Wrap Enhancement

Barry13

Registered
What product(s) are used to make a wrap more shiny and increases the blackness of a linen wrap? My current black w/ white speck wrap appears duller compared to the attached photos. I'm guessing a furniture wax or something like that. Thank you for sharing your knowledge,

Attachments

• Jet Black Wrap 1.jpg
    Jet Black Wrap 1.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 571

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
Get a block of paraffin wax and rub it in, then buff with a dry rag. That's how I used to do it before I began making cues.

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rub some waxed paper on it, which is in fact a paraffin coated piece of paper. It will give you just the right amount of tack on an otherwise slick ass wrap. :wink:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a 1-pound box of Gulf Wax Household Paraffin Wax at Walmart for just a few dollars ($3 or $4). I haven't seen it sold in smaller sizes, but I didn't go hunting all over for it..

The box has 4-5 bars that will last you forever if you are only going to use it on wraps. It can be used for a lot of other things...making candles, sealing jelly jars, etc. The joint on my Sneaky Pete was making a squeaky sound when I screwed the cue pin into the shaft insert. I rubbed some of the wax on the pin and now it is as quiet as a mouse.

When I used it on my wrap, I just cut a little chunk off one of the bars, warmed it in my hands until it was a bit softer than it is when you take it out of the box, rubbed it over the wrap until it had a bit of a wax coating, and then rubbed it in real good with a piece of a brown paper bag. It is a lot easier, to me, than trying to use the wax paper routine.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gulf-Wax-Household-Paraffin-Wax-16-oz/10420578