Samsara

sgengaro86

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Over the last 15 years, I have payed with two cues. First, a Bender that I really liked but it felt a little harsh. About ten year ago, at the recommendation of a friend, I purchased a Mike Lambros with the ultra joint. I love the way this cue feels. I have hit many cues over the years in addition to the ones I have owned, and the Lambros is my favorite.

Roughly a month ago, I decided to try an LD shaft. Since Mike Lambros doesn't (to my knowledge) thread LD shafts, I did some research and ended up with a Samsara cue with the True Shaft. The cue cost me about $800-850 new and finish is beautiful. More importantly, the hit is extremely solid without being harsh - almost a little "soft" feeling yet very solid. It actually reminds me a bit of an ivory joint. The LD shaft is all maple (I was trying to avoing laminated shafts) and it definitely deflects far less than any standard shaft I have every played. Admittedly I don't have experience with other LD shafts, but I love this cue.

I plan to talk to Samsara and have a cue customer designed for me and use my existing cue when I travel. Outstanding product!!

eazyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would second this! Ive played with Schon with Searing Shaft, OB Cue, Ted Harris but none have hit like the Samsara I own.

Overall Solid feel with a soft hit like mentioned above. It has an Ivory feel to the hit.

Amazing cue and looks even better!

oneover

Registered
I too resently purchased my first Samsara with their LD True shaft. Plays very well and construction is top notch. Mine is a wrapless 5 pointer with some of the best figured wood I have ever seen. It a keeper for sure

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another Samsara fan here. Roughly 90% of the people that hit with it are favorably impressed as well.

Keith

niteviewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Picked up a Samsara Salmon Six off eBay and very impressed with the low deflection playability of the cue. Now I know why you don't find a lot of used ones for sale.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Viader

Registered
I bought this one a year and a half ago. Took awhile to get used to the taper (flares out a little sooner than what I was used to). But now, it's my favorite by far. The hit of the solid maple shaft has the traditional feel I was missing in a low deflection shaft. It put my McDermott with I2 shaft and a Shurtz (Bob Owen with LD shaft) back in my rack. Can't imagine using anything else right now.

I saved this photo from Samara's website when I bought it. The knots and grain match mine, so it's a shot of my cue. I don't always do my part, but the cue looks great!

samsara1.jpg

LegitStick1234

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Samsara with their LD shaft and I bought the True Break shaft also. Very impressed with the quality of both. Great equipment and they have beautiful cues!

A-A-RON

Registered
I’m actually trying to get ahold of Samsara to get a price on a break cue. Still have not gotten a response via email or Facebook. Anyone know of a better way to get in touch with them?

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m actually trying to get ahold of Samsara to get a price on a break cue. Still have not gotten a response via email or Facebook. Anyone know of a better way to get in touch with them?

Gentleman has a couple of threads in the For Sale section, one of which has some. Maybe jazznpool?

Keith

Ipmtim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes Jazznpool. Just bought one and waiting on delivery.
He has them posted in the for sale section. Beautiful cue and can't wait to hit it.