hours here https://www.gorilla-cafe.com/ plenty of 3=c tables and players. 9 ft pool tables and a Gold Crown snooker table.

The people who work here are very friendly. It is not non=smoking so if you don't smoke then it might not be for you.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I have also spent a few hours here https://www.gorilla-cafe.com/ plenty of 3=c tables and players. 9 ft pool tables and a Gold Crown snooker table.

The people who work here are very friendly. It is not non=smoking so if you don't smoke then it might not be for you.

Interesting...Gorilla Cafe.....do they have the APE League there? :cool:

IMG_4763.JPG

IMG_4762.JPG

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Well yes pt...yes they do!

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member

Wonder if that is where the GC snooker table from Griff's went? Right next door to Gorilla is Rum Runner. It is the home of the annual Andy Mercer tournament. All small Diamonds.

Lyn

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Wonder if that is where the GC snooker table from Griff's went? Right next door to Gorilla is Rum Runner. It is the home of the annual Andy Mercer tournament. All small Diamonds.

Lyn

I don't know Lyn. The first and only time I was there was during the M-cup in 2015. SJM and I went there two of the four nights and had a blast. I thought Griffs just opened?

cscott67

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the suggestions!!

Went to gorilla cafe last night. No action, and there were several 3-cushion tabl s,and the aforementioned 10ft brunswick snooker table along with some diamonds. Will try LV cue club tomorrow. S

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
I don't know Lyn. The first and only time I was there was during the M-cup in 2015. SJM and I went there two of the four nights and had a blast. I thought Griffs just opened?

Yes, Griff's opened last fall. Mr Griffin found a Brunswick GC snooker table is someones basement and had it refinished. Great looking table. Nothing but golf played on it. Must not have been economically feasible to keep it. Took up the space of two tables.

Did you play at Gorilla? My one visit the owner allowed me to practice for an hour till someone came in and wanted to play a match. Refused to charge me. Don't know if that is an ongoing business practice or a one time thing.

Incidentally, I was at the '15 MC as well. Always wore various colored LV Cue Club shirts.

Lyn

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello Sir, did you ask Gary about some action. I'm sure he could find you something. Last time I was at Good Timez there was some action going on.
Bora

Last edited:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Yes, Griff's opened last fall. Mr Griffin found a Brunswick GC snooker table is someones basement and had it refinished. Great looking table. Nothing but golf played on it. Must not have been economically feasible to keep it. Took up the space of two tables.

Did you play at Gorilla? My one visit the owner allowed me to practice for an hour till someone came in and wanted to play a match. Refused to charge me. Don't know if that is an ongoing business practice or a one time thing.

Incidentally, I was at the '15 MC as well. Always wore various colored LV Cue Club shirts.

Lyn

I'm not sure about the Gold Crown but I do remember it was in great shape and had the third leg set. Yes a friend of mine who goes every other year and Stu(sjm) always go out and play what ever we can. During the Mosconi cup the LV pool rooms experience more business then usual, sometimes we can't snag a 9fter so we will play 3-cushion. Stu is a great coach a gives me a very generous spot. I get 10 points on the wire and we play a race to 20 points. Stu also gives me advice on my shots and last time we played the score ended at 20-19:cool:

In 2013 we played Best Billiards(now closed)with Lou F who is no stranger to caroms.

The guys working the counter at Gorillas went out of their way to make us feel at home when we were there. It will be good to get a chance to meet you this year.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
I'm not sure about the Gold Crown but I do remember it was in great shape and had the third leg set. Yes a friend of mine who goes every other year and Stu(sjm) always go out and play what ever we can. During the Mosconi cup the LV pool rooms experience more business then usual, sometimes we can't snag a 9fter so we will play 3-cushion. Stu is a great coach a gives me a very generous spot. I get 10 points on the wire and we play a race to 20 points. Stu also gives me advice on my shots and last time we played the score ended at 20-19:cool:

In 2013 we played Best Billiards(now closed)with Lou F who is no stranger to caroms.

The guys working the counter at Gorillas went out of their way to make us feel at home when we were there. It will be good to get a chance to meet you this year.

And you as well!

Lyn