Chinese 8 Ball Table

Wybrook

A. Wheeler
Silver Member
I have been trying to find a retailer for a Chinese 8 ball table in the US or even someone in China that does shipping to the US.

I found these guys
but don't know if they ship to US...

I was kind of looking for the manufacturer JOY..
Anyone in China know anything about these tables and how much they run??

Thanks..

Bar-Banger

Registered
I have been trying to find a retailer for a Chinese 8 ball table in the US or even someone in China that does shipping to the US.

I found these guys

Thanks..

I tried searching for a JOY website and could find nothing.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I found these guys

Thanks..

It may be cheaper to modify a standard bar table with the rails or buy a small snooker table which is just about the same. At least they LOOK the same.

AngryTurtle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It may be cheaper to modify a standard bar table with the rails or buy a small snooker table which is just about the same. At least they LOOK the same.

I am working to understand the differences between Chinese 8 Ball, English 8 Ball, Blackball, and American 8 ball.

AFAIK, a Chinese 8 ball table IS a 9' snooker table, is that right? Balls are Snooker sized?

Odysseus

Student of the game
Silver Member
Angry Turtle,
I am currently snooping around for specs, manufacturers, cost, etc for the table used in most Major Chinese tournaments- a table referred to as a "Joy" table.

If you are looking for rules on Chinese 8 ball, check out "Chinese 8 Ball Rules" on the Home Leisure Direct YouTube channel. Gareth Potts explains the basic rules in short. He won the Chinese 8 Ball Masters in 2013 and 2014 which is just insane.

Odysseus

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am working to understand the differences between Chinese 8 Ball, English 8 Ball, Blackball, and American 8 ball.

AFAIK, a Chinese 8 ball table IS a 9' snooker table, is that right? Balls are Snooker sized?

Close... it appears they are a 9ft version of an English Snooker table. The balls
are American Pool sized, 2 1/4 in.

As for the rules for American 8 Ball - that could be a lifetime project if you try to include
all the "local bar rules". :)

Dale

Last edited:

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
That's what I remember. I'd just pick up a good used Gold Crown and put snooker rails on em. We've got one in town here, they've been playing on it here and it was in Pueblo, for over 40 years. 2 1/4 balls.

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's what I remember. I'd just pick up a good used Gold Crown and put snooker rails on em. We've got one in town here, they've been playing on it here and it was in Pueblo, for over 40 years. 2 1/4 balls.

Except the China tables use the Brit style L shaped cushions, not triangular like
American tables. IMHO - World of dif in how they play.

Dale

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Except the China tables use the Brit style L shaped cushions, not triangular like
American tables. IMHO - World of dif in how they play.

Dale

Perfect, order a set of L shaped cushions, cheaper than shipping a table.

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Perfect, order a set of L shaped cushions, cheaper than shipping a table.

Except, you would then need to completely rebuild the rail liners - which not only
would likely cost more than shipping the table, and, the chances of it being done right
run 1 in 101.

Dale

goodsmell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Chinese 8 balls are the same size as 9balls, But IMO is little more difficult you play 9/10 ball than on the US table :)

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sweet tables in that link

any snooker table will work as a good practice table for chinese 8 ball

I'm trying to guess if the lack of rail height modification would make THAT much of a difference

but damn do those new chinese tables look sweet, and the top ones all seem built like brick shithouses with the steel block cushions and 2500 lb total weight

also LOVE the sweet sound when those balls are being pocketed clean with speed into those leather pockets

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member

I found these guys

Thanks..

jayson shaw could hook you up with info.

best,
brian kc