Cue Doctor shaft cleaner

dvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is about the best stuff I've found. Now it seems very hard to get.

I've been using it for several years, maybe once or twice a week, and it keeps the shafts looking new and very smooth; use cue wax afterwards very liberally and then burnish. Simple, but looking for more!

I bought a 16 ounce of Dr X shaft cleaner a couple years ago and its just about dry.

I've been searching for more, even tried their website, email and phone number-no luck. Seyberts, Pool Dawg, etc had it but shows sold out; can't even find the small bottle.

I've used plenty of other stuff; mostly just use a damp paper cloth after each night of play and dry it with a cue cloth.

Anyone know where I might get some of this stuff OR recommend another liquid product, I don't like the powders

Thanks

I'll also post in WFSS

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A common household product I found to work surprisingly similar is Soft Scrub.
I fold a paper towel in half, put a few drops on it and use it just like the Rx Cue Doctor.
I'm also down to my last few drops of Rx Cue Doctor but since I've been getting such good results from the Soft Scrub, that's all I'll be using plus my shaft wax.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
This is about the best stuff I've found. Now it seems very hard to get.

I've been using it for several years, maybe once or twice a week, and it keeps the shafts looking new and very smooth; use cue wax afterwards very liberally and then burnish. Simple, but looking for more!

I bought a 16 ounce of Dr X shaft cleaner a couple years ago and its just about dry.

I've been searching for more, even tried their website, email and phone number-no luck. Seyberts, Pool Dawg, etc had it but shows sold out; can't even find the small bottle.

I've used plenty of other stuff; mostly just use a damp paper cloth after each night of play and dry it with a cue cloth.

Anyone know where I might get some of this stuff OR recommend another liquid product, I don't like the powders

Thanks

I'll also post in WFSS

My memory might be fooling me, but I think that brand was made here in Iowa and the guy quit making it at least 10 years ago, according to a cue builder friend of mine.

It has a powder (talc?) of some sort in an alcohol solution, so maybe you could try making some for yourself?

A lot of people are using the Mr.Clean's Magic Eraser now, available at any grocery store.

Don't wear out your shaft, either way.

Jeff Livingston

dvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
soft scrub

Thanks for the suggestions.

I used a very small amount of soft scrub on a damp cloth; worked it in a little, dried and buffed with a cue cloth and burnished it with a piece of leather.

Worked great!

probably a nickles worth of soft scrub, some of the stuff out there is about 10 bucks for 2 or 3 ounces

Thanks again

Dave