Adhesive magnets for chalk

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Does anyone make adhesive magnets that can be applied to the bottom of any brand of chalk so that you can then attach the chalk to any of the popular pocket magnets?
I don't like using chalk that is housed in a plastic or leather shell. All the magnetic holders come with a square plastic holder for the chalk. The holders have either a magnet or metal base to attach to the pocket magnet. The problem with these holders is that once the chalk starts wearing down the holder gets in the way. Also, I'm just used to using a small cube of chalk and don't care for the larger diameter of a chalk holder.

bchuang

Registered
Does anyone make adhesive magnets that can be applied to the bottom of any brand of chalk so that you can then attach the chalk to any of the popular pocket magnets?

I don't like using chalk that is housed in a plastic or leather shell. All the magnetic holders come with a square plastic holder for the chalk. The holders have either a magnet or metal base to attach to the pocket magnet. The problem with these holders is that once the chalk starts wearing down the holder gets in the way. Also, I'm just used to using a small cube of chalk and don't care for the larger diameter of a chalk holder.

I just superglue a metal washer to the bottom of the chalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Back to the drawing board. I guess my magnet was too strong. The washer stuck to the magnet while tearing the paper off the bottom of the chalk.

bchuang

Registered
Back to the drawing board. I guess my magnet was too strong. The washer stuck to the magnet while tearing the paper off the bottom of the chalk.

Mezz has their Smart Sticker product for attaching a metal plate to the bottom of chalk. I was going to try that before the super glue worked for me.

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the Kamui magnetic chalk holder. The cube goes in a rubber holder. When the chalk gets lower, I fold a piece of paper and put it in the bottom between the magnet and the chalk so it sits where it would new. You can use a piece of chalk pretty far down.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

madman1nonly

Fine Handmade Cue Tips
Silver Member
I have the Kamui magnetic chalk holder. The cube goes in a rubber holder. When the chalk gets lower, I fold a piece of paper and put it in the bottom between the magnet and the chalk so it sits where it would new. You can use a piece of chalk pretty far down.

I have a magnetic holder with a 17 pounds on the holder n 17 pound on the cube the cube is made out of hard leather just like my B/jump tips, if you want to see it check with Mike at Omega

madman1nonly

Fine Handmade Cue Tips
Silver Member
I have a magnetic holder with a 17 pounds on the holder n 17 pound on the cube the cube is made out of hard leather just like my B/jump tips, if you want to see it check with Mike at Omega

Here is what it looks like.........

Attachments

• 1518115888087575841010.jpg
    1518115888087575841010.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 658

mister__p

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You could buy a leather holder and cut it down to a 1cm height which is what I did.The advantage of soft leather holders is they can fit square, octagon and even Molinari round chalks which is what I use these days.

I made my own magnetic holder for a few bucks which has a pulling force of over 30N which means everything will get ripped off the base of the chalk if you attempt to superglue anything.

When I was adjusting the pulling strength, it was a trade off between using the leather holder and never having the chalk drop on me or having less pulling force and being able to stick a pretty circular silver magnet at the base of the chalk with 5N force. I decided to go with more pulling force as I have cracked too many expensive chalks after they rolled out of my pouch

Last edited:

mister__p

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tape

I purchased some small neodymium disc magnets ( 20mm diameter x 2mm thickness ) but instead of supergluing them to the base of the chalk, I did the following

1. Used double sided 3M tape to stick the magnet to the base
2. Then used some pretty stationary masking tape to dress the magnet with the tape sticking up the sides of the chalk ensuring super strong and semi-permanent fixing. This also means you end up with a very good looking customised looking piece of chalk and once the chalk runs out, you can take it apart and do it again on your next piece.

The reason I did the above is because I use round (molinari) and hex (predator ) chalk where chalk holders are impossible to get unless you pay extortionate prices for a bit of CNCed metal.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Use some Go-rilla brand duct tape as you would the Mezz Smart strip to hold the metal to the bottom of the chalk. For good measure, go once around the side of the chalk with a strip of tape. This chit WILL hold.
I think you can get it in different colors, I just happen to have a roll of the black laying around!

SSP

Just got a Crical magnetic holder, uses silicone rubber to hold the chalk, the magnet is super strong, I like mine, worth a look

SSP

I almost got banned from AZ Billiards for submitting mine, they said anyone looking at that picture has been subjected to cruel and unusual punishment, I just got a new chalk holder from Crical it comes with silicone holders, just tried it out last night, the silicone rubber weighs nothing, makes the chalk easy to grip, and they give you a silicone cap to put on top of the chalk so when you store it in the case the case stays clean, worth a look......just not my nude pic !!!!!!!!!!!!!

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
For Taom V10 or similar round chalk I used this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2038326212...d=link&campid=5335988529&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

as well as this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1324077298...d=link&campid=5335988529&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

Put one magnet on the bottom of the chalk. No adhesive needed. Cut heat shrink tubing so it goes up the side of the chalk about 1/4 or 1/3 of the way. Shrink the tubing with heat. Put a loose magnet in your pocket. Could be pants pocket, "5th pocket on jeans," shirt pocket, bib overalls pocket, etc.

This tubing and magnet are a perfect fit and look like something professionally done. I'd imagine you can do this with square chalks or octagon, whatever should work.

SSP

The ability to have a cover over the chalk side of the chalk so the cue case stays clean was what made me go with the Crical

SSP

Just looked at the Kamui holder, wanted $50.00 on Amazon, the Crical was $23.00, they give you a round holder for Toam v2 and a square holder for regular chalk